Official UFA Signing Thread

Mr. Nasty

The Vancouver Canucks have signed Brad Isbister, Byron Ritchie and prized goaltending prospect Cory Schneider.

I love the Ritchie signing and it's great to have Schneider finally signed as well. Isbister is probably for the farm with an outside shot as a reclamation project. Meh, you never know?

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zubrus is a Devil. 6 years just over 20 millon and he will produce near Gomez numberse next season.

:blink::blink:

Didn't the Leafs sign him yesterday? Or was that just a rumour?

Oilers sign free agent goaltender Mathieu Garon

*adds Edmonton Oilers to favourites*

Boy oh boy.. Great news!

^_^ :can:

Bonne chance Mathieu!

Go edm.gif go!

Not a bad situation for Garon - Roloson is pretty old, so if he impresses as a backup it's not unfathomable that he could be moved to tandem starter status sooner rather than later.

Garon heads to Edmonton.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8444

Belanger to Minnesota via RDS

You know, I forgot Belanger became a free agent.

Francophone + centre = RDS pissed?

Curtis Sanford signed, one year @600k w. Vancouver.

Like this one, Sanford is a good option as a backup and better than Sabourin in my opinion. Of course he'll only play 8-9 games considering it is Luongo ahead of him, but who knows, he might steal a couple.

Jackets sign Jiri Novotny for two years. About time the Jackets do something.

Maybe Howson is wary considering MacLean spent a lot of dough on signing Carter and previously Adam Foote and neither worked out too great.

Not a bad situation for Garon - Roloson is pretty old, so if he impresses as a backup it's not unfathomable that he could be moved to tandem starter status sooner rather than later.

You know, I forgot Belanger became a free agent.

Francophone + centre = RDS pissed?

Since the draft : RDS = :puke:

This is pure BULL DUNG!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212659&hubname=nhl

In a statement Tuesday, the Oilers said Nylander had signed with the Oilers on Sunday, only to then sign a US$19.5-million, four-year contract with the Capitals the next day.

To make matters worse, the Oilers say they held off going after other potential free agents because they thought they had Nylander in the bag.

AC's take: Some heads should roll for this. But who?

Very nice. For how much, pussy cat?

3.5M

Poor Souray...all his teams have given up on him. He may regret not signing for 5.5 with Montreal :lol:

3.5M

Poor Souray...all his teams have given up on him. He may regret not signing for 5.5 with Montreal :lol:

Wow. I would take Stuart at 3.5 over Hamrlik at 5.5 any day.

There's a reason he took a one year deal. He's trying to up his value when he hits the UFA market next season. Stuart was highly coveted at the deadline and wasn't much of an impact when he was dealt to Calgary.

This is pure BULL DUNG!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212659&hubname=nhl

In a statement Tuesday, the Oilers said Nylander had signed with the Oilers on Sunday, only to then sign a US$19.5-million, four-year contract with the Capitals the next day.

To make matters worse, the Oilers say they held off going after other potential free agents because they thought they had Nylander in the bag.

AC's take: Some heads should roll for this. But who?

This is going to get ugly.

If the statement issued by the Oilers is true then Nylander is a dirty, no class piece of shat.

I don't think I have heard anything like this before. I wonder if some sort of compensation is in order, like a first round pick from Washington.

Here is the Oilers' statement:

In a statement released just moments ago, the Oilers state the following:

The Edmonton Oilers Hockey Club is compelled to clarify the unfortunate and unprecedented circumstances surrounding the Edmonton Oilers and Michael Nylander.

On Sunday, July 1, 2007, Kevin Lowe, Oilers General Manager, and Mr. Mike Gillis, Certified Agent for Michael Nylander, negotiated and agreed to a multi-year NHL Standard Players Contract, starting in 2007/08. Mr. Gillis confirmed same to the Oilers in writing.

The Oilers then proceeded with preparations to announce Mr. Nylander’s contract agreement on July 2, and concurrently continued with the process of negotiating with other free agents based upon Mr. Nylander being an important roster ingredient for the future.

However, while the Oilers were expecting the returned, signed agreements from Mr. Nylander and Mr. Gillis, the Oilers discovered through public announcements made mid-afternoon on July 2, that Mr. Nylander had subsequently entered into a long-term contract with the Capitals.

The Oilers can find no precedent for such conduct in our history. The Oilers are examining and pursuing every course of action available in the best interest of the team and our fans.

Edited by Prime Minister Koivu

NO HEAD LEAGUE.

NO BRAIN.

Another :wacko: day in the NHL folks. Lowe is getting many lawyers. The NHL obviously had been faxed the agreement. If they weren't, I have many questions for Bettman. Mainly, is Krusty the Clowns' Smoking Monkey running the league?

monkey17d_125.jpg

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

According to Eklund, the Sabres and Sharks are going all out for Souray. Should be interesting. B)