KOVALEV

habsfan88

First off, from game 4, I find it hard to believe that people are just blaming kovalev. first off, that should've been a penalty no matter what. but it wasnt called, which is a shame but still, souray obviously saw kovalev in pain with his head down, and what does he do??? he runs right into him. I find it hard to believe that it was by accident. but anyways, i'm not making this thread to start an arguement, just wanted to state that no body should be blaming kovalev for that loss, and if they want to, blame souray too even though its not necessary at all.

But does anyone know the updated lines for tonight? is kovalev playing? we need him so badly!!

Come on, Kovy simply cannot give that puck up like that, let along run into the only guy who was back covering up!

The refs did not call a good game, but there weren't any calls either way...at the end of the day it was Game 4, double overtime! I love Kovy, thing he's gonna rebound big tonight, but he's GOT to play through on that one even if he just pushes the puck with his good hand to Souray or the boards...

It's game four in double OT and your down three...If there is any time to stand up and be counted that is it. I guess I would have preferred him to admit that he blew it and to move on like the highly paid professional that he is.

Enough said. Let's look forward to tonight...

GO HABS GO!

Its a charactor thing. You own up to your teamates and the press, show that your a professional and then, these issues are all mute.

He's a fantastically talented player and the Habs need him in the lineup. But, you certainly have to question his toughness when he's got his hand wrapped and is a "game time decision" in the biggest game of the year from a "slash" that was...Ridiculous (and everyone, including his teamates, knows it)...Sorry. Own up. Put it to bed. Move on and win game 5 tonight!!!!

Go habs go

Originally posted by rocketrichard

Kovalev has done well and I think people should stop blaming him.    

:hlogo: GO HABS GO

:-^fanpuck33:-^ ###### YOU

[Edited on 1989/05/15 by rocketrichard]

Want to explain this? No need for this kind of behavior on this forum, if you have a problem with him then send him a U2U (user 2 user message)

I sent rocketrichard a U2U suggesting that he not make entire posts using the Habs logo, since it messes up the size of the window and makes it diffiult to read. I was very friendly in doing so, and suggested nicely that he not do this anymore. I even mentioned that I was not a mod, so he didn't need to listen to me if he felt I was being stupid. I did not attack him at all, just made a friendly suggestion.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

I sent rocketrichard a U2U suggesting that he not make entire posts using the Habs logo, since it messes up the size of the window and makes it diffiult to read.  I was very friendly in doing so, and suggested nicely that he not do this anymore.  I even mentioned that I was not a mod, so he didn't need to listen to me if he felt I was being stupid.  I did not attack him at all, just made a friendly suggestion.

Wow thats funny, cause I actually edited one of his posts because it had too many logos and widened the screen. lol

Hope he doesnt tell me off now ;)

Originally posted by rocketrichard

Ya guys I'm sorry that I said that and I would like say sorry to fanpuck33 for my inapropriate behaviour on the forum. I did it because I thought that fanpuck33 was being rude and now I know that he wasn't so I'm once again very sorry for that!:)

Hey no problem man. Just a misunderstanding.

I knew about the incident the whole way along....truly a misunderstanding, because I'm a friend of rocketrichard. Anyways, this is all over, who cares, this is a habs forum and this should be the end of all of this crap.

GO HABS GO

So all of you people bad mouthing Kaovalev can shut your traps now! He scored the game winnign goal and his 4th of the series in 5 games. 4 goals in 5 games is CRAZY! He also stood in front of Rivets shot without a helmet and that takes balls! It also almost hit his head, Rivet roofed it. So going back to MONTREAL we got the momentum!

GO HABS GO

C'EST LE BUT!!!!!!!!:hlogo:

I find it interesting to see people who were once so quiet about Kovalev now start to speak up!!

Its all in the numbers isn't it?!!

If he's got 'em protect him right?

Numbers to me mean nothing!!

Gretzky's numbers, Jagr's numbers, Lindros' numbers...

You get the picture.

He is producing numbers, but he still scares the crap out of me. He is starting to melt into a position, but it is happening slow. I am all for patience and I am happy to see that Kovy has changed slightly. I have absolutely no concern for his offensive abilities, with the exception of passing. Which reminded me of some of his attempted passes. It shows he's new at this whole passing the puck thing, but he has to start somewhere and I can wait as long as needed as long as he is willing to play a team sport.

I know that we did not get him for a defensive aspect of the game, but he could at least try to take up some space after his turnovers. He's trying and you can see that. I feel that he is a liability as well as a blessing at times. A double-edged sword which needs to be used with absolute caution. Too much trust and your cut, not enough and your cut. He's that type of player, good, but needs to be coddled in a sense. From the first few games of the series I wanted him out, but he has gotten better, but once again, lets not put all our eggs into one basket here. He could get better or worse, with him you never know. I say not to ridicule him, but he still hasn't proven his reliability on both ends of the ice!!!

It is legitimate for an arguement either way, but its too early to jump on a positive. From what I see, he has been a defensive problem for us for a while now and tonight was the first time he did OK in that aspect. So to jump on the Kovy bashers I think is too premature. Unfortunately in this political game the suspects or well victims are always guilty until proven innocent. Yes its a shame, but is hockey politics!!

I will admit I was getting frustrated with Kovy's playing b/c I didn't see any improvement, but tonight showed me that he is able to learn a new type of hockey - the THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE ON THE ICE AND SKATING TO DEFEND YOUR OWN ZONE IS A GOOD THING type hockey. He showed me he can do it, but can he do it consistantly??

The question only time and patience can answer!!