Official UFA Signing Thread

Mr. Nasty

3.6 looks like the going rate for a 3-5 guy.

Exactly. See Rivet's deal, hehe. That pretty much set the going rate. Plus, apparently the Hawks were interested in Sarich as well... probably backed out at $3.5M.

I like the Rafalski for $6M. That's about what Markov would have made on the open market as well... maybe a bit more. Sims fair to me.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perrault and Samsonov are going to light it up.

lollllllllllllllllllllllll

not a bad signing, actually.

lollllllllllllllllllllllll

not a bad signing, actually.

I know I was being serious. They will have a pretty great PP unit.

Panthers sign Radek Dvorak...looks like Martin really wants the Panthers in the playoffs next season.

That guys is incredible, just has terrible luck with injuries and goal posts.

This Briere stuff sucks. Dammit Philly. We shouldn't be shocked. Snider is ticked off about last season and he has money. Snider has always done this. It's not so much Clarke's fault in the past as it has been Snider's. I can't fathom this 10 million dollar deal on the first year. Holmgren has gone mad. I'd have a tough time defending Gainey if he did that. This was the deal killer for Montreal. Gainey builds teams. Teams are families. You can disturb the mix with that albatross type of contract. Holmgren is taking a HUGE risk.

Still pisses me off we missed. The good news is that with names coming off the UFA list, so to does the available UFA money available for all free agents due to teams locking up their payroll. Also, preferred destinations get locked out to players because of cap constraints. Gainey is awash in cash and can make several key moves yet. In a nutshell; with the availabilty dropping and the Habs UFA budget, Montreal will start to become more attractive now than it was at 1:00 ET today. Maybe BOb can use the advantage to overspend on a short term contract. Is Shanahan going to sign with the Rangers if the Rangers get Gomez?

Shanahan BOb?

Lots can still happen. I grow impatient like a typical Canadiens fan. :?-

Panthers sign Radek Dvorak...looks like Martin really wants the Panthers in the playoffs next season.

where did you see it?? cant find the l;ink anywhere.

Im more concerned about our D than our forwards, got enough prospects to be ok offensively but on D we are VERY weak atm.

Who knows what Latendresse and Kostitsyn can do with another year under their belts.

Briere was just on TSN.

Said other teams offered more money. But I doubt a longer term and NMC.

long term deals will bite teams in the arse.

Thornton is Bruin,

Shawn that is.

woop dee doo !!

another bold move by the Bs :lol:

Do your sources have some more on Mathieu Garon?

he's going to backup the victoriaville tigres !!!

Do your sources have some more on Mathieu Garon?

Hate to burst your bubble but I really don't have any sources :lol:

Although maybe I should relaunch my Canadiens site and create some kind of hockey "rumour" empire like Eklund :ninja:

If forced to guess, I think Garon might be looking at a backup role - how about New Jersey, where Scott Clemmensen was not re-signed?

Hate to burst your bubble but I really don't have any sources :lol:

Although maybe I should relaunch my Canadiens site and create some kind of hockey "rumour" empire like Eklund :ninja:

If forced to guess, I think Garon might be looking at a backup role - how about New Jersey, where Scott Clemmensen was not re-signed?

Only if he wants league minimum and to play less then 10 times per year.

Edited by JMMR