Thank you Shelly Thread

Nilan

Did you guys listen to the TSN broadband news thing on Souray. How it was a hard decision and then how it was an easy decision. What a bone head!

hehehehe Thank you Souray for the effort and team first play while here, good times brother.

Thank you Souray for being a horses ass with your mouth about unfinished business and wanting to stay.

THANK YOU BOB GAINEY FOR NOT OFFERING TO OVERPAY THE 26 GOAL SCORING ONE YEAR WONDER!

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehehehe Thank you Souray for the effort and team first play while here, good times brother.

Thank you Souray for being a horses ass with your mouth about unfinished business and wanting to stay.

THANK YOU BOB GAINEY FOR NOT OFFERING TO OVERPAY THE 26 GOAL SCORING ONE YEAR WONDER!

He was definitely a team player and stood up for his mates. I think he got some bad advice from his agent when he turned 5.5 mill down. Because at that point Bob was overpaying. When Bob offered 4.5 I thought that was a more than fair offer. So unfortunately Bob did offer to overpay and as much as I like shelly thank god he wasn't smart enough to take the offer. :clap: :hlogo:

I'm still bitter towards Souray...maybe that will change over time because after all...he did play some good hockey for us and he did stick up for his team mates while he was here....one of my favorite Souray moment was when he went after that gutless little puke Colby Armstrong......it was so funny because you could see the fear in Armstrong's face....I thought for sure he was going to sh*t himself.....even though I'm bitter towards Souray...I will miss him.

SourayFightbilde.jpg

I think its sad that there are so many anti-Sourites out there. A lot of the Habs fans are almost becoming worse than Leaf fans. It's despicable.

Oiler fans dont think Smyth is an a-hole for leaving Edm over a measly $100K. It was similar with Smyth in Edm, he didnt want to leave, but Edm traded him in order not to loose him for nothing because they werent willing to pay him that little bit more.

Me thinks you will be proved wrong. Smyth will be booed in Edmonton and Edmonton friends of mine are not that enthused with his homer attitude only to quibble over $100grand.

Habs fans will never be as bad as Leaf fans, in fact no fan including Yankee fans will be as bad as Leaf fans! :puke:

Just listened to the whole 27 minutes of interviews on the frontpage of nhl.com. And he was asked why he left the Habs. He said it didnt feel good that the Habs didnt put enough effort on signing him before the 1st of July. I can understand that. For sure its Sheldon's site of the story, we will never know the truth cuz we werent there, but for sure it will be a mis. I loved him as a habs

it probably was posted before, but listen for yourself

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Thanks for making BG overpay Hamrlik with the money you were supposed to have but who knows, maybe Hamrlik will be the guy with 25 goals next season standing there in your position on the ice wearing your old number, but he will never look as mean as you did when things started to get nasty on the ice. Maybe he will be the guy who wont break his stick when trying to shoot and by that cause all those breakaways for the other team often leading to a L in the column.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a list of all Souray's goals for the Habs last season, courtesy of NHL.com:

http://oilers.nhl.com/video/app?page=Playe...amp;pid=8460561

Also, here's the audio of the Edmonton conference call to announce Souray's signing:

http://oilers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...ayer&pid=19

• 4 weeks later...

Article on Souray. Stubbs promised article... a day early... ^_^

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/st...f22&k=64399

He complains extensively about how he was not a top priority for the organization...give me a break.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

The article was a good read. Part of me still wishes he had resigned here. But, i guess only time will tell for both sides. Players have moved on before, and i will always love the Habs. Lots of great potential with the youngsters here. Maybe once Hamrlik settles in here, Souray will be soon forgotten. Hopefully Souray does well in Edmonton, time will tell.

Go Habs Go.

As sad as I am to see the Hammer go, I can't help thinking that the departure of his and Rivet's much-vaunted leadership is a good thing. I don't deny Souray had it, but I think that as long as he and Rivet were there, the leaders of the future would feel out of place standing up.

One of the qualities that makes a good in-room leader is the ability to sense your team-mates' moods and know how your actions and words will manipulate them to be better - ultimately, and I know this sounds mooshy, a good leader is someone who combines sensitivity with charisma. So a good leader of the future may have been sitting in the room last season, staying quiet for two reasons: knowing how much Rivet perceived himself as central to the team and how important that was to Rivet (witness his out-of-proportion reaction to being benched...once), and knowing that Souray's undeniable charisma would likely turn to bitterness at the first hint of trespass on his big-brother image.

Koivu's weird brand of leadership has no fear of rivalry, because it's blended with some kind of surly contempt for his teammates. A leader of the future doesn't need to worry about treading on Koivu's toes the way he did with Souray and Rivet. So while some bemoan the loss of these two leaders, I'm relieved that space has been opened up for new leaders to grow into their roles and, dare I say, do a better job of it.

BTW, when do we start the "F U Sheldon" thread?

Yeah, anyone notice I haven't posted in the "Thank you Shelly Thread"? That's because of his foolishness with his comments. I really liked this guy but his "unfinished business" garbage and all of his contradictions have left me with a sour stomach.

I also can't get by the fact that with our season on the line and in the last 2 minutes he grabbed his shoulder at the ACC and left the ice. I openly said, "what the.....what are you doing going to the bench?...expletive...GOODBYE SHELDON".

It's almost as if he left the ice and thought, "good enough, done my duty".

As sad as I am to see the Hammer go, I can't help thinking that the departure of his and Rivet's much-vaunted leadership is a good thing. I don't deny Souray had it, but I think that as long as he and Rivet were there, the leaders of the future would feel out of place standing up.

One of the qualities that makes a good in-room leader is the ability to sense your team-mates' moods and know how your actions and words will manipulate them to be better - ultimately, and I know this sounds mooshy, a good leader is someone who combines sensitivity with charisma. So a good leader of the future may have been sitting in the room last season, staying quiet for two reasons: knowing how much Rivet perceived himself as central to the team and how important that was to Rivet (witness his out-of-proportion reaction to being benched...once), and knowing that Souray's undeniable charisma would likely turn to bitterness at the first hint of trespass on his big-brother image.

Koivu's weird brand of leadership has no fear of rivalry, because it's blended with some kind of surly contempt for his teammates. A leader of the future doesn't need to worry about treading on Koivu's toes the way he did with Souray and Rivet. So while some bemoan the loss of these two leaders, I'm relieved that space has been opened up for new leaders to grow into their roles and, dare I say, do a better job of it.

I agreed with so much of what you said until the surly contempt of teammates part aobut Koivu... Not gettin' it: what do you mean?

Yeah, anyone notice I haven't posted in the "Thank you Shelly Thread"? That's because of his foolishness with his comments. I really liked this guy but his "unfinished business" garbage and all of his contradictions have left me with a sour stomach.

I also can't get by the fact that with our season on the line and in the last 2 minutes he grabbed his shoulder at the ACC and left the ice. I openly said, "what the.....what are you doing going to the bench?...expletive...GOODBYE SHELDON".

It's almost as if he left the ice and thought, "good enough, done my duty".

I think everything he said, he meant at the time. He really intended to come back to Montreal but admit it, their opening offer of 4M x 3 was a joke. Then they went after Briere, Smyth, Hamrlik etc so he changed his mind because he felt they were acting as if he wasn't one of their priorities.

I think everything he said, he meant at the time. He really intended to come back to Montreal but admit it, their opening offer of 4M x 3 was a joke. Then they went after Briere, Smyth, Hamrlik etc so he changed his mind because he felt they were acting as if he wasn't one of their priorities.

True, however my reservation was a result of the final offer which was given to Hamrlik. 5.5 X 4 years is a good offer for someone who had all this unfinished business. I don't consider the final offer an insult. As a matter of fact, it's not inconceivable that Gainey might have wavered and said, "OK Sheldon, I'll give you 1 more year." Plus, Edmonton gave him 5.4. X 5. So he manages to get another year instead. That's fine and all but for someone who wanted to make the difference and be here supposedly, I have to wonder.

But, players can be funny about it - just ask Smitty and Kevin Lowe about that 800 K :P

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

True, however my reservation was a result of the final offer which was given to Hamrlik. 5.5 X 4 years is a good offer for someone who had all this unfinished business. I don't consider the final offer an insult. As a matter of fact, it's not inconceivable that Gainey might have wavered and said, "OK Sheldon, I'll give you 1 more year." Plus, Edmonton gave him 5.4. X 5. So he manages to get another year instead. That's fine and all but for someone who wanted to make the difference and be here supposedly, I have to wonder.

But, players can be funny about it - just ask Smitty and Kevin Lowe about that 800 K :P

By the time they made that offer Souray was already feeling bitter towards the Habs.

From Begin via Journal De Montreal:

"Roman Hamrlik is more stable defensively than Sheldon was, and he brings a rugged game", Begin added. "Having played against him, I can testify that he is big and solid on his skates. He's an excellent defenseman."