Souray finally lands a new job

sourymacdonalds.jpg

Today McDonald's Canada announced the signing of UFA Sheldon Souary to a one year $8.50 per hour (40 hours a week) contract. A McDonald's Executive said that "we are proud to have Sheldon as a part of our team...he will provde some much needed leadership and toughness for our weaker employees who have trouble dealing with angry customers." When ask about the signing Souray said "its was never about the money....I will take pride in wearing the uniform of a great organization like Mikey D's.....btw, I can flip an awesome burger."

All in good fun, but the funniest thing about all of htis is how much we all loved Shelly a few weeks ago, and if he does (by some miracle) end up resigning here, we'll all be going on about how much better of a team we are for it. Safe to say we're all a little bitter about the whole thing.

My understanding is that Mickey D's is always short handed? ...or at least short staffed, SS's number's aren't so good when short-handed... I don't think this was a good signing for McD's.

Kidding... "Come back Shel....bang in another 20 or so PP goals... it couldn't hurt to be on the squad that will take 25 of 100!!!!" And if that doesn't work out... ...(as any Montrealer knows) working at Lafleur's would be better anyways...

:lool:

J

Edited by jtvoxboi

My understanding is that Mickey D's is always short handed? ...or at least short staffed, SS's number's aren't so good when short-handed... I don't think this was a good signing for McD's.

Kidding... "Come back Shel....bang in another 20 or so PP goals... it couldn't hurt to be on the squad that will take 25 of 100!!!!" And if that doesn't work out... ...(as any Montrealer knows) working at Lafleur's would be better anyways...

:lool:

J

AS long as the McD's is on the west coast. I don't want him serving up Big (S)Macs in our yard !

I'd guess Lafleur's offered more, but the taxes are higher in Quebec so he went with McD.

Sorry to sound personal, but M. Jean-Luc Pilon.... Are you Dr. Jean-Luc Pilon, Archeology ?

Just wondering.

Sorry to sound personal, but M. Jean-Luc Pilon.... Are you Dr. Jean-Luc Pilon, Archeology ?

Just wondering.

Nope, not him ~ although I do like to dress up as the guy , , ,

image001.jpg

Just wondering.

Nope, not him ~ although I do like to dress up as the guy , , ,

image001.jpg

HA ! I didn't mean to offend you, but My wife and I had the pleasure of dealing with a brilliant Dr. Jean-Luc Pilon, who shared a passion of Native artifacts. This dude is on a first name basis with David Suzuki.

Too bad he wasn't on a first name basis with Mr. Crosby.

:lol:

HA ! I didn't mean to offend you, but My wife and I had the pleasure of dealing with a brilliant Dr. Jean-Luc Pilon, who shared a passion of Native artifacts. This dude is on a first name basis with David Suzuki.

Funny coincidence, I have met David Suzuki too ~ anyway I took the JLP name from an old neighbor, who is not the archaeologist either. Are you a collector or dealer?

(So we're not hijacking the thread): "no I don't want fries with that, Sheldon..."

Funny coincidence, I have met David Suzuki too ~ anyway I took the JLP name from an old neighbor, who is not the archaeologist either. Are you a collector or dealer?

(So we're not hijacking the thread): "no I don't want fries with that, Sheldon..."

This will be my last post for tonight. We live in Eastern Ontario near the South Nation River. Our turf is rich with Native burial grounds to tthe point we have to almost have to get permission from Chief Fontaine to put up a clothesline. :rolleyes:

Peace, dude.

At the end of this Larry Brooks [NY Post] article, it mentions a rumour about Souray possibly signing with the Rangers for one year. It sounds to me like he's lowering his demands since we're 11 days into the free agency period and he's not signed yet.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07112007/sport...arry_brooks.htm

At the end of this Larry Brooks [NY Post] article, it mentions a rumour about Souray possibly signing with the Rangers for one year. It sounds to me like he's lowering his demands since we're 11 days into the free agency period and he's not signed yet.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07112007/sport...arry_brooks.htm

Well no way they have the room now with Henrik and Brendan now signed.