has gainey finished his shopping ?

MAK

after much thinking( for about 2mins), I agree with the signing. its way over paid but all the players signed so far are overpaid...maybe rafalski was a great move by Detroit.

Lets focus on montreal now.

his he done ??

so far to me, the signing of hamrlik was a lateral move, he only replaced a player that left.

so we're even, now.

whats Gainey's next move??

ahould he bring another Dman, upgrade offense in talent and size, bring a proven defensive foward ??

for my part, I think that gainey hould continue to rebuil his Defense. there is no way that we'll be in the playoffs if dandenault and streit are regular on D, theyre too soft.

of course, if gainey can attract a guy like bill guerin, i'd be more then happy. he'd bring size, grit, leadership and could be one of the guys that could tell Kovalev and shove it once in a while.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sutton Markov Stuart stil out there.

didn't you say you could do some lobbying with sutton ?? maybe you'll have to use PRG's charms, I,m sure it'll work !!

I have yet to see him this summer. I could have my dad call his dad and muscle him to sign with the Habs but I do not want players with the team that do not want to be there.

I have yet to see him this summer. I could have my dad call his dad and muscle him to sign with the Habs but I do not want players with the team that do not want to be there.

is your dad mayor of kingston or something ??

maybe he threat him...if you don't sign in mtl, I'll raise your taxes higher then in the Q !!

is your dad mayor of kingston or something ??

maybe he threat him...if you don't sign in mtl, I'll raise your taxes higher then in the Q !!

NO hahaha

but he will be one day I guess.

Bob had better not be done!

The Habs brass promised to rebuild our defense after last season. Adding Hammer is a piece but not the whole thing. Souray is likely gone (If he really did turn down a 5.5 million dollar offer), so we need at least one more Dman.

We also need a center who can put some points on the board.

I think we will still be looking to add another D man and a forward.

The d men previously mentioned in this thread are possibilities, and for forwards, well Shanny, Yashin and Bert are still out there and could also be possibilities.

How much money do we have to spend? We also have to sign Ryder (3-4 million?) and Pleks (2 million?). Maybe we can shed some salary via trade as well so it should be interesting. No way is Bob done...

NO hahaha

but he will be one day I guess.

vote quimby !!!

Slight upgrade over Bonk has a 3rd line center?

indeed.

Unless he's going to sign Sutton or Johnson I think he's done with the UFA market. I wouldn't rule out a trade though.

I think the habs have about 11-12 mil left but have to sign Ryder and PLekanec.

That is about what I was just figuring out too. They have 38M committed not including the Salmaleinen and Cullimore buy-outs. I forget what they totalled.

Assuming Gorges gets 500K, Ryder gets 3.2M and Plekanec gets 1.3M (all guesses) then they would be at roughly 43M (add another mill for the buyouts and I say they have 6M of spending money).

edit: How much did Lahti sign for?...add that to the total.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

Ok on the safe side lets say we have 5 Mil left and if were optimistic about the resigning of Ryder and Plek and co we might end up with 6 Mil.

Wont Mr Gainey wanna leave between 1 and 2 Mil in case of emergency etc..? If so that leaves us between 4 and 5 Mil

still a second or 3rd tier Dman and Forward can be hooked... e.g. Yashin 3 Mil

and ample room to make trades with teams who wish to unload some salary (always scares me)

10 or 11 left, with probably 6 of that going to Ryder and Pleks? So thats 4 or 5 million. Still enough for a significant addition.

Dunno, Ryder shouldn't get more than 2.5 - 2.75. Pleks, 2.0 - 2.5.

Anyone like Vlad Nagy ? Help on the left side might be in order.