Summer of 2007 Player Signings

beliveau1

Rather than a host of individual postings I figured I'd just start a group topic for discussion and news on all signings made prior to July 1st of 2007 - for team signings.

Canucks Sign Pyatt to 2 Year Deal

p.s. if the mods prefer I have no problem if you close it - I just thought this would save us a ton of topics by making it simple and together?

Edited by beliveau1

Rather than a host of individual postings I figured I'd just start a group topic for discussion and news on all signings made prior to July 1st of 2007 - for team signings.

Canucks Sign Pyatt to 2 Year Deal

p.s. if the mods prefer I have no problem if you close it - I just thought this would save us a ton of topics by making it simple and together?

Sounds good to me. I have also been editing the complete UFA-only list.

http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?showtopic=12009

I agree with lesser signing but I think a briere signing or a souray signing deserve thier own thread.

otherwize it gets too crowded and we could miss great conversations

I agree with lesser signing but I think a briere signing or a souray signing deserve thier own thread.

otherwize it gets too crowded and we could miss great conversations

I have no problem with the individual discussion thread - after all if you read my original post again, it does say that it's for news of signings made prior to July 1st.

I thought this might be a good thread to just post signings and movement in general. If one is away and misses the news on this stuff, then we can keep up by checking out random news here? Like they say though - as you wish.....

Edited by beliveau1

in that case I agree with this thread !!!

pyatt for 3M may not be the best move ever but Nucks are tied so I guess fans there are ok with it. he does bring size.

pyatt for 3M may not be the best move ever but Nucks are tied so I guess fans there are ok with it. he does bring size.

Yeah - it's not for the UFA signings or major discussions that result from those - they definitely need a spot to discuss the merits (or the lack thereof) on an individual basis! This is for the routine to mundane news that goes on involving in house business, etc.

So here are a few that some out there may have missed - some are old news but they are here for those who missed it or will at some point possibly have forgotten about?

I know, but it's summer and they aren't playing hockey as far as I'm concerned :hlogo: so I'm really bored(no life? :lol::rolleyes::unsure:)

Black Hawks Sign Magnus Johannson & a Few Others

Sabres Ink 2005 Second Rounder Phillip Gogulla

Flames Renew Nilson & Lombardi

Hurricanes Ink Glen Wesley to $1.4 Million One Year Deal

Ray Whitney Signs a 3 Year $10.65 Million Deal in Carolina

Cam Ward - 3 Years Works out to $8 Million in NasCar County

Islanders Sign 2005 2nd Roun Pick Dustin Kohn to 3 yr Entry Level Contract

Coyotes Give 6'5" 2005 1st Round Choice Martin Hanzal a 3 yr Entry Level Deal

Detroit News - Eric Himelfarb, the former Habs 2001 pick who was signed as a free agent by the Detroit Red Wings in 2004, has left the organization to sign a deal with HC Lausanne of the Swiss National League.

Edited by beliveau1

Actually, many of us love the signing. Pyatt is a big body who is really good at controlling the puck. He dominated at times but wasn't all that consistent. He could play with the Sedins or play well on another line. The Pyatt-Smoklinski-Linden line was a pretty good line for us in the playoffs and came up with some of our biggest goals.

Pyatt is young and is only going to improve and he showed a lot of promise once the team started dominating from Christmas onwards. If he continues to improve and play like he did at the end of last year, he could be a 30 goal guy for us. He brings a lot of intangibles to our team.;)

They're pretty pressed up against the wall, unless the huge cap raise is true. I still don't think the Canucks will be that active on the UFA front though.

They most likely won't. Nonis has basically stated to expect changes through trades. He just said that we could expect a trade or two before the draft even that could change the look of our team. I was a little surprised with that statement as that could mean a major move. At the year end press conference, he and Vigneault were basically saying their top piority is to get offense and it should be interesting to see who they'll get to help us up front.

Signings Updated as of June 7th..... sort of an everbody's FYI :)

Stars Renew Stu Barnes For a Year @ $900,000

Leafs Stick with Nik - Antropov Signs 2 yr Deal for $4.1 million

Leafs Sign Kronwall to 2 yr One Way Deal

Florida signed 2005 1st round choice (#20 overall) Kendall McArdal to an entry level contract

Antropov is making $2M a season? :wacko:

I hope I'm wrong on this and I hate to say it but the Sundin-Antropov-Ponikarovsky line is probably the biggest in the NHL. 2 million and small change a year for Antropov is good money. Tip of the hat to John Ferguson Jr. as much as it pains me.

Antropov is making $2M a season? :wacko:

Gotta hand it to JFJ. Consistantly one of the worst GM's in the league. In fact, since both Mike Milbury and Mike O'Connell no longer have jobs, I think JFJ can fit the bill for that role now.

well he pulled another one. 5.5 for sundin next year.

also the ducks signed moen and parros.

Meh, if the Leafs don't make the playoffs this would be a golden chance to dump him at the deadline.

The Sundin signing definitely makes more sense than the Antropov one.

Meh, if the Leafs don't make the playoffs this would be a golden chance to dump him at the deadline.

The Sundin signing definitely makes more sense than the Antropov one.

thers a no trade clause but it only really means that sundin will choose the city where he's traded to come trade deadline

True but Mats ain't getting younger and I'm sure he'd love to play with a cup winner.

Seeing the Ducks win the cup must have made him think a tad seeing how the Ducks had massive interest in him at the deadline and the Leafs didn't want to deal him. I don't think he'll make the same mistake twice (but JFJ might...).