The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

1) It was Valentines Day, every show saw a significant decline

2) It still won it's timeslot.

3) It's just come off a 3 month hiatus, viewers are always slow to come back

4) How shallow is it to celebrate bad TV ratings?

• 4 months later...
i find it kinda cheesy and predicable. I find it typical american, the humor. Just like Seinfeld, a lot of jokes, but not really funny (seinfeld is just a good serie beside the jokes). I find it always so stupid al those laughing "Audiences" on tape. You hear them everytime, well most of those times i cant laugh, just to stupid. Is the american humor so bad, or is it all fake (i also find that about standup comedy, so many lame jokes. Nothing special but going the easy way)

Ouch, touché.

You can really laugh a whole episode?? Most episodes got some good jokes in it, and i laugh about 2/3 times hard per episode. But Hilarious, i find it kinda cheesy and predicable. I find it typical american, the humor. Just like Seinfeld, a lot of jokes, but not really funny (seinfeld is just a good serie beside the jokes). I find it always so stupid al those laughing "Audiences" on tape. You hear them everytime, well most of those times i cant laugh, just to stupid. Is the american humor so bad, or is it all fake (i also find that about standup comedy, so many lame jokes. Nothing special but going the easy way)

You do realize that Scrubs is very different from the rest of the shows on TV here. It's the only single-camera comedy on TV. It doesn't have a laugh track. Characters grow. The show started to get a bit too corny in season 5 and into season 6, but it's still a great show. Hilarious means I laugh out loud when I watch it. No show currently on primetime does that for me. Great show means that it is unique and entertaining. No show makes you laugh the entire time, that would be preposterous. It's cheesy at times because they're trying to be. If I could only watch one show on TV (that is still running), I think I'd have to choose Scrubs. Then again, it might be smarter to pick something else since I've seen every episode (aside from the newest season) multiple times.

You do realize that Scrubs is very different from the rest of the shows on TV here. It's the only single-camera comedy on TV. It doesn't have a laugh track. Characters grow. The show started to get a bit too corny in season 5 and into season 6, but it's still a great show. Hilarious means I laugh out loud when I watch it. No show currently on primetime does that for me. Great show means that it is unique and entertaining. No show makes you laugh the entire time, that would be preposterous. It's cheesy at times because they're trying to be. If I could only watch one show on TV (that is still running), I think I'd have to choose Scrubs. Then again, it might be smarter to pick something else since I've seen every episode (aside from the newest season) multiple times.

KNIFE WRENCH!

For kids.

I agree with you on Scrubs Fanny, but i didnt know what you meant by Hilarious, but indeed i can laugh out loud sometimes to. But not to often like americans do, i think.

Well, if you're using Scrubs as a leading American comedy, most Americans would disagree. It's not really that popular a show here except for its loyal fans. NBC treats it like crap and most people don't even notice. It's always a midseason replacement.

well its american comedy. Which consists of obese comedian with a super hot wife and family. So unrealistic.

You lost me. Are you saying Scrubs is that? Cause it isn't.

Or are you saying the current typical American comedy is an obese comedian with a super hot wife and family?

well its american comedy. Which consists of obese comedian with a super hot wife and family. So unrealistic.

You lost me. Are you saying Scrubs is that? Cause it isn't.

Or are you saying the current typical American comedy is an obese comedian with a super hot wife and family?

B would be the right answer.

Scrubs isn't popular because its not typical american comedy which plays to the stupid by being stupid.

There's only a few american network comedies that are watchable.

The only two that are watchable: 1 is a dramedy the other is a telenova

Scrubs

Ugly Betty

After that its fat man/hot wife crap.

America can't do comedy. We just take whatever the brits make and water it down and americanize it (Office) Now I here they're going to make a Little America a spin off of Little Britain :wacko:

Unorginal to say the least.

• 2 months later...

Ok, I know we already have a TV thread, but this one is kinda like the 24 threads we've had in the past. But with as many serial shows nowadays, I figured it'd be good to just have one thread for all of them.

That being said, Heroes is back tomorrow! I can't freaking wait!

Yeah, a little glad TV is up and running again. Prison Break last week, Robot Chicken started about a month ago, Family Guy tonight. Heroes tomorrow (AND HALO 3 THE DAY AFTER! WOO!) and then Office and Earl on Thursday. Might watch CSI on Thursday too, I watched last season's finale last week and it was pretty interesting, Sara was always one of my favorite characters. I'm interested to see how they deal with her because I know Jorja Fox has been a problem for the producers for a few years now.

still haven't seen the season opener for PB.

You should, it was pretty good, this new prison is pretty hardcore. My dad hated it though because they're back in prison and he doesn't like that. I think he fails to see the Prison in Prison Break, haha.

What season is Heros in I watched the first episode of the first season last week.

Heroes is just starting it's 2nd season.

Theres going to be an Origins miniseries this winter as well for the break since they lost a lot of viewers at that time last year. Quite a few new people joining the season 2 cast including Kristen Bell (yay) and Dania Ramirez.

Heroes is just starting it's 2nd season.

Theres going to be an Origins miniseries this winter as well for the break since they lost a lot of viewers at that time last year. Quite a few new people joining the season 2 cast including Kristen Bell (yay) and Dania Ramirez.

i joined the Heroes bandwagon late last season - but THOROUGHLY enjoyed the program and was able to catchup on a lot of shows on the website. i've got a staff meeting tonight at 6:30, i'll be doing my best to be done in time for Heroes!