The Official Deathly Hallows thread

BTH

Come on, it comes out in 17 days (and the OotP movie in 7) and no one has even spared it a thought. Also, I didn't post this in the Books thread or Nothing thread because this is big news, huge news actually. You can guarantee it'll be on the front page of every decent newspaper.

So anyone have any theories for what happens in Deathly Hallows? I'll start off with some of my predictions for Book 7, though I'll keep them brief.

What/who are the Deathly Hallows? The Deathly Hallows is the world beyond the veil where all dead people go.

Which side is Snape on? I'm convinced that he has never been loyal to Voldemort. I'm leaning more towards the idea that he's been playing both sides from the start. By the way, it never says it in the narrative but I'm quite positive Snape is currently the second greatest wizard in the world, and even then, not as far behind Voldemort as we think.

Will Harry attend Hogwarts in Book 7? No and neither will Ron and Hermione.

Is Harry or his scar a Horcrux? No.

Is Nagini a Horcrux? No.

What is the sixth Horcrux then? There is none. Voldemort intended to make Harry his sixth Horcrux but it backfired on him and killed him. It's an extremely long and complicated theory so that's all I'll say in this post.

Will Harry die? Nope, neither will Ron or Hermione.

So who will die then? One guy I could see dying is Hagrid (he'll go out with a boom) but I really think the Weasley twins will sacrifice themselves (you can bet they'd also go out with a boom). McGonagall, Lupin, Peter Pettigrew and Kingsley Shacklebolt seem like possible death candidates to me. No students.

Who are people that theoretically could die but I think will not? Tonks, Aberforth Dumbledore and Mad-Eye Moody.

Who is RAB? Regulus Black (shame on you if you didn't figure that out within 30 seconds of coming across the initials in HBP!).

Where is the real locket? In #12 Grimmauld Place as most people have already deduced with a quick re-read of Order of the Phoenix. One possibility is that Mundungus has it though - we already know he was caught stealing stuff from Sirius' old house.

Only other Potter fans I know on HW are Jets and PTG (oh, and Colin but he's AWOL) so I guess this thread is for. Please don't just drop by and say "Harry Potter sucks" and then leave.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snape killed Dumbledore

LOL

When I saw you posted I actually expected it to say "Harry Potter sucks" just to annoy me.

Really? You think that place at the ministry is Deathly Hallows?

Snape to me has always been on the 'right' side. He's a spy for the good guys he just happened to make a pledge that he couldn't break.

No school either.

I think Snape is dying. Snape will save Harry somehow but in the process it will kill him. Remember he still has a life debt to Potter.

Pretty much everybody will die. In one big battle. What's his name the kid that almost was Potter LongBottom or something will kill that crazy evil lady that made his parents go nuts.

That back stabbing old fart at number 12 is going down for switching sides. That animal also has it I bet.

It's Pettigrew who owes harry a life debt, not Snape.

The boy is Neville Longbottom and the crazy woman is Bellatrix Lestrange.

I don't think Kreacher has the locket. It's most likely lying around in grimmauld place somewhere. I think the Horcruxes will be easy to find. Or else how can she fit it all into one reasonably sized book?

LOL

When I saw you posted I actually expected it to say "Harry Potter sucks" just to annoy me.

Nah, I just decided to drop some spoilers on this bitch.

Harry Potter does suck though

I think Snape is dying.

Pretty much everybody will die. In one big battle.

I go with you on that. Snape is gone by the end, I can see Lestrange killed by Harry, Snape by Voldemort.

I can't see the twins dying, but I think Moody will sacrifice himself to save Harry. Ron and/or Hermione will have Malefoy.

I can see Longbottom die, as well as Lupin, but not McGonagall neither Shacklebolt they're just too strong.

Tonks will ends up with Harry at her charge as Sirius Black's family member.

I had to read halfway through the post to figure out what this thread was supposed to be about.

Well if you were any fan at all you'd know the title of the 7th book by now so that wouldn't be a problem.

Joe, I don't think Snape will die. I can definitely see him surviving the series.

I can't see Moody dying, he's been through it all and seen it all and is that paranoid Auror who's survived just about every attack. I think if JKR wanted him dead she would have done it at the end of OotP when he was seriously injured - he's had no significance to the story since then. He's just another member of the Order, albeit a strong and resilient one.

The twins dying are more of a darkhorse pick of mine. I think it will happen but I stick with it because I know it's not a popular theory.

Well if you were any fan at all you'd know the title of the 7th book by now so that wouldn't be a problem.

Joe, I don't think Snape will die. I can definitely see him surviving the series.

I can't see Moody dying, he's been through it all and seen it all and is that paranoid Auror who's survived just about every attack. I think if JKR wanted him dead she would have done it at the end of OotP when he was seriously injured - he's had no significance to the story since then. He's just another member of the Order, albeit a strong and resilient one.

The twins dying are more of a darkhorse pick of mine. I think it will happen but I stick with it because I know it's not a popular theory.

I definitely see Snape dead by the end, killed by Lord Voldemort himself.

My long shot is Moody dying but saving Harry from a certain death. It would be an honnor for him, knowing the prediction made by Trewlaney.

I just started again the 6th cuz i didn't remember enough the horcrux thing...

lol I know Books 5 & 6 almost off by heart. Tell me any quote and I should be able to tell you the context and where it is in the book.

lol I know Books 5 & 6 almost off by heart. Tell me any quote and I should be able to tell you the context and where it is in the book.

just the 5th for me i read the 6th once only and it was back this autumn

I'm really not that into Harry Potter to the point I start coming up with theories on crap like this. I'll just pick up the book and hopefully enjoy it.

Actually, i started to think about the last chapter when I read the first post of this thread... but now i can't sleep anymore... :lol:

I'm really not that into Harry Potter to the point I start coming up with theories on crap like this. I'll just pick up the book and hopefully enjoy it.

Where's the fun in that?

I figured it out when I saw Hogwarts, and I only knew it because of the SNL skit with Lindsay Lohan, back when she was hot.

Where's the fun in that?

Well I don't see the fun in coming up with theories on what'll happen in a child's book. I'll pay my 30 bucks, read it, enjoy it, wait for the movie, complain about what was left out of the movie.

Wash, rinse, repeat

I figured it out when I saw Hogwarts, and I only knew it because of the SNL skit with Lindsay Lohan, back when she was hot.

I remember that skit!

*goes into the bathroom and locks the door*

Gah - it is NOT a children's book! It's usually only people who haven't read the books who say that, I can't remember ever hearing someone who's read them say that. Anyways, Rowling's intended audience isn't adults and it isn't children either - it's for everyone, though most of the big fans of the series are atleast teenaged, if not older. The kids seem to be entertained by the idea of magic but don't really get into the whole plot. It's only in the movies where it all seems like a big Disney fairy tale.

Besides I'm not coming up with theories, I don't like doing that either, I prefer to guess details, like who will die and stuff like that so that afterwards I can come back and see if I was right.

Fanpuck is right, just watch the episode of That 70's Show that she was in.

But this is a Harry Potter thread - there is a Hot People's thread made already.

It's a child's book that everyone enjoys. I'll admit the later ones are more for teens but it's original audience is children and it's hasn't strayed far from that.

Either way, I'm still a big fan and I'll be battling the hordes to get a copy on July 21st. :)