Zednik is a piece of crap!

ricucity

Zednik is a piece of crap. He has had so many opportunities in the postseason right near the net, and has missed on all of them. He really doesn't have any other way to score besides that, so in essence, he is useless. People think that he still has some use, but he really doesn't. He is not amazingly speedy, he doesn't play a physical game, and doesn't have that great of a shot. If he got physically stronger, maybe he could be effective in the NHL, but he is too often pushed away from any rebounds and is forced to take off-balance shots or pass up on shots. He should be dealt for a REAL power forward instead of this imitation of one.

Smyth is a warrior. I met Smyth outside a Oilers practice when they were playing the Leafs early in his career. He is a really nice guy. He is a great player and a true Canadian who always plays for us internationally.

I would go after SMyth in the offseason if I were Babs.

With the CBA, who knows what will happen?

I say we go after Cheli too. Cheap, we drafted him, can be valuable as a 5th D-man. He is a guy you love to see on the ice.

But Smyth is great near the net, only Holmstrom and Bertuzzi are better there. But the thing that Smyth has more than those guys is speed. He can get back on D and he plays it well. He learned that in the VERY fast paced Edmonton offense.

Originally posted by ricucity

Zednik is a piece of crap. He has had so many opportunities in the postseason right near the net, and has missed on all of them. He really doesn't have any other way to score besides that, so in essence, he is useless. People think that he still has some use, but he really doesn't. He is not amazingly speedy, he doesn't play a physical game, and doesn't have that great of a shot. If he got physically stronger, maybe he could be effective in the NHL, but he is too often pushed away from any rebounds and is forced to take off-balance shots or pass up on shots. He should be dealt for a REAL power forward instead of this imitation of one.

:nono:

That is one of the most laughable statements I've read in a long time.

Zeddy works his ass off to get into position to score. How many times have you seen him squeeze by the defenceman against the boards? He does it better than anyone.

He has been taking the body all series long. No, he is not huge (200 lbs) but he is using what he has.

The guy has been right there too many times to count this series. So has Ryder.......

zeddy will score.

:/)

The point is, he has had SO many chances. It is inexcusable that he has missed so many. The only reason he is being cut any slack is because this team lacks a true power forward. If Ryan Smyth or Todd Bertuzzi or even Tomas Holmstrom ever missed the shots Zednik is missing, they would be criticized to no end! I think it is great that he is working his ass off, but it is not PAYING off. He is not strong enough, and can't get to the puck. For someone on line one and that highly touted, he is awful. He is an underachiever right now to say the least.

Gotta wonder how things would look now if O'Neill-Koivu-Kovy was our first line

Well if you ignore the fact that O'neill had season ending surgery, it would still not look any different. Theodore would still be playing much worse than he can, and that's the main thing. O'neill would not thave made any difference for this team, we simply haven't capitalized on our opportunities as a team and Theodore has let us down with soft goals (while looking great at times). Aquiring a guy who scored 14 goals on over 200 shots would not make the difference in this series.

I hate to even say that Zednik is a piece of crap because he had a pretty decent year, but he just can't cut it. It is disappointing, but maybe it is just Boston. He only had one assist vs. the Bruins all year, as his only point. He has been so close lately, I just have to question his talent against the tougher D-men like Hal Gill and Dan McGillis who can really outmuscle him.

Ryder is not in the same boat, as mentioned he's only a rookie gaining experience, he'll now know what not to do next tima around...Also He's may not be the fastest, be has play making ability, strength with the puck, An Elite NHL shot, and he's a very physical hockey player!..

:ghg::ghg:

I've never see a piece of crap move that fast!

Again, people are expecting too much! We want the Theo from 2002! We want the King Richard of 2002!

Zednik is really dangerous each game and makes all what it takes to score and create opportunities. And with kovalev, it's REALLY harder for him. Watch him.. what can he do?? Kovalev keep shooting with Rich open the other side. Kovalev has to score goals. Dunno why thought, because i'm sure Gainey and Julien would be happy if he gets assists. I guess Kovy didn't catch it yet.

We can't talk bad againts a guy who gives his 100%. Never. Even Juneau, when he gives his 100%, I can't say anything (and everyone knows i'm sick of him). Zednik is outplaying Murray in this serie. The only difference is that Murray managed to scored on that breakaway.

Go Zed on game 5!:/)

Its true!! Zednik has been making things happen, but his luck just isn't going right now. It will eventually break and he will score... unfortunately we just don't know when!!! Zednik is a great player and when he goes streaming in from the blueline with his low stance and flashing speed and agility, you just know Raycroft notices and to know the thoughts going through his mind would be priceless. And I am sure that it would shock all Zed haters!!

IMO when Zed gets his game going like a freight train, he becomes twice the man of Kovy... mostly because he passes!!!! lol

But seriously, Zeds is very streaky and inconsistant, but he is still pretty young and when he finds himself, just sit back and enjoy the ride!!!!

:hlogo:

:hlogo: