HabsWorld Draft 2007 Thread

CHice

I hate those Remparts fans who want Gainey's head on RDS.ca talkbacks. ###### THOSE PUNK ASS!!!

GO HABS GO very nice picks

we have a right to be mad here, espo was teary eyed when we didnt take him you tell me he wouldnt have been a star here? guess we didnt learn from the 98 draft

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder what 'diamond' the wings will pick this time... but then again, this isn't the 5th & 6th round...

brendan smith... another guy who isn't even on the top 100 of the hockey news's list...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Brendan Smith was a great pick.

Why doesn't anybody realize that you won't see this guy in Montreal for like 3 or years. Half the players you guys are mentioning will probably not even be in Montreal in 4 years time.
I take it you don't think that Latendresse and Chipchura will be in Montreal in 4 years?

Everyone who is in a frothing rage over Habs picks should take a Valium and go back and read the thread from the year Price was drafted.

The draft is a crapshoot, Espo could work out, he could bomb, the Habs brain-trust, which has an excellent record, made a decision based on more thought and information and experience than any of us here possess. So while that's hardly a guarantee, chill out.

and the last pick of the 1st round is Nick Ross..

the 1st round of this draft was all full of surprises, non-surprises, little thrills and medium-range disappointments for me...

my 1sr round hopes didn't pan out - NONE OF THEM...

i'm pleased with mcdonagh... petrecki - i don't know... but the canadiens brass know more about this stuff than i do...

crud, look at last year's picks... some really great possibilities in fischer, maxwell, white, carle & valentenkov...

Edited by shortcat1

Everyone who is in a frothing rage over Habs picks should take a Valium and go back and read the thread from the year Price was drafted.

The draft is a crapshoot, Espo could work out, he could bomb, the Habs brain-trust, which has an excellent record, made a decision based on more thought and information and experience than any of us here possess. So while that's hardly a guarantee, chill out.

Chicoutimi Cucumber wins the thread.

and the last pick of the 1st round is Nick Ross..

on the one hand this draft was all full of surprises, non-surprises, little thrills and medium-range disappointments for me...

my 1sr round hopes didn't pan out - NONE OF THEM...

i'm pleased with mcdonagh... petrecki... i don't know... but the canadiens brass know more about this stuff than i do...

crud, look at last year's picks... some really great possibilities in fischer, maxwell, white, carle & valentenkov...

VALENTENKO

I'm surprised at the venom directed at Gainey and the Habs in this thread. True fans do not swear at the management on draft day. These guys for the most part are a few years away. Being an older fan on this board I just do not get the hatred and swearing.

The most important thing in your life is your good health and having fun. Don't let it get you down that your favorite player was not picked. Gainey is doing his best and has a plan. It could be worse, it could be the vaunted and most respected plan put together by JFjr and the Leafs. :rolleyes::hockey:

I was very happy they picked McDonagh but those freakin' RDS guys with the Esposito this and that jargon really gave the Habs a hard time on each of their 1st round pick interviews.

IT'S NOT HARD TO UNDERSTAND, THEY PASSED ON HIM ONCE AND DIDN'T WANT HIM AND WHEN THEY COULD HAVE EASILY TRADED DOWN THEY DIDN'T DO IT (I think it was CGY or ANA who moved their pick for a latter pick and 3rd rounder). THEY DIDN'T WANT ESPOSITO PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

On another note, Pacioretti was one choice that made me a bit iffy. No idea why.

yvon pedneault says that the canadiens 'owe it to the québécois population/fans' to draft québécois players...

that's a crock... the canadiens 'owe it' to their fans to ice the best team possible...

The Habs only owe their fans to ice the best team plain and simple.

The Habs were all smiles when they got McDonagh and next thing you know their bombarded with Esposito questions. That really ticked me off.

Well I am really happy with McDonagh. I think this is a great pick. I didn't think he would be available at #12. I wouldn't have minded getting Cherepanov.

Not so sure about Pacioretty. I would rather have taken a chance on Sweatt or Perron. Still I have faith in Timmons and Gainey so I am happy. Looking forward to tomorrow. Maybe we can still get Sweatt.

All I'm saying is that I have a feeling Esposito is going to develop into a star playing in Pittsburgh, and not selecting home or Cherepanov is going to bite us in the ass someday.

McDonagh is still a good pick, I'm just saying we should've traded up a couple spots on our second pick to get him.

The Habs only owe their fans to ice the best team plain and simple.

The Habs were all smiles when they got McDonagh and next thing you know their bombarded with Esposito questions. That really ticked me off.

Me too.

I hated the thought of Espo in MTL. He might put up 100 points with any other team but he is not mature enough to do it in MTL. He would be a head case.

just think of all the money we'll save now that we don't have to get his visors custom made to fit that enormous beak. Tim Hunter would be proud.

I was very happy they picked McDonagh but those freakin' RDS guys with the Esposito this and that jargon really gave the Habs a hard time on each of their 1st round pick interviews.

IT'S NOT HARD TO UNDERSTAND, THEY PASSED ON HIM ONCE AND DIDN'T WANT HIM AND WHEN THEY COULD HAVE EASILY TRADED DOWN THEY DIDN'T DO IT (I think it was CGY or ANA who moved their pick for a latter pick and 3rd rounder). THEY DIDN'T WANT ESPOSITO PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

On another note, Pacioretti was one choice that made me a bit iffy. No idea why.

Matt Godbout had the Habs selecting him with their 2nd selection

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1435

BTW, congrats Tony.. 3rd place in the pool ;)

we have a right to be mad here, espo was teary eyed when we didnt take him you tell me he wouldnt have been a star here? guess we didnt learn from the 98 draft

let me tell you again, he wouldnt be a star here. why do we need to be such homers?

Pretty neat i guessed 6 picks.

I don't know if you noticed Sakiqc but I wasn't so off with a couple of picks too :P

yeah well you don't understand much the pacioretty pick, but you had him right there, but one rank later!

MacGuire ssays he thinks McDonagh might be the best defenceman in the draft.

Yeah but he didn't call him a monster.. :(