Valentenko

zumpano21

Yeah...just saw it before I saw your post...I was thinking of letting people know on habsworld...you beat me to it :P

Anyhow I liked the story...It seems he may have a chance to crack the habs lineup...However Obyrne is the frontrunner no? Biron apparently has stated his case and has mentioned his determination...seems like we have quite a battle heating up for the habs final defenceman..

Baring trades...

Markov, Komi, Hammer, Promoted D man here, Cube, Dandy, Gorges, Streit

Will Streit actually play D? Or be the "ultimate" Utility player...hmmmm, as for goerges...I think the habs brass see him as a reserve defenceman...am I missing anyone?

TSN broadband has a segment on Valentenko. Check it out.

It doesn't seem to load and in the end, I get a browser error and everything collapses... :(

I had the same problem with Firefox. Try IE.

TSN broadband has a segment on Valentenko. Check it out.

It doesn't seem to load and in the end, I get a browser error and everything collapses... :(

I had the same problem with Firefox. Try IE.

I can only get TSN broadband to work about 30% of the time. I don't know if their server limits the amount of downloads or if it just a glitch...but it is very frustrating.

Am I the only one who thinks the habs really like his chances of making the team this year? I wonder if they promised him that he would make the team if he made the jump to north america?

I'm sure he will be closely watched player in training camp and through the exhibition season.

I'd be happy with him joining the club, based on everything I've read on this kid; he plays a very good north american style game with a booming shot from the point.

GO HABS GO!

Am I the only one who thinks the habs really like his chances of making the team this year? I wonder if they promised him that he would make the team if he made the jump to north america?

I'm sure he will be closely watched player in training camp and through the exhibition season.

I'd be happy with him joining the club, based on everything I've read on this kid; he plays a very good north american style game with a booming shot from the point.

GO HABS GO!

He's also feisty :clap:

GO HABS GO!

It would be pretty hard to tell O'Byrne that he didn't make it after forgoing college to turn pro at the Habs request

GO HABS GO!

It would be pretty hard to tell O'Byrne that he didn't make it after forgoing college to turn pro at the Habs request

hopefully, no promises to anyone and the best guy makes the team out of training camp. I'm excited about valentenko becuase we aren't getting emelin and I've heard a lot about this kid, and I'm excited about O'byrne because he's huge... We'll see who gets on the team. I like them both (without knowing too much about either one)... I really hope one of htem makes it because our last year line up for D wasn't great after Komi/Marky and I don't think Dandy and Bouillon have any more room to grow. I'd rather have a kid back there making mistakes and learning than one of them who's not gonna get any better.

I hope Valenko will develop as a Dany Markov! A solid D who sometimes enters a near-psychopathic state to thow viscious bodychecks :D

Could become a good 4th D

I'd rather him turn out like a konstantinov !!!

From what I heard I really think that this guy could make the team. For a young player this kid has lots of international expierence. His physical play will really help him in training camp in Sept.

I'm still sad Elemin couldn't come over with him but I think Valentanko can prove himself as a really solid NHL defenceman sooner then most people think.

One of our problems is what do to do with all the current 6th and 7th defensemen we have right now... as mentioned by others I'm getting the impression alot fo these guys want to be in MTL is that possible? isnt another stint in HAmilton required? and iof they dont fit all into Hamilton who will take the ones we dont want? waivering gonna happen again this year? are we losing future Beauchemins? etc? I have no idea of the effectiveness fo the Gorges and O'Bryan's Cote' etc...

Call ups in case of injuries?

Who can tell me what the hierarchy of our defense is?

Thanks in advance

Who can tell me what the hierarchy of our defense is?

Thanks in advance

For their chances of making this season's roster I'd rank them like this:

1- Markov

2- Komisarek

3- Hamrlik

4- Streit

5- Dandenault

6- Bouillon

7- Gorges

8- O'Byrne

9- Cote

10- Valentenko

11- Biron

With no one else even being on the radar for this season.

Okay, okay

12- Subban

For their chances of making this season's roster I'd rank them like this:

1- Markov

2- Komisarek

3- Hamrlik

4- Streit

5- Dandenault

6- Bouillon

7- Gorges

8- O'Byrne

9- Cote

10- Valentenko

11- Biron

With no one else even being on the radar for this season.

Okay, okay

12- Subban

Excellent job BTH. I would like to see #5 #7 replaced with #8 and #10 but that is just my wishful thinking.

Go Habs!

• 3 weeks later...