Official UFA Signing Thread

Mr. Nasty

Are you sure?

I thought when Washington agreed to trade him to the Rangers, they were on the hook for half of his contracts, options and bonuses too.

I did not think so but you could possibly be correct.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there goes Kozlov as well

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=4965

2.5M a year? thats what we paid our 3rd line center last season, Im beginning to think Gainey is a cheapskate (might have spelled it wrong)

Bonk was signed to a new extension before he even played a game for Montreal. Not quite the same scenario.

Anaheim Ducks's defenceman Scott Niedermayer Is about to announce he is retiring from the NHL. Details to follow.

Could this mean no more cap space for Shanny?

Half of Jagr salary is still paid by Washington.

Shanny was a 1 year deal?

I don't get it how are the rangers going to pull this off money wise unless the rest of the team will be 100 000 dollar farmers. Is Gainey sitting laughing somewhere? We are going to get our ass's kicked next year. Or be the cheap blooming flower that wins the cup with our farm team. Please Price be the real deal sooooooooooon!!!!

What the f&*k is Souray waiting for?

Wow, both Drury and Gomez to the Rangers...unbelievable

Where do the rags get all their money from? Guess Marcel Hossa will be their 1st line winger this season.

Drury will probably slide over to the wing on Gomez's line. Or he might play second line centre. But he's always been more of a goal scorer than a setup guy. He could easily play wing

Wow, both Drury and Gomez to the Rangers...unbelievable

Drury will probably slide over to the wing on Gomez's line. Or he might play second line centre. But he's always been more of a goal scorer than a setup guy. He could easily play wing

The problem with that is he is one of the best face off men in the league it would be stupid to play him on the wing.

7:47pm et

The New York Rangers have signed forward Chris Drury to a five-year deal worth $35.25 million.

7:34pm et

The New York Rangers have signed forward Scott Gomez to a seven-year deal worth $51.5 million.

*** thats a ton of money. Hopefully they wont have any money left for Lundquist when he hit UFA status....

7:47pm et

The New York Rangers have signed forward Chris Drury to a five-year deal worth $35.25 million.

7:34pm et

The New York Rangers have signed forward Scott Gomez to a seven-year deal worth $51.5 million.

*** thats a ton of money. Hopefully they wont have any money left for Lundquist when he hit UFA status....

I really hope we dont have to look at Lundqvist when he is a UFA, at that time I hope Price have won a Vezina and a Calder trophy :D

I really hope we dont have to look at Lundqvist when he is a UFA, at that time I hope Price have won a Vezina and a Calder trophy :D

Lundquist will go play with the Stars and his brother.

DAMN IT TO HELL

Hannan to the Avs 4 years 4.5 mil each year.

Now the Dmen have started moving again and still nothing to us. I am really scared of how weak our D is, its looking the worst it ever has during all the years Ive followed this team. Is Brisebois under contract? :D

Holy crap - does the East look ridiculously loaded now or what. The Big Apple and Philly have improved their rosters big time.

Where does this leave Montreal?

Better hope Gainey signs Souray :P

Otherwise...Danny Markov is an option, but he's basically a #3 or #4 guy, not a top line defenseman. Same for Preissing and Sutton.

On forward, I suppose he could take a run at Shanahan again - although Shanny claimed he was only going to go back to NYR and in theory they have room to give him a similar contract. Smyth's still out there, but will break the bank. Kariya's out there. Nylander is certainly out there and will not be back in NYR. Petr Sykora (who Gainey passed over for Samsonov) is out there, but he's pretty inconsistent. Lang is a last ditch option at best...

media will destroy Gainey................Disgusting how Habs will be left out in the cold...

that pretty much sums up the Habs "success" on the UFA market.

:clap:

OMG A NO-MOVEMENT CLAUSE? SHIT THAT'S CRAZY. HOLMGREN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!

Think about it. In the 8th year of this contract, Briere will be 36 years old and making something like 3 million dollars (with a cap hit of 6.5). By that time, 6.5 will not be so much money. Just like how Kovalev's contract is now perfectly affordable, each year contracts will get crazier and crazier. In the later half of this contract, it'll start looking good. The no movement clause is tricky because it means they can't even buy him out, but I guess that is what it took to get Briere to choose their offer over others. Anyways, I don't think it's too bad. It'll definitely make Philly a better team. Their trade was alright as well.

Philly's trade was a bit surprising since Pitkanen was their #2 D but they got a good returm. Lupul and Smith will be good for that team.

Just catching all the news now. Wow, the Rangers stacked up! And the Leafs got Blake at a decent rate though for too many years for a guy his age. :puke:

B)-->

QUOTE(David B @ Jul 1 2007, 09:47 PM) 226621[/snapback]
that pretty much sums up the Habs "success" on the UFA market.

:clap:

True, and so sad for those like me who trust the whole organisation.

I too trust the organization but have found a lot of humour from all of those fans who have been making up their new dreamt up lines including the Briere's, Gomez's, Drury's & Hannan's knowing full well the whole time that they were not going to be joining the Habs. :lol:

B)-->

QUOTE(David B @ Jul 1 2007, 10:15 PM) 226630[/snapback]
I too trust the organization but have found a lot of humour from all of those fans who have been making up their new dreamt up lines including the Briere's, Gomez's, Drury's & Hannan's knowing full well the whole time that they were not going to be joining the Habs. :lol:

Amen.

I've been saying Smyth (still an option!) and Schneider (Oh well, better luck next year) for quite some time now since I figured Briere, Gomez and Drury were never options from the beginning.