Can Samsonov Rebound in 07/08?

l<OV4L3V

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope the habs give this guy another year to prove himself on the second line.....He is not compatible with Kovalev..but with higgins and Plekanec...I have high hopes!

That is Kostitsyns spot and I do not think Samsonov deserves it.

You got it right with negative attitude as long as you realize that there is a difference between having a negative attitude and having an attitude problem. Samsonov isn't a bad guy, I bet even some of the classiest players would say something if they were treated the same way he was.

and do you know something about how he was treated that we don't? I am getting a little tired of all the people who THINK they know something about what is happening in the dressing room practices etc. If you do let us know but I believe this is just another bunch of rehashed rumour and innuendo. Carbo wants to win as does Bob Sammy on the other hand is here for the money. And if he wants to be paid he should do the job he was hired for. Believe me for 3.5 mill a year I can put up with a lot of crap. Sammy started whining almost immediately . I want to be the go to guy. he had I think 4 goals in 15 games.

by the way if he could turn it around grow up and be a man I would be one of his biggest supporters, I want to win.

Samsonov was clearly and obviously jerked around. He was left on a useless line for months, then benched, put back, and then benched again despite working hard and playing well.

Of course he didn't respond to it well, either...but I still think Carbo really mismanaged this proven NHL performer.

1. Buy out Samsonov. The bridge has burned beyond repair.

2. Buy out Kovalev. If the Islanders can burn $ 17 + mil for Yashin, why can't we blow 6 mil?

3. With the saved cap space, re-sign Souray and find someone who can teach him how to be a defenceman.

4. Patiently nurture kids like Lapierre, Grabovsky, White, Price, Kostitsyn.

5. Stop drafting Euro's in the early rounds. Streit was a 9th rounder. Great bargain.

Forget about a parade in 2008 . If the brain trust play the cards right, we might just be punching up in a couple of years.

BTW,

Yesterday, I thought it would a good idea to sign Yashin cheap.

In hindsight, I realized that signing a "problem" to repair 2 "problems" might not be the way to go. ( My bad )

I think it's better to zamboni the rink before skating.

Peace.

3. With the saved cap space, re-sign Souray and find someone who can teach him how to be a defenceman.

this team definitely needs a defence coach. Maybe we could talk larry into coming out retirement and helping us out. I love the coaching team but we have no one to teach the defence, or at least anyone they will listen to

this team definitely needs a defence coach. Maybe we could talk larry into coming out retirement and helping us out. I love the coaching team but we have no one to teach the defence, or at least anyone they will listen to

agreed, but that said, I don't think anyone can teach Souray how to play D... He's been in the league too long. If he hasn't improved his D side yet, he won't. But we need a D coach for the other guys, and definitely for the Prospects on D we have coming up.

Samsonov was clearly and obviously jerked around. He was left on a useless line for months, then benched, put back, and then benched again despite working hard and playing well.

Of course he didn't respond to it well, either...but I still think Carbo really mismanaged this proven NHL performer.

Carbo was a huge part of the problem and not only with Samsonov. The way he used and misused the talent makes me sick, he gets one more season then it's his turn to hit the road.

As much as I was dissapointed in Samsonov this past year (more by his attitude/comments than play, everyone can have a bad season) i would still hold onto him. We have a couple of missing pieces, and while Samsonov will not be as interesting to other teams as he would've been a year and a half ago, I can see him as being part of a package in a potential trade just to make the salary cap numbers work (assuming we get back a proven NHLer pulling NHL money back). Not sure who else would be packaged in the trade on our end nor whom we'd get back, but I can see this scenario happening....

Obviously all this is incumbent on him getting a spot (which may be hard) and improving on his pitiful numbers from last year (which should not be hard). But he does have a track record of being a solid, creative player when he cares, and if he's around for the training camp he may just hold down a spot. Carbo is also a year wiser on the job and should have had enough consultations with Gainey in the offseason to be able to manage his Russian malcontent(s) a little more consistently this year.

Getting bought out is still the much likelier scenario, but you never know......

Good 1st post, Welcome to HW!

Samsonov surely has a part of the blame for his bad year, but probably the management took him for granted and didn't take care enough of him. He's still young and had to play and adapt to 3 different teams in 2006. As a professional, I'm 100% sure he'll rebound this year. It's not important to know on which line. Samsonov is one of the most skilled player in the league and if the coach help him bring him in the system, he'll be a very valuable asset. He is built for the Habs.. speed, skill, shot, intensity. He just needs to find his place.

If we bring Briere, I'd see Sammy with him. Briere had success with Afinogenov. And Afinogenov is a copy of Samsonov..

Good 1st post, Welcome to HW!

Samsonov surely has a part of the blame for his bad year, but probably the management took him for granted and didn't take care enough of him. He's still young and had to play and adapt to 3 different teams in 2006. As a professional, I'm 100% sure he'll rebound this year. It's not important to know on which line. Samsonov is one of the most skilled player in the league and if the coach help him bring him in the system, he'll be a very valuable asset. He is built for the Habs.. speed, skill, shot, intensity. He just needs to find his place.

If we bring Briere, I'd see Sammy with him. Briere had success with Afinogenov. And Afinogenov is a copy of Samsonov..

now he can go tp chicago and be jerked around by them. Had he even come close to his potential as a hockey player instead of a whiner he would still be here. good ridance and good bye

If Havlat and Ruutu can stay healthy, that could be one lethal line. Actually, hasn't Sammy had injury problems in the past as well?

yes

wrist injuries and brain cramps !!!

If Havlat and Ruutu can stay healthy, that could be one lethal line. Actually, hasn't Sammy had injury problems in the past as well?

The Hawks will be playoff bound next year. They remind me of the 05/06 Penguins. Toews will be their impact player.

Is the Bulin wall still there? And I think they have a young talented core of Dmen. And yeah, like bigbird said, there's Toews!

anyways, who cares about the Hawks? they are in the West :P

Is the Bulin wall still there? And I think they have a young talented core of Dmen. And yeah, like bigbird said, there's Toews!

anyways, who cares about the Hawks? they are in the West :P

I know they are not Habs, but this is the franchise that in the past had good hockey history. It would be good to see them competitive once again.

I know they are not Habs, but this is the franchise that in the past had good hockey history. It would be good to see them competitive once again.

I always wish they win the Cup if the Habs do not becuase if they win the Leafs become the longest team without a cup!