Preissing will not be signed by Senators

zumpano21

According to RDS.

This is a huge mistake for the Senators. He's a steady defenceman with a rock solid +/- (one of the best from the past year).

This is an opportunity for the CH. Bob, get on it!

According to RDS.

This is a huge mistake for the Senators. He's a steady defenceman with a rock solid +/- (one of the best from the past year).

This is an opportunity for the CH. Bob, get on it!

Well, well, well.... This is interesting and I wonder how many teams will have interest.

preissing could be a great fit in montreal. he could be used in pp and would make dandeneault highly expendable !!

I've said all along I would LOVE this guy to play for the Habs....he is exactly the kind of player they need.

Super reliable. great +/- and fairly cheap and underated.

But I think JMMR is correct in his perdiction of him ending up in the States somewhere.

This is not the Sens decision he wants to go to the States I believe and I would guess Colorado would be his top choice.

he does have a rather de-Preissing look to his face...

231666.jpg

He is a great 5 or 6 on a great team. On The Habs he would definitely be a top 4 but they would really have to over pay him. He is looking to make close to 3.5 or 4 mill

His own coach said his plus minus is artificially inflated because he only played in low risk situations. I just don't understand what you guys see in him. Yes, he provides some offensive skill, but his defensive zone play is poor. And judging from the amount of vitrol thrown at players like Souray who were offensively talented but made bone jarring mistakes defensively, he'd not be a good fit at all in Montreal.

His own coach said his plus minus is artificially inflated because he only played in low risk situations. I just don't understand what you guys see in him. Yes, he provides some offensive skill, but his defensive zone play is poor. And judging from the amount of vitrol thrown at players like Souray who were offensively talented but made bone jarring mistakes defensively, he'd not be a good fit at all in Montreal.

I agree, even Cherry was wetting himself over this guy when he first came up. I've never seen whats so special about him and I definitely wasn't excited when the Sens acquired him last year.

his defensive zone play is poor

How do you have a league leading +/- when your defensive play is poor? When Preissing was on the ice, the other team virtually did not score. This is the type of STEADY EDDIE defenceman that Montreal needs. A guy who doesn't make mental errors unlike our "stars" Souray and Markov. Besides, I'm not sure that Gorges will be able to step up and fill the role of a regular this year.

How do you have a league leading +/- when your defensive play is poor? When Preissing was on the ice, the other team virtually did not score. This is the type of STEADY EDDIE defenceman that Montreal needs. A guy who doesn't make mental errors unlike our "stars" Souray and Markov. Besides, I'm not sure that Gorges will be able to step up and fill the role of a regular this year.

Agreed.

Sure, plus minus is important but it is not everything. Explain to me why when asked about it - his own coach Bryan Murray pointed out that Preissing plays only against third and fourth lines

Sure, plus minus is important but it is not everything. Explain to me why when asked about it - his own coach Bryan Murray pointed out that Preissing plays only against third and fourth lines

Well...I'm not sure how accurate that statement is....I just don't know and it would be hard to prove or refute at this time.... What I do know is that it's somewhat expected when one of the other defensive pairings is Philips/Volchenkov. That pair will always be matched against the other team's top line. Also, Preissing was paired with Corvo - who would definitely not be placed against a top line.

Plus, Murray may be trying to low ball this guy, especially if the Sens made an offer they thought was fair.

What I am saying is that he should not be dismissed so quickly. In fact, I would go on to say that the D we have now would surely benefit from his presence on the CH.

Edited by zumpano21

If Preissing is going to make 3-4 million this summer then whoever takes him is making a mistake. I don't see how he's any better than Streit.

If Preissing is going to make 3-4 million this summer then whoever takes him is making a mistake. I don't see how he's any better than Streit.

I like Streit a lot and if he proves to be as valuable to Preissing next year that would be incredible. Streit is still a tad tentitive and not as physical when he plays defense. I do hope your right though BTH.