Official UFA Signing Thread

Mr. Nasty

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW 45M$ for 5 seasons!

Don't get me wrong, he's worth every penny, I'm just surprised he didn't take less money.

I'm not surprised. Imagine how pissed would be the NHLPA veterans if Sid had accepted a 5 millions contract or so... He really could have argue about viscious hit and attack from other players then...

well this is interesting. He's maxed out and he's not even legal to drink in Pittsburgh, lol.

So what's a modern athlete to do? He can't make anymore money. Which is the main motivation for athletes. lol!

Well he can still make more and the cap and league max will probably go up so there's always more money to be made. Also, he can try racking up hardware and breaking some more of Gretzky's records.

Well he can still make more and the cap and league max will probably go up so there's always more money to be made. Also, he can try racking up hardware and breaking some more of Gretzky's records.

ah records that's for when your old and grey.

The real heart of an athlete is $$$$ and since he's maxed out he has no motivation.

ah records that's for when your old and grey.

The real heart of an athlete is $$$$ and since he's maxed out he has no motivation.

But like I said, he hasn't maxed out. He's making 8.7 per when the max is 10.6 - and then as the cap rises, so will the league max, so in the fourth or fifth year of that contract, the league max might be 15M and he'll suddenly be a huge bargain at his salary.

But like I said, he hasn't maxed out. He's making 8.7 per when the max is 10.6 - and then as the cap rises, so will the league max, so in the fourth or fifth year of that contract, the league max might be 15M and he'll suddenly be a huge bargain at his salary.

SO very true. BUt then the following year he will sign a 10 year deal with the Habs.

lol

I doubt he'd survive the media.

He gets more media attention than anyone on the Habs does and he's trained by his agent specifically to deal with the media and to make sure he always says the right things. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem for him.

It is 2.8 million for 1 year

http://www.dallasstars.com/

Wow, how the might Stars fallen in the last few years, way too much for one dimensional play. Now did I hear right that the NHL had a lockout not too long ago to prevent this type of signing? Hmmmm... must have been a dream, I'll go back to sleepyland now. :zzz:

He gets more media attention than anyone on the Habs does and he's trained by his agent specifically to deal with the media and to make sure he always says the right things. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem for him.

hmm he'll never set foot in the habs home locker room fan boys. I seem to remember him going off on the fans for booing him. He's a cry baby.

He's hates Montreal now. I thought that was well known by now.

hmm he'll never set foot in the habs home locker room fan boys. I seem to remember him going off on the fans for booing him. He's a cry baby.

He's hates Montreal now. I thought that was well known by now.

He might not want to play for us, but it wouldn't be because of the pressure - he can take it.

well its close to the max. Plus since NHL is dead in the states he won't be rolling in endorsements. His ego must hurt.

Because he's now the highest paid player in the NHL? Because he just racked up the trophies on Awards night? Because he's lead the league in scoring at 19?

They must be really high on this guy - first picking him at #4 and then signing him right away. If he were there at 22, I'm not sure we would have taken him.