HabsWorld Draft 2007 Thread

CHice

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cherepanov sliding was a bit of a surprise, I had some hope Gainey might take a flier on the kid, but I can see the reasoning behind getting McDonagh.

As for Esposito, I hope this isn't the case of Doug Wickenheiser v. Denis Savard again.

Is he that kid with the bad knee?

Sure, but he recovered in time to finish 41 pts in 41 games with Vasteras, and for a two way player to be the leading scorer at the U-18's, that's something.

It's obviously not some kind of a chronic injury, it's more of a thing that scares some teams - e.g. Kostistyn's epilepsy.

Cherepanov sliding was a bit of a surprise, I had some hope Gainey might take a flier on the kid, but I can see the reasoning behind getting McDonagh.

As for Esposito, I hope this isn't the case of Doug Wickenheiser v. Denis Savard again.

The Habs did not take an oversized western forward they chose and American defenseman.

hard to tell. looks like this crop will take longer to harvest, I think thats why they stuck with highschool players .

hard to tell. looks like this crop will take longer to harvest, I think thats why they stuck with highschool players .

Subban doesnt agree ;)

“I think my confidence is my biggest asset,” said Subban, who looked more than comfortable in front of the cameras and microphones. “Once you have confidence in your abilities, all the pieces fall into place. My goal is to crack the Canadiens lineup this year. I'm hoping to make their decision to send me back down to junior as difficult as possible. Until then, I might wear this Canadiens jersey every day for the next month!”

I agree...

so far as i understand, a team is able to keep US college players on their prospects lis for a longer time than with chl & european players where, again as far as i understand, they only have them for two years and then must sign them (note Juraj Mikus)...

in a way, it's a safer strategy for long-term oversight of the development of players...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Subban doesnt agree ;)

hahaha

this kid could become a fan favourite !!! I love his spirit !!!

A day has passed and Im still a bit dissapointed.

It feels like the Habs drafted the same player this year as they did a year ago... And at the same time the passed on the two most spectaculars player in Cherepanov and Esposito.

If Esposito will be as good as he can then Pittsbutgh will have Crosby, Malkin and Esposito.