Cap Set at 50.3 Million

markierung

Players gave up 24% of their salaries due to the lockout and now the cap has increased by 27% since the lockout ended?

Information overload..does not compute........ :blink:

The Cap size and player salaries are not linked that tightly. Remember, a lot of teams were paying WAY more then 50 million and a number of teams were paying under 30 million.

Just because the Cap limit goes up to 27% doesn't mean player salaries are up the same amount.

I think one of the biggest drivers of salaries was the top end salaries...they grew far faster and really started to push the average player salary up. Now the top individual player salaries are very limited and the "middle class" is a much more stable number...and the average players make the bulk of the payroll for almost every team. I don't have the numbers in front of me to review it, but I'm pretty sure that would be the case now whereas previously the top end guys were likely making a larger percentage and/or driving up the average player salaries at a significantly faster rate...I am willing to bet that the majority of the increased cap is being spent on the top tier of talent which doesn't allow for the average player to actually gain any significant amount.

That makes fro enough room to sign Rafalski and Souray ;)

It also unhandcuffs the Leafs a bit which is the catch 22. It's not even the fact that we are rivals so much as them being a direct division rival. By some miracle, JFJ might just yet get Smitty. While he anticipation of sunday is exciting for me, it's also full of concern. The Toskala deal makes no sense unless Ferguson has something coming we won't like. Either that, or he's stupid. That's why we need a Briere or someone comparable because those 16 points up for grabs in the regular season are vital. So too against Ottawa and Boston - Briere will help. He'll certainly help slay a good portion of 16 points from the Sabres

Briere :ninja: :hockey: :king:

Sabres :monkey:

The size issue is not going to end. Michael Walhen did mention in his UFA report that the Canadiens might add a big winger or 2 to address the smallness issue with Briere. Now, I'm not suggesting we do this but imagine Briere-Rafalski-Bertuzzi(or, in the mould of) as the additions.

PS. So long Sheldon. :(

Ferguson really is that dumb...

Hey, I actually think Toskala will help the Leafs a lot even with their current team. But their future is such a mess it's actually comical.

Only Crosby will get a sniff of that.

The UFA this year will make 8+ million. So next year's UFA (and there are a lot of good ones next year) will probably make more. I could see Heatley getting 10 million a season offers.

Allison will not get 3 million he has not played hockey for over a year AGAIN.

If he wants to sign 1-1.9 million.

Good post JMMR, Allison did say he would take a 1 year league minimum. I think Montreal is too fast for him, but do keep in mind he is big and is a points producer.

Good post JMMR, Allison did say he would take a 1 year league minimum. I think Montreal is too fast for him, but do keep in mind he is big and is a points producer.

The Habs needed a centre last year when Plekanec Kovalev and Samsonov were struggling and he did not sign him then I doubt he signs him this time around.