Official UFA Signing Thread

Mr. Nasty

Smyth signed with Colorado, didnt he?

Yes he is an Av. A poster during the last trade deadline disagreed with me that BOb should have kept Souray. I pointed out that Gainey did not screw us like Lowe screwed the Oilers (Smyth). The quote is the poster saying that when Smyth resigns with the Oilers and we lose Souray, that I would see how fruitless the idea of retaining Souray was.

This is an "I told you so" directed at said poster.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tsn hasnt reported that nylander signed anywhere so i dont think he has yet

Trust me it's done. :rolleyes:

The Hannan signing is actually kinda funny now, you guys should've seen me when San Jose opened up a 3-0 lead on us in the 2004 playoffs and Hannan was completely shutting down Foppa. I hated him and vowed to have him as one of my most hated players in the league.

Couldn't be happier now, haha.

Also, what the ###### is with Sarich getting 3.6 mil a year? Did Sutter get hit in the head with a puck?

:lol:

I said the same thing about Mitchell!

What's even funnier is that Sarich alone costs more than any dman we have here in Vancouver. :D

Souray's situation is a bit bizarre.

Maybe his asking price is high? With Schneider and Rafalski signed, he's window of opportunity is getting smaller to cash in unless his agent plays the right cards.

Wow, Gainey left out in the cold...

Just about every top free agent is gone. The best UFA defender available is indeed Sheldon Souray. The best centre? Michal Handzus??

Guess Gainey better concentrate on signing Shanahan?

FYI - The Smyth to Colorado deal did not have a no movement or no trade clause

Kariya signed for some serious dough with StL - 3yrs, 18M. Bad teams gotta overpay to attract.

Brad Stuart might be an option as well at defense - he's not half bad and can play well in a #3 guy role. But who does that leave as the #2? :P

Souray's situation is a bit bizarre.

Maybe his asking price is high? With Schneider and Rafalski signed, he's window of opportunity is getting smaller to cash in unless his agent plays the right cards.

Especially Schneider. If the LA area Souray concerns have merit, they're now probably limited to SJ or LA. You'd figure that Lombardi would have paid Souray 6 million by now. What is the hold up?

Souray just might take that 13.5 million over 3 offer that BOb already made to him. Maybe we can go 15/3.

WHERE'S LOMBARDI?

WHERE'S LAMORELLO?

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

FYI - The Smyth to Colorado deal did not have a no movement or no trade clause

Kariya signed for some serious dough with StL - 3yrs, 18M. Bad teams gotta overpay to attract.

Brad Stuart might be an option as well at defense - he's not half bad and can play well in a #3 guy role. But who does that leave as the #2? :P

Markov #1

Komisarek #2

Especially Schneider. If the LA area Souray concerns have merit, they're now probably limited to SJ or LA. You'd figure that Lombardi would have paid Souray 6 million by now. What is the hold up?

Souray just might take that 13.5 million over 3 offer that BOb already made to him. Maybe we can go 15/3.

WHERE'S LOMBARDI?

WHERE'S LAMORELLO?

Apparently NJ will not be replacing Gomez or Rafalski via UFA. They say they will not be paying the prices being asked. That was reported in their local newspaper today so it looks like they might begin a rebuild. Of course you never know for sure........

I'd also be surprised if Brad Stuart doesn't get signed by the Kings. I guess we'll wait and see what he's got up hi sleeve.

Apparently NJ will not be replacing Gomez or Rafalski via UFA. They say they will not be paying the prices being asked. That was reported in their local newspaper today so it looks like they might begin a rebuild. Of course you never know for sure........

I'd also be surprised if Brad Stuart doesn't get signed by the Kings. I guess we'll wait and see what he's got up hi sleeve.

Good. These are perhaps strong indicators that Souray might be feeling the pinch. Options sinking? Lombardi might have been after Gomez and others so agressively that he didn't have time for Souray yesterday. With them out of the picture, and 24.5 hours later I have to wonder. If Lombardi is after Stuart then it even spells further chills for Souray.

I hope so. I think 5 is fair. Where are you Sheldon? The market says 6 but you are never going to repeat the 2007 performance.

The Vancouver Canucks have signed Lukas Krajicek to a two-year contract worth $2.2 milion.

source: tsn.ca

The Vancouver Canucks have signed Lukas Krajicek to a two-year contract worth $2.2 milion.

source: tsn.ca

That is a terrific signing. :clap:

Disgusting how Habs will be left out in the cold... If Souray signs elsewhere, media will destroy Gainey...

Wow, Gainey left out in the cold...

Just about every top free agent is gone. The best UFA defender available is indeed Sheldon Souray. The best centre? Michal Handzus??

Guess Gainey better concentrate on signing Shanahan?

Hey that was my quote !!! :P

Tom Preissing to LA.

Four years worth 11 mill. 2.75 a year.

Trust me it's done. :rolleyes:

I said the same thing about Mitchell!

What's even funnier is that Sarich alone costs more than any dman we have here in Vancouver. :D

Holy crap, you should've seen the coverage on that in the Sun!

"Someone who is just as good as Regehr", "A great top-line defenceman".

Like 4 massive articles and guys like Drury, Briere and *cough*...RYAN SMYTH....*cough*...just get little blurbs. Last night feels like an absolute dream now though, haha. My family is beginning to find me insufferable, I've got little notes around the house that just say "RYAN SMYTH, WOO!". :P

Holy crap, you should've seen the coverage on that in the Sun!

"Someone who is just as good as Regehr", "A great top-line defenceman".

Like 4 massive articles and guys like Drury, Briere and *cough*...RYAN SMYTH....*cough*...just get little blurbs. Last night feels like an absolute dream now though, haha. My family is beginning to find me insufferable, I've got little notes around the house that just say "RYAN SMYTH, WOO!". :P

That's cowtown for ya.

You should print Ryan Smyth pictures and put them EVERYWHERE! I'm sure you'll do everything possible to rub it in. ;)