Any Interest in a Riddle Thread?

Fanpuck33

2002727331370584172_fs.jpg

You are allowed to draw a single, straight line to make it a true statement. It can be vertical, horizontal, diagonal, whatever. I'll start out by saying that the correct answer is not simply drawing a line through the problem. I'll also say that the answer I'm looking for is not turning the equal sign into a not-equal sign. That's correct, of course, but no fun. :lol:

I made it a .jpg file so you can download, draw your line, and post an answer.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quite easy ;)

easy2002727331370584172sl2.jpg

You are allowed to draw a single, straight line to make it a true statement. It can be vertical, horizontal, diagonal, whatever. I'll start out by saying that the correct answer is not simply drawing a line through the problem. I'll also say that the answer I'm looking for is not turning the equal sign into a not-equal sign. That's correct, of course, but no fun. :lol:

I made it a .jpg file so you can download, draw your line, and post an answer.

d'oh !!

stilleasy20027273313705ng0.jpg

;)

Alright, I'll propose another challenge. Can you explain this?

A bus driver was heading down a street in Connecticut. He went right past a stop sign without stopping, he turned left where there was a "no left turn" sign, and he went the wrong way on a one-way street. Then he went on the left side of the road past a cop car. Still - he didn't break any traffic laws. Why not?

What's so special about the word race car?

1. It's two words

2. It's what I want for my birthday

3. It's a palindrome

A bus driver was heading down a street in Connecticut. He went right past a stop sign without stopping, he turned left where there was a "no left turn" sign, and he went the wrong way on a one-way street. Then he went on the left side of the road past a cop car. Still - he didn't break any traffic laws. Why not?

Either he was a Montréal bus driver or else he was walking.

There are two doors, one leads to heaven the other to hell. In front of each door is a guard. One guard always tells the truth and the other always lies, you don't know who is who. Can you ask one question to one guard to determine which is the door to heaven?

There are two doors, one leads to heaven the other to hell. In front of each door is a guard. One guard always tells the truth and the other always lies, you don't know who is who. Can you ask one question to one guard to determine which is the door to heaven?

You could ask, "which door do you want me to chose?". The G at the door of hell will point to heaven, and the g at the door of heaven will point to heaven.

Then you can make your decision if you want to go to heaven or hell.

Ask either "which door will the other guard say leads to heaven?" Then take the opposite door.

You could ask, "which door do you want me to chose?". The G at the door of hell will point to heaven, and the g at the door of heaven will point to heaven.

Then you can make your decision if you want to go to heaven or hell.

But what if the guard at the door of hell was sent by heaven to make sure the wrong people don't go to hell? ;)

Man, the more I think about it, most of the riddles I know involve homonyms or are built around the verbal delivery.

Ask either "which door will the other guard say leads to heaven?" Then take the opposite door.

Trizz is correct!

Bacchus your answer assumes you already know what door is which, or who is the liar, anyway it doesn't work :P

An electrician is called in to wire an extension on a house, which consists of three rooms. After all three rooms are wired and the light fixtures are installed, his apprentice is called away to another job, so the electrician has to finish the job of connecting the new rooms to the electrical panel in the basement by himself. But he doesn't want to make a trip upstairs and then back down to the basement for every room. So how can he connect each room to the electrical panel, and identify which room is on which circuit breaker, and only go upstairs and back down once?

Edited by RobRock

the bus driver was walking !!

the bus driver was walking !!

oops some body already had the answer.

An electrician is called in to wire an extension on a house, which consists of three rooms. After all three rooms are wired and the light fixtures are installed, his apprentice is called away to another job, so the electrician has to finish the job of connecting the new rooms to the electrical panel in the basement by himself. But he doesn't want to make a trip upstairs and then back down to the basement for every room. So how can he connect each room to the electrical panel, and identify which room is on which circuit breaker, and only go upstairs and back down once?

Turn on two breakers, let the first stay on for 10 minutes, turn the 2nd one off at 5 minutes and leave the last one off altogether... the turn the one thats still on, off and go upstairs.. the hottest bulb is the first breaker, the warm one is the 2nd and the cold one is the 3rd.

:hlogo:

Turn on two breakers, let the first stay on for 10 minutes, turn the 2nd one off at 5 minutes and leave the last one off altogether... the turn the one thats still on, off and go upstairs.. the hottest bulb is the first breaker, the warm one is the 2nd and the cold one is the 3rd.

:hlogo:

easier : turn on 2 brakers for 10 min. then turn down one of them and go upstairs. You have : 1 light on, 1 light off but hot and 1 light off and cold.

Edited by JoeLassister

Couldn't he just have used different colored wires in the first place? :lol:

Here's one I like:

A man's uncle dies and he inherits the uncle's house. But is wasn't any regular house, it was a haunted house. In order to get the deed, the man had to spend an entire night in the house without leaving. So one knight, the man, his best friend, and his girlfriend decide to sleep in the house. In the morning, four people leave. Who was the fourth person?

Doesn't work online, but works very well verbally with "night" and "knight" being homonyms.

Here's one I like:

A man's uncle dies and he inherits the uncle's house. But is wasn't any regular house, it was a haunted house. In order to get the deed, the man had to spend an entire night in the house without leaving. So one knight, the man, his best friend, and his girlfriend decide to sleep in the house. In the morning, four people leave. Who was the fourth person?

Doesn't work online, but works very well verbally with "night" and "knight" being homonyms.

Ahahaha, when I first saw knight I thought you made a typo. :P

Well, the wife could've given birth overnight. Or any random guy could have come out with him. Unlimited possible answers.

Well, the wife could've given birth overnight. Or any random guy could have come out with him. Unlimited possible answers.

:rolleyes: If the girlfriend were pregnant, I would have said so. The other two people can be whoever you want, I made them up on the spot.

Some random guy, what kind of an answer is that?

:rolleyes: If the girlfriend were pregnant, I would have said so. The other two people can be whoever you want, I made them up on the spot.

Some random guy, what kind of an answer is that?

Maybe her physiology/biology is wacked and her gestation period is only like 8 hours? =P

A man stays in a cabin with four windows, all of which face south. He looks out a window and watches a bear walk by. What colour is the bear?

Here's one I like:

The executor of the will, to ensure that man stayed there the entire (k)night. :lol:

The girl and the guy had sex around kryptonite which then got into her blood stream and made her pregnant and sped up the 9 months process in 9 minutes and had a baby which then quickly morphed into a 5 year old which then by the begining of the next day was already a teenager. Strange enough this was a filler episode on Smallville a few years ago. The producer called it the worst episode ever. bwahaha