Official UFA Signing Thread

Mr. Nasty

Hmmm I could imagine an unlikely signing in Mtl like Kariyaa hehe (obviously i want him here) Smyth would be an amazing asset to the team too.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First tier acquisitions are now practically dead. Gainey has to go second tier now. Whadda ya do? I wouldn't blame BOb. If anything, he helps the Habs be more attractive. UFA's know that Gainey will defend them. Just like he did with Patrice Brisebois. Obviously the market sucks for the Habs and Gainey should not be blamed. His presense should offset the media and fan worries.

Congratulations francophone media. You've screwed us again. :angry:

No PQ stars. We could have had a PQ star but he was worried about the PQ scrutiny. Catch 22 you jerks

First tier acquisitions are now practically dead. Gainey has to go second tier now. Whadda ya do? I wouldn't blame BOb. If anything, he helps the Habs be more attractive. UFA's know that Gainey will defend them. Just like he did with Patrice Brisebois. Obviously the market sucks for the Habs and Gainey should not be blamed. His presense should offset the media and fan worries.

Congratulations francophone media. You've screwed us again. :angry:

No PQ stars. We could have had a PQ star but he was worried about the PQ scrutiny. Catch 22 you jerks

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

can we have a REAL source please ???

FYI

Hockeybuzz and Sportsnet have been the first guys announcing most of the signings today. TSN has been lagging a bit today.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

FYI

Hockeybuzz and Sportsnet have been the first guys announcing most of the signings today. TSN has been lagging a bit today.

sill no link on sportsnet and I'll never consider ekclown a reliable source.

lets say he has all his predictions, his track record would still suck.

I must admit, hockeybuzz is having one of it's better days, although those are VERY rare. Good for them though.

UFA, especially today, is not the way to build a hockey team. Giving out insane contracts for star players? Just not the smart way to go even though a Smyth or Drury would be pretty cool. Gainey knows what he's doing though. He's a smart GM and he along with Timmins have done a great job with drafting. Building from within is huge in the new NHL and Gainey will come through. Making SMART trades and ufa signings once the insane contracts have died down is key to success so just be patient. ;)

QUOTE(David B @ Jul 2 2007, 11:15 AM) 226630[/snapback]I too trust the organization but have found a lot of humour from all of those fans who have been making up their new dreamt up lines including the Briere's, Gomez's, Drury's & Hannan's knowing full well the whole time that they were not going to be joining the Habs. :lol:

Lament for a fruitless UFA Season

My trash can overflows

with perfect Habs lines

that will never come to be.

Do I point my finger at taxes

and the Journal de Montreal,

or should I blame it all on Gainey?

TSN is now announcing it. ^_^

Almost word for word

Yep.

Bobby Mack said it was believed to be the Canadiens who were the 3rd team involved.

Edited by JMMR

Not only did Montreal offer more for Smyth and Briere. Dreger just said they were in the Gomez sweepstakes as well.

Very frustrating.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

Macguire said it is all because of the taxiation in the province of Quebec. He said agents are not stupid they tell thier players how much money they will lose playing in Quebec.

So close again :|

Bob must be ripping whatever hair is left.

Yep, that has got to suck. Feel for you guys. You should have landed one of them. :(

More bad news.

Smyth is heading to Colorado. Montreal offered 6 years at 39M and Smyth decided to take less money and fewer years!!!!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8381

Thats not bad news, thats fantastic news!

RYAN ######ING SMYTH AND SCOTT ######ING HANNAN

WHOOOOOAAAAA YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!

Wheres Mils? We have to part-ay!

Thats not bad news, thats fantastic news!

RYAN ######ING SMYTH AND SCOTT ######ING HANNAN

WHOOOOOAAAAA YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!

Wheres Mils? We have to part-ay!

I was wondering where you were. :P

I was wondering where you were. :P

I just got home from work to this wonderful news. ^_^

Life is wonderful!

:lol:

Freakin' Jets, always there to pitch in for a nice laugh.

:unsure:

I should be more sympathetic to you guys, I'm sorry. I was sad when Drury signed with the Rangers though, I never even thought Smyth was going to be a possibility. I mean, I know Eklund kept reporting but it's freakin' Eklund!