The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

I just bought myself a Sony Bravia 40 inch 1080i and a 5.1 surrond sound system. I'm ready for hockey season now ^_^

How much and where?

$1698 before taxes at Bricks. That includes the TV and surround sound system. Vidéotron HD terminal adds another $99 to the bill.

Wow it was worth the cash.. the image quality in HD hockey games is unreal :blink::clap: HUGE HUGE difference compared to SDTV. O man HD makes hockey even more awesome that it already was.

Beauty and the Geek is now off cable after 2 (or has it been 3 already?) seasons and the first 2 episodes of this one. Wtf? CW is now off Fox so I don't get to watch The Reaper or some other good shows either. Instead they're playing Seinfeld - a good show, but one I could watch any day on several different channels.

Thanks for the heads up, I won't bother watching it.

I did watch My Name Is Earl, 30 Rock and The Office tonight. All were great, NBC is really heading in a good direction with those three shows and Heroes. I think Chuck has a lot of potential for success as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Chuck continues to be quite good, Heroes seems to be getting better, and Journeyman is still entertaining. I hope Chuck is doing well in the ratings, I would be ticked if it got cancelled, since I so rarely pick up new shows these days. Heroes would be better without those lame scenes in the Bennet house. Claire's brother is a worse actor than anyone in the new Star Wars movies.

Chuck continues to be quite good, Heroes seems to be getting better, and Journeyman is still entertaining. I hope Chuck is doing well in the ratings, I would be ticked if it got cancelled, since I so rarely pick up new shows these days. Heroes would be better without those lame scenes in the Bennet house. Claire's brother is a worse actor than anyone in the new Star Wars movies.

I really just hate all of the new characters in Heroes right now.

Kristen Bell is on next week though, I hope she doesn't annoy me lik everyone else. That stupid Maya storyline is going nowhere and Wes is just a giant tool. He wants to be Claire's boyfriend so how does he deal with her insecurities? By telling her to shut up. Yeah, OK.

Chuck is great though, that new chick last night. Hot damn, I hope she makes more appearences.

*googles* Crap Fanpuck, Chuck is 4th in it's timeslot. Well that sucks. Bionic Woman is my other new show, it's really good and it's getting good ratings. I hope NBC sticks with Chuck though, maybe move it to a new timeslot or something. I mean, they have stuck with Scrubs which in this day and age should have been cancelled ages ago.

im also looking for a good site to download TV shows, mostly want to see journeyman, which ive missed 2 of the 4 weeks so far.

NBC might have full eps of that on their website, I know they have full eps of Heroes and Chuck.

*googles* Crap Fanpuck, Chuck is 4th in it's timeslot. Well that sucks. Bionic Woman is my other new show, it's really good and it's getting good ratings. I hope NBC sticks with Chuck though, maybe move it to a new timeslot or something. I mean, they have stuck with Scrubs which in this day and age should have been cancelled ages ago.

Hmm, I can't find it now, but I was reading an article that divided all the new shows into 5 groups. Like "doing very well," "going strong," "doing ok," "in trouble," and "should never have been on in the first place." Chuck was in the doing strong group, but despite better ratings, Bionic Woman was only in the doing ok group.

Was looking for that article again and found this week's ratings, Chuck was up to 2nd, just edgining out the two comedies on CBS. Both Heroes and Chuck went up in viewers after losing viewers each of the first few weeks.

I really just hate all of the new characters in Heroes right now.

The girl that learns from watching TV doesn't seem bad so far, but I agree the other new characters are quite annoying.

Hmm, I can't find it now, but I was reading an article that divided all the new shows into 5 groups. Like "doing very well," "going strong," "doing ok," "in trouble," and "should never have been on in the first place." Chuck was in the doing strong group, but despite better ratings, Bionic Woman was only in the doing ok group.

Was looking for that article again and found this week's ratings, Chuck was up to 2nd, just edgining out the two comedies on CBS. Both Heroes and Chuck went up in viewers after losing viewers each of the first few weeks.

Yeah but thats one of those opinion things, those categories. Networks base their decisions off of ratings, just look at Arrested Development. That was an amazing show but no one watched it so it got the axe. I hadn't seen ratings for this week though so it's good to hear Chuck is up.

The girl that learns from watching TV doesn't seem bad so far, but I agree the other new characters are quite annoying.

I wasn't really counting her since it was her first episode, I'll give her a little more time. I'm hoping it doesn't turn into some weepy Katrina thing though.

I'm also curious if anyone here bothered to watch Cavemen last night. What a ridiculous concept that show is.

They took CW off TV! I gt no more Beauty and the Geek, no more America's Next Top Model, etc...

Only thing worth watching on there is Scrubs reruns at night anyways. :lol:

Yeah but thats one of those opinion things, those categories. Networks base their decisions off of ratings, just look at Arrested Development. That was an amazing show but no one watched it so it got the axe. I hadn't seen ratings for this week though so it's good to hear Chuck is up.

I wasn't really counting her since it was her first episode, I'll give her a little more time. I'm hoping it doesn't turn into some weepy Katrina thing though.

Ratings are important, obviously, but not everything. Scrubs has never had that great ratings and it's going into its 7th season. Like with Bionic Woman, they had it in that category because the ratings had gone done significantly since the premiere and network execs weren't big on the show in the first place, so it would likely need really big ratings to keep it around.

Scrubs is on it's own little island though, it's the only show thats managed to stick around when no one watches it. Big ratings means big revenue so thats what a network is going to look at when it decides what to keep and what to let go. Even shows that win all kinds of awards have been axed after a few seasons because no one watches them.

As long as Bionic Woman manages to be one of the top shows for Wednesday night (which is being helped along with the absence of Lost) then NBC will keep it around.

I'm not sure why I'm defending Bionic Woman anyway, I thought the topic was on Chuck.

Scrubs is on it's own little island though, it's the only show thats managed to stick around when no one watches it. Big ratings means big revenue so thats what a network is going to look at when it decides what to keep and what to let go. Even shows that win all kinds of awards have been axed after a few seasons because no one watches them.

As long as Bionic Woman manages to be one of the top shows for Wednesday night (which is being helped along with the absence of Lost) then NBC will keep it around.

I'm not sure why I'm defending Bionic Woman anyway, I thought the topic was on Chuck.

It's the TV thread, TV in general is the topic. I was just saying that Chuck seems to be on better footing with the network despite lesser ratings. It got picked up for three more episodes already, I haven't heard that about Bionic Woman yet.

Btw, speaking of Scrubs, how bad ass is it that Chuck's sister is gift shop girl!

It's the TV thread, TV in general is the topic. I was just saying that Chuck seems to be on better footing with the network despite lesser ratings. It got picked up for three more episodes already, I haven't heard that about Bionic Woman yet.

Btw, speaking of Scrubs, how bad ass is it that Chuck's sister is gift shop girl!

No, I'm just saying, you're talking like one is better then the other when you don't watch Bionic Woman. I wasn't comparing them, I just mentioned them in the same paragraph. All of a sudden theres an attack on Bionic Woman.

Which has received an order for 4 more scripts, actually. They ordered more for Chuck and Bionic Woman at the same time (along with Journeyman and Life). More scripts don't mean anything right now though, not with the impending strike.

Do you mean me for Chuck's sister? I don't like Scrubs so I don't watch it.