The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

Active... doing stuff. TV is too passive for me. Sitting there, not doing anything but watch...

I'm glad, and think more people should do the same. TV is something that is best when taken in small doses. Too many people today believe it's actually important and watch it excessively... which factors in to other problems, like obesity.

Sorry all - I'll get off the soapbox now. :blush: Other than hockey, I'll sometimes watch Family Guy, the Simpsons, or the History television if there's something that interests me (Disasters of the Century, Turning Points of History... fun stuff!)

I'm glad, and think more people should do the same. TV is something that is best when taken in small doses. Too many people today believe it's actually important and watch it excessively... which factors in to other problems, like obesity.

Sorry all - I'll get off the soapbox now. :blush: Other than hockey, I'll sometimes watch Family Guy, the Simpsons, or the History television if there's something that interests me (Disasters of the Century, Turning Points of History... fun stuff!)

we share the same interest for televison. basiclly, anything about WW II I'll watch.

if I catch the myth busters, I'll watch it.

I made a point of never get hooked by a televison show that I can't miss( like star trek for alot of people I knew).

If anything, I'll tape it or watch later. the only times that I absolutely have to watch television: HOCKEY

near-the-end-of-the-season Habs game,

the playoffs, and the final( unless it's boring teams like the devils),

the WJC

and the entry draft.

I'll definitely miss hockey. I'm thinking of buying a TV just for that, but I'm working mostly evening shifts so I doubt I'll even have time to catch games.

Otherwise, I really dont miss TV at all. Most of Quebec-programming is crap anyway, aimed for "matantes" ("aunties", ie: stupid, sentimental, mainstream females). I've also grown fed up of good series for which you have to wait a week between episodes. I got my hands on Entourage this summer. Watched Season 1 almost entirely in one evening; and Season 2 the next evening. When I caught up with the present season and had to wait a week in between episodes, my interest quickly dropped. Waiting a week just for 25 mins of TV, bleah...

As we get the series in Europe AFTER the Americans we only get the good ones.

I don't watch series on TV, but on DVD, since I'm to inpatience to wait a whole week for another 25 minutes with The Simpsons the only exeption.

I've just completed watching Sex and the City and I have to say it's easily one of the better series.

But the all time favourites are Six Feet Under and M*A*S*H.

If anything, I'll tape it or watch later. the only times that I absolutely have to watch television: HOCKEY

near-the-end-of-the-season Habs game,

the playoffs, and the final( unless it's boring teams like the devils),

the WJC

and the entry draft.

And den?...(no and then) And den?...(no and THEN) And Den??.... (NO AND THEN!!!!)

:D :hlogo:

I'm a big fan of the following:

LOST

Heroes *new... looks good... reminds me of LOST*

Survivor

Big Brother

Prison Break

Rock Star (well, Supernova was good)

Friends

That 70's Show

Simpsons

etc etc... I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

• 1 month later...

My biggest thing is, of course, 'Les Canadiens a RDS'. My wife loves the Law & Order, CSI and doctor shows so I get to see some of that too.

Me, I'm a movies guy. We have THE MOVIE NETWORK (Canada) so I get to see a number of movies, including some I would never have had the opportunity or even considered seeing. Some of these little known numbers are very, very good.

GO :hlogo: GO!

• 4 weeks later...

Adrian Monk is gold... I always get a laughing fit when I see him. This man is awesome. Tony Shalhoub plays his role very well. The perfect actor in a perfect role.

This is the only TV show I always watch and never miss...

For movies: I am a big fan of WWII movies and Al Pacino/Robert de Niro movies. Those 2 actors can play every role.

For movies: I am a big fan of WWII movies and Al Pacino/Robert de Niro movies. Those 2 actors can play every role.

Here is one more, Pacino or DeNiro and you garanteed for a good movie!!

And looking at some younger actors i starting to like Colin Farrell, Edward Norton.

So one of the best movies from recent years has to be The Recruit! Pacino and Farrel, wauw!!

Adrian Monk is gold... I always get a laughing fit when I see him. This man is awesome. Tony Shalhoub plays his role very well. The perfect actor in a perfect role.

I like Monk too, though I don't think it is as good as it used to be. It seems like they focus more on his little quirks than on his ability to solve the crimes.

King of Queens, absolute lovely. Really watch that show often. It's broadcasted here right after diner.

I noticed there is a HUGE fansite in Germany too... Why is it so funny to them? :huh:

I dunno, normally i think Germans have a really bad sence of humor. Nothing against them, but its really so bad. If i watch german tv i cant believe they find it funny. German Stand-ups are the worse.

sry Tex ;)

I can attest to that. My roomie's from Germany and his sense of humour is horrible! And then he doesn't find actual funny things funny. Although I'm sure he would say the exact same about me... :unsure:

I liked King of Queens until I found out Leah Remini was a Scientologist. Then I just sat there thinking "You're a big weirdo and you've ruined this show for me".

It's not wildly funny or anything but it was entertaining enough. Top 5 for me right now has to be:

1: Robot Chicken

2: Heroes

3: Family Guy

4: Lost

5. Prison Break

I dunno, normally i think Germans have a really bad sence of humor. Nothing against them, but its really so bad. If i watch german tv i cant believe they find it funny. German Stand-ups are the worse.

sry Tex ;)

lol

True that we german have another kind of humor. Stand up comedy in germany sucks too. Only Michael Mittermeier rocks, the others are :puke: Daily soaps suck too. Never watched it and never will. If I watch TV then just Monk and american blockbuster movies. German TV sucks really- your point. This is my opinion and I don't know what Henne says :D

In 3 weeks I am in Zoetermeer. Then i can watch how dutch comedy is :wacko:

lol

True that we german have another kind of humor. Stand up comedy in germany sucks too. Only Michael Mittermeier rocks, the others are :puke: Daily soaps suck too. Never watched it and never will. If I watch TV then just Monk and american blockbuster movies. German TV sucks really- your point. This is my opinion and I don't know what Henne says :D

In 3 weeks I am in Zoetermeer. Then i can watch how dutch comedy is :wacko:

We got some good standup here, but Dutch comedy series are horrible to. If you want to see standup you got to go to big cities. They have clubs (but its most foreigners i believe).

yeah when Germans find Rudi Carell funny, there is something wrong (but gladly not every german is like that)