Bruins vs. Canadiens | Game Thread | Game 4

simonus

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bull shit. Refs suck. How many PPs should we have had?

With Quintal out, our Ds were sucking wind, fatigue set in, and gave up the puck.

This is not good at all.

Games scores in order:

1-0, 2-1, 3-2, 4-3...

Next game is must win (duh)

FIRST THEY ###### UP A TWO GOAL LEAD, THEN THEY ###### UP COUNTLESS CHANCES TO WIN THE GAME, NOW THIS!!!!

I CAN THINK OF AT LEAST THREE PLAYERS WHO, IF WE LOSE, ARE GONE!!!

SHAMEFUL, ######ING SHAMEFUL!!!!!

[Edited on 4/14/2004 by ViolentR]

Was a good effort overall, but the Habs had no reason to lose this one after being up 3-1. Then, to make it better, let's give up the tying goal with 30 seconds left.

Good effort or not, the Habs lost, and are now down 3-1. I don't see them winning 3 straight to get back into it.

And slashed on the wrist or not, Kovalev HAS to realize he is right at his own blue line when that happened. And to be honest, regardless of the little collision, Souray wasn't going to catch Murray who was flying down there. And once again, Theo gives up a weak one (slegr) that let the Bs back into it to start with.

[Edited on 2004/4/14 by huzer]

Well like i said about 100x this team needs to improve it's defense. Rivet should go and i really wish we would've gotten Witt. There are a few fowards we need improvements over but i'm not gonna go blaming any tonight. I still think next year Gainey goes out to make this team a bit Bigger up front especially at 3rd line Center some big guy that is good at faceoffs.

I say resign Kovalev but send him to hollywood first for acting lessons becuase that was pathetic.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Sure Kovalev may have embellished, but he got slashed in the wrist.

Like I said, at your own blue line isn't the place to check out your injury, especially during game 4, 2nd OT, and you're down 2-1 in the series. For all the things he did right tonight, he screws up and it costs the Habs, more than likely, the series. I just can't believe the Habs found a way to lose again. A coupla bounces the other way, and the series is 3-1 for the Habs. Instead, we're making advance tee times.

I don't go blaming habs players for diving but the one by Kovalev that one was bad. When you look at it at full speed he barely gets hit and if he did it made contact with his Glove. he was just trying to draw a call there anyways he's a pussy and htats already known aroudn the league so maybe he was already hurt. But whatever we lost and he atleast gave us something to cheer about for a good amount of time. If montreal goes on to win it's great if not it's going to be another offseason of saying god damnit we should've won that series and went on to the cup finals. We choke so much towards the end of the game and thats something we gotta stop from here on into the future. Best way to do that is to build up the defense. I think Rivet, Brisebois, Quintal can all be gone by next season not saying they all suck but contract situations on some of those players and the fact that Rivet isn't that good i expect them to be upgraded.

I really thing Witt could've taken us to the next level with our defense but oh well missed opportunity.

Habs = Choke artists. How many leads have we blown this year or games we were even up more then 2 goals by? Throw in 2 years ago our terrible blow job to Carolina the year i think we should've been in the cup finals. This year 2 of the last 3 games we choke and 1 game we almost choked. Getting tired of always sitting back and it not working.

Any solutions to solve our continous choking?

Witt is not the answer, he takes stupid penalties, and is a locker room cancer (which is why no team would take him off the Caps hands - he doesn't fit in, he expects people to fit in around him).

Refs were brutal again this game, but Rivet played very well. I defy anyone to call him a pylon again - he was our best defenseman all night long.

This is the series of "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda", and it will make for a very veeeeeeeery long Summer.

However, I want Kovalev back next season - he could do well on a line with Koivu.

I too think that Rivet had a fairly strong game except for that goal where we blew the game. But he doesn't play strong nearly half the games of the season. The talent might be there but the physical play isn't and i've never seen someone so indecisive. During the season I never saw someone hesitate so much on whether to take the body or take the puck, shoot or pass, get back or pinch. He honestly looks clueless more then half the games the few he looks like he could be a stud.

BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT!

How many misses is that for the Refs?!

Koivu is high-sticked during OT, and another is thrown down. No call. Even the broadcasters were shocked, and they are suppose to be unbiased.

In the end, Kovalev gets smacked with a stick - no call. BULLSHIT.

And nobody blame Kovalev. It was not a fake, anyone who thinks so is a moron.

Why the hell would Kovalev take his hand off his stick in his own zone to check on a cut, then run into another player?

He was obviously hurt.

The NHL told the Refs not to decide the game - but they did here.

We need some better officiating in this league quick. The NFL is a prime example of strict and correct officiating. The best in sports.

Originally posted by Habinator33

Well like i said about 100x this team needs to improve it's defense.  Rivet should go and i really wish we would've gotten Witt.  

D does need to be addressed. Rivet was weak tonight, and Quintal has lost a couple of steps to be effective anymore. And I really, really wish Theo would stop being stellar (first fwe minutes of the 1st when Boston was pressing) then gives up an unscreened shot from a few feet inside the blue line. He also needs to be chained to the net so he can't roam anymore. Someone needs to tell him he's not a puckhandler.

And why Julien didn't use Perreault at all in OT, when he only had about 8 total minutes is beyond me. At least Sullivan threw Hilbert's fresh legs and energy out there a coupla times.

How can you blame Kovalev on this one, yes he got slashed and probalby ttried to embilish it and let the puck go......But Souray had the ######ing puck and the dummy decides to run into Kovalev and lose it....

But we shouldnt blame anyone for any mistakes that were made in this overtime because the game should have been won in regulation....Its plain and simple, this game wasnt meant to be won by the habs.

Anyway I dont think theres much of a chance that we can win this series...Although if by some chance the boys can sneak a win in the next game and bring it back to Montreal theres a very good possiblity the series will go to game seven, then anything could happen...

My Prediciton 4-1 Boston in the next game to win the series in 5.......###### I HATE THIS!!!!!!

Oh well I hope im proven wrong

:ghg:

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse

Witt is not the answer, he takes stupid penalties, and is a locker room cancer (which is why no team would take him off the Caps hands - he doesn't fit in, he expects people to fit in around him).

Refs were brutal again this game, but Rivet played very well.  I defy anyone to call him a pylon again - he was our best defenseman all night long.

Argh, I hate "locker room cancer" arguments from people that aren't in the locker room. Anyway, I personally didn't think Rivet was too great. He screwed up at the end of the third, and at the end of the first OT, when there's only a few seconds left and traffic in front, he sends a hard pass a few feet to the right of the net instead of firing it. I realise the Habs were down to 5 D and they were getting tired, but I don't agree that Rivet was great.

Originally posted by Habinator33

I think Rivet, Brisebois, Quintal can all be gone by next season not saying they all suck but contract situations on some of those players and the fact that Rivet isn't that good i expect them to be upgraded.

I really thing Witt could've taken us to the next level with our defense but oh well missed opportunity.

Maybe one of the three will be gone, but all three are leaders on this team. Brisebois and Rivet are overpaid, and Quintal is aging, but all bring something to this team. Brisebois did well this season under Gainey's support. Rivet has had his troubles, but has played very well at times. Quintal plays hard every game. I LOVE Boullion's effort, but I just don't see him back in the fold next season. Komi will be in the top 6. I want to see Markov, Souray, Brisebois, and Komi in for sure. Hopefully bring in another solid D-man or two. Hopefully Hainsey will be ready. I would like to see Quintal stay on as the 7th D-man. I like Rivet, but he is overpaid. Brisebois is too, but I think he is a better player. Hopefully we can bring in a physical D-man with better skills to replace Rivet.

All of this may be meaningless, what are these guy's contract status?

Originally posted by Ribeiro

In the end, Kovalev gets smacked with a stick - no call.  BULLSHIT.

And nobody blame Kovalev.  It was not a fake, anyone who thinks so is a moron.

Why the hell would Kovalev take his hand off his stick in his own zone to check on a cut, then run into another player?

He was obviously hurt.

The slash on Kovalev may have been a penalty in regulation time, but everyone knows that nothing is called in OT unless it takes away a scoring chance. Kovalev (a hand injury or not) is a veteran and he knows this. He should have made an effort to neutralize the puck (fall on it or kick it out of harm's way).

This OT loss didn't jeopardize the series for us. The fact is, we are down in this series because Raycroft has outplayed Theo. Theo has let in at least one bad goal a game. That is the difference.

I think Quintal is definitly gone due to being a free agent. YOu have to have atleast 1 veteran on the blueline so I can see Brisebois coming back. I actually wouldn't mind having Bouillon coming back as a no 7 defensemen because we do have some defensemen that tend to get injured.

Markov, Brisebois, Komisarek, Souray, Free Agent is what i'm expecting to see coming back. Although i don't know how they will move Rivet since he's part of Koivus group there. But the defense has to improve so someone has to go. Komisarek hopefully can get more minutes next year and develop even better. I'm hoping Komisarek gets in next game and shows us he can play physical. And I really hope we can atleast win game 5 so he can get 2 games minimun experience of NHL Playoffs.

I hate "cancer lcokerroom arguments" too, but I lived in DC for 4 years, I know what I'm talking about.

Ah well, nothing we can do now. Better stick together as Habs fans than turn against ourselves arguing small points

No. We didn't lose because of Theodore. There is one thing that has been keeping the Habs from winning:

The Powerplay.

You have to admit, if the Habs had a decent PP, they would have won this game. They had a chance in the 3rd to finish it and in OT. One chance was a five on 3.

There Powerplay is simply awful. It's almost a torture watching them lose control of the puck and have it cleared by the Bruins.

The Bruins would be dead if the Habs could utilize their Powerplay.

I'm hoping for a Mighty Ducks/Hurricanes/Wild miracle performance.

How sad is that? :nono: