First Nylander, than Bergeron

GoHabs2002

NOt taking a hit is okay, if you can deke away from it at the last second and have the checker knock himself against the boards, all the power to you.

But to see a man coming and throw yourself on the groundi s gutless and cowardly. Playing in the NHL you should be man and take the hit or move out the way.

Don't duck like a coward! To me, especially Bergeron's play along the boards, it's not better than Claude Lemieux turtling up during the height of the Wings-Avalanche rivalry.

Pathetic.

What does everyone have against Claude?

He turtles, so what? He won a Cup with the Habs, that's all that matters.

Plenty of players turtle but are trash talkers, like Jaarko Ruutu.

As for Begin getting hurt, that was all his fault.

If I was the player, I would have done the same and laughed after.

Jumping onto a player near the boards is idiotic. You don't fly into anybody near the boards. They can see you coming and aren't going to take the hit just because some fatuous Habs fan accuses them of being a wimp not too.

[Edited on 2004/4/18 by Ribeiro]

I don't mind if someone tries to prevent a hit or like lose the guy on a deke but it really pisses me off when someone turtles right before the hit like what that dude did to Begin. I can't stand it and it disgusts me. NHL, stop doing it, it's not proper hockey! :hlogo:

[Edited on 1989/05/15 by rocketrichard]

Ya its plain bullshit. Not even a penalty given out!!!

McGillis is also big, and thats even more sad that a big guy like him has to turtle. He's a little wuss. He's big, but he plays like he's 2 feet tall. He's an idiot.

[Edited on 04/07/1989 by habsfan88]