Habs trade one of their goalies

Mr. Nasty

Good move considering we just got him for free off waivers. I thought he was becoming a UFA though.

He's an RFA. I guess Carolina ran out of players to draft that they had scouted, hehe.

and they'Re gonna brag that they got an NHL ready player :lol:

I wonder if that is actually what happened?

Something like "Dude, John Grahame is a terrible back up. Let's draft the best goalie available, maybe we can turn him into a back up. Better yet, get me Gainey on the phone, I'm sure he'll dump me Leighton."

Leighton deserves a shot at a regular job. Maybe Anaheim will want him back after they flip Bryzgalov.

No chance in hell.

If he wants a regular job he should go to the AHL.

Leighton was a pretty good prospect a couple years back for Chicago. Being forced to play 30-40 games as a rookie for such an awful club was not good for him at all. And this past year, where the waiver re-call rule kept him from playing hockey after December, didn't do him much good. I was just getting that he needs an organization that will give him a chance to get his career back on path. He's been jerked around by teams more than any goalie I can think of.

Look at his career numbers... he's proven all he needs to in the AHL. Aside from one bad year in 2005-06 for Rochester, he's been amongst the best goalies at that level in the past 3-4 years.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?i...=nhl-hurricanes

Can't be worse than Grahame, if you ask me.

Leighton deserves a shot at a regular job. Maybe Anaheim will want him back after they flip Bryzgalov.

I doubt that. I'm pretty sure Jonas Hiller will be on the Ducks' roster.

Leighton was a pretty good prospect a couple years back for Chicago. Being forced to play 30-40 games as a rookie for such an awful club was not good for him at all.

Can't be worse than Grahame, if you ask me.

You're right. Leighton is a good goaltender. His technique is OK. If I was the Canes coach I would send Grahame to Pluto, and use Leighton as Ward's backup.

I doubt that. I'm pretty sure Jonas Hiller will be on the Ducks' roster.

You're right. Leighton is a good goaltender. His technique is OK. If I was the Canes coach I would send Grahame to Pluto, and use Leighton as Ward's backup.

is there a hockey team in pluto now :lol:

Yeah it was called Pluto Planets, but with the recent developments its changed.

Dunno what its called now, cuz of the time difference the news hasnt arrived yet :)

Pluto Dwarfs :lol: