Oilers make an offer to Vanek

MAK

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanek is good and maybe even under rated but 7 million? :blink: NHL is truly officially back to the old Guerin/Yashin contract era

(First post after a long time :) Go Habs Go )

Aparently the buffalo radio guy says the Sabres will most likely match. If they do, the Oilers RFA's could be in trouble in future years. Man is Lowe desperate right now.........

Buffalo sports station this week was talking about Vanek. They said that he is worth more than Higgins, K-Rex, Plek and Ryder all together. Now I know this guy is talented but I ask you, how would he fill all three guys positions :rolleyes: I love the city of Buffalo and this signing is going to make the Whine Line (as they call it) just go crazyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....

HA, just turned on WGR550 AM in Buffalo and they are really ragging on the Sabre management. SIGN HIM NOW is what they want. WoW, Edmonton better not hope to trade with Buffalo ever again.

Trade with Buffalo? hahaha... just wait till the next time these two teams play on the ICE! it will be fun fun fun! Wow this little bit of excitement is better than when sliced bread was invented...

The Oil are really pushing their luck now.. but the ball is in Buffalo's court.... will they get off their "we will not pay cash for players" attitude and keep the big "V"; gosh! I'd like to be a fly on the wall during these negotiations.

My CALL let him go! take the four first round picks!

Edited by Chips

This is crazy.

Sabres have a press conference in 15 minutes they MUST MATCH THE OFFER.

I for one am happy to see people starting to make RFA offers. What's the sense of having the system in place if nobody's going to use it?

It's an old boys club things take time to change.

HA, just turned on WGR550 AM in Buffalo and they are really ragging on the Sabre management. SIGN HIM NOW is what they want. WoW, Edmonton better not hope to trade with Buffalo ever again.

Trade with Buffalo? hahaha... just wait till the next time these two teams play on the ICE! it will be fun fun fun! Wow this little bit of excitement is better than when sliced bread was invented...

:clap: You just killed me with that quote, I am older than most on this board and surprised to see it!

Let the RFA signing season open... HABS go after Praise on NJD. Screw the picks (Sarcasm) :rolleyes:

I for one am happy to see people starting to make RFA offers. What's the sense of having the system in place if nobody's going to use it?

Exactly.

And Vanek would be THE BEST free agent acquisition of the summer. Better than Briere, Drury, Gomez, Smyth, and Rafalski. Even if it cost 4 first rounders. He's a rare goal scoring talent.

The only major individual award any of the above mentioned has/ever will win is the Calder. I don't think any will win a Conn Smythe, Hart, Art Ross, Norris, Richard, or even a Selke. I definitely think Vanek can win at least a Richard.

This is crazy.

Sabres have a press conference in 15 minutes they MUST MATCH THE OFFER.

It's an old boys club things take time to change.

Man this is so exciting! If I don't go take a piss, I'm going to Pee myself!

Come on Buffalo take the picks!

Players like Vanek don't come around very often. Chances are those 4 1st round picks won't live up or help Buffalo get another player like Vanek. It's way too risky and would hurt the organization. Buffalo NEEDS to match and keep their future star as they've already lost two this summer.

Eklund has Ryder being the next to be tendered an offer sheet.

Buffalo matched the contract!

Not suprised at all.

good thing for sabrest that drury and briere left because he was edmonton bound

Eklund has Ryder being the next to be tendered an offer sheet.

Buffalo matched the contract!

Not suprised at all.

JMMR, who is interested in Ryder?

Dont say T-DOT! :angry:

hahahahaha Buffalo on the radio says to EDMONTON: Expect us to make an offer on one of your RFA's! heheheheheehehheehe

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Good job Darcy! :clap:

Does Lowe go after Parise now? :wacko:

Good job Darcy! :clap:

Does Lowe go after Parise now? :wacko:

I was thinking Parise first, as Flyers must be up against the cap.

Parise is a DEVIL.

ooops, my bad.... I was thinking Devils as they are always against the cap but my fingers were typing the other bad guys.