The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that then. Some of it might not have been what Leno expected, but these shows are taped in the afternoon and if Kimmel said anything that Leno was actually offended by, he would have cut it from the show. Hardly anything happens on these talk shows that isn't pre-planned. I find it hard to believe that asking him the hosting question was a legit question and not Leno setting Kimmel up, but that's just my two cents.

Conan is reportedly getting a 30 million dollar buyout which includes the elimination of his non-competition clause, which would have prevented him from appearing on another network until 2013. Don't know why NBC would buy him out without enforcing the non-competition clause, unless that was the only way Conan would agree to it. So he gets a ton of money AND can get a new show either on FOX or on cable or if ABC decides to do an 11:30 show.

Chuck vs. Operation Awesome was, well, awesome. Fantastic episode.

I'm glad to see Brandon Routh getting work. There's potential for a decent character there.

Good start to the season for 24. The Renee dynamic is a bit mysterious, but damn, girl's frickin' crazy now!

Just read an article saying that it would have cost 150 million to buyout Leno, as opposed to the 45 million it took to buyout Conan. It's a shame they couldn't just fire Jimmy Fallon and move everyone back to their old shows.

Good start to the season for 24. The Renee dynamic is a bit mysterious, but damn, girl's frickin' crazy now!

I gave up on 24 in the middle of last season. Was just getting too damn repetitive, and as someone who followed the show from the very beginning, I couldn't take it anymore.

Is this season at least remotely fresh?

And I read that thing about Leno's buyout too. He must have some insane lawyers :lol:

I gave up on 24 in the middle of last season. Was just getting too damn repetitive, and as someone who followed the show from the very beginning, I couldn't take it anymore.

Is this season at least remotely fresh?

Well, it definitely has the potential to be. Renee appears to be an even bigger hard ass than Jack now. She went straight from "hello" to cutting off a guy's thumb already.

Won't be too soon. He has to stay off the air for 8 months as part of his buyout.

It'd probably take that long just to get a new show ready. ^_^

I doubt it. He's already got a full crew. All he needs is a set and a contract.

My point was more that I'm sure he'll use the time to get a new show up and running.

Maybe he can get George W Bush's speechwriter.

Haven't the people suffered enough? ^_^

Suffered? I thought George's speechwriter was a comedian. You mean he's not??

I guess it's just one of those rare situations where it's hilarious and horrifying at the same time. You can laugh at the stupidity, but once it really sets in, it can rearrange the contents of your stomach.

I guess it's just one of those rare situations where it's hilarious and horrifying at the same time. You can laugh at the stupidity, but once it really sets in, it can rearrange the contents of your stomach.

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" --Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." --at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

"People say, well, do you ever hear any other voices other than, like, a few people? Of course I do." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 18, 2008

~~

Conan, on his best day, can only wish he had Bush's speechwriter and panache for delivery.

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" --Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." --at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

"People say, well, do you ever hear any other voices other than, like, a few people? Of course I do." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 18, 2008

~~

Conan, on his best day, can only wish he had Bush's speechwriter and panache for delivery.

A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven. -John Chretien

:blink:

I like some of Al Gore's best. No matter who won that 2000 election, there were going to be some funny statements.

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

"A zebra does not change its spots."

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change."

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

I like some of Al Gore's best. No matter who won that 2000 election, there were going to be some funny statements.

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

"A zebra does not change its spots."

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change."

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

The last two made me laugh hard. :clap: