The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

Who exactly is overrating it anyway.

It literally gets no attention at all.

Chuck is a lot like Firefly, IMO. There aren't a ton of fans, given the average to low ratings, but the fans they do have are die-hard and very vocal. Thus, the people who talk about it hype it up and ton, much like I do.

Ok ok the blonde chick is hot

Play Mass Effect 2.

You get to have sex with her.

Chuck is a lot like Firefly, IMO. There aren't a ton of fans, given the average to low ratings, but the fans they do have are die-hard and very vocal. Thus, the people who talk about it hype it up and ton, much like I do.

I know, I do the same but I still don't think thats enough to make something overrated.

If you went and asked a random person on the street if they liked Firefly, they'd have no idea what you're talking about. I guess it just has different meanings to different people. For a show to be overrated to me, it'd have to be like 30 Rock. Gets hardly any viewers but wins tons of awards. Then I could see how it could be overrated.

(For the record I love 30 Rock and don't think it's overrated at all, just wanted to use it as an example)

Just watched the series premiere of Spartacus. Just awful. It looks like a bad, over-the-top comic book adaptation. The effects look so fake and it's so obvious when they're in front of a green/blue screen. In one scene, there's a guy laying on the ground and "Spartacus" stabs him to death and blood flies up everywhere - behind the guy doing the stabbing, instead of between them. WTF?

Parks and Recreation was picked up for another season last night! I thought it was gone for sure although I guess doing away with Leno's crappy show is giving everything else some more leeway. The show has really grown in season 2 though and I'm glad NBC noticed.

Don't hate you as much now, NBC. :clap:

Just watched the series premiere of Spartacus. Just awful. It looks like a bad, over-the-top comic book adaptation. The effects look so fake and it's so obvious when they're in front of a green/blue screen. In one scene, there's a guy laying on the ground and "Spartacus" stabs him to death and blood flies up everywhere - behind the guy doing the stabbing, instead of between them. WTF?

Yeh, it's horrible, but I love it lol. They should really call it "Slow Motion Spartacus: Blood & Boobs".

I heard that it was renewed for a second season before the first episode even aired.

Who's pumped for LOST?

I'm stoked but kind of sad that it's the final year. Of course, I'm working tonight so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to watch the premiere.

Boy, the heaven and hell dynamic continues to get stronger on Lost. The premiere was so awesome and yet so frustrating, lol.

I thought for sure the temple was heaven and that Sayid "died" because he was going to hell. But then that wouldn't explain why they were suddenly alive again on flight 815 and then Sayid wasn't dead anymore. Has Jacob inhabited Sayid's body?

P.S. Who else had predicted that the man in black was the smoke monster?

Edited by Fanpuck33

Boy, the heaven and hell dynamic continues to get stronger on Lost. The premiere was so awesome and yet so frustrating, lol.

I thought for sure the temple was heaven and that Sayid "died" because he was going to hell. But then that wouldn't explain why they were suddenly alive again on flight 815 and then Sayid wasn't dead anymore. Has Jacob inhabited Sayid's body?

P.S. Who else had predicted that the man in black was the smoke monster?

the Jacob inhabiting Sayid's body part makes a lot of sense to me. Sayid came out of the water looking like Christ with his arms spread.

I called the man in black being the monster a while ago too, nice to see it confirmed. I first suspected it when "Locke" left Ben when Ben went to see the monster/alex, but threw out that notion because Locke couldn't possibly have been the monster haha.

And what's with the island being underwater?

Now I wonder if/when the two timelines join up. Can't wait for next episode, certainly a mind numbing premiere.

For Fanpuck, in particular:

"ABC is scheduling an episode of its impressively performing Monday drama series "Castle" on a Sunday night.

Instead of being paired with reality show "The Bachelor," the detective drama will get a lead-in from a successful fellow scripted drama -- "Desperate Housewives" -- on March 21st. According to ABC, this is the first time the Nathan Fillion series has ever been paired with a scripted drama. "

Good news, I think. The show's ratings have been boosting consistently for the last while - maybe this first pairing with a scripted show will give it that push that ensures it's picked up next year.

I can swear it was brought up in the season finale last year or something. But yeah, when those people came in to threaten "John", we all started shouting for the smoke monster to wreck some shit.

Whatever, it's not a big deal. Got to watch it in a theater. :D

"ABC is scheduling an episode of its impressively performing Monday drama series "Castle" on a Sunday night.

Instead of being paired with reality show "The Bachelor," the detective drama will get a lead-in from a successful fellow scripted drama -- "Desperate Housewives" -- on March 21st. According to ABC, this is the first time the Nathan Fillion series has ever been paired with a scripted drama. "

Good news, I think. The show's ratings have been boosting consistently for the last while - maybe this first pairing with a scripted show will give it that push that ensures it's picked up next year.

I would hope the fact that the ratings have slowly gone up each week would merit a 3rd season. Here's hoping the Sunday episode helps boost things even further.

I'll never understand all this lead-in nonsense. What difference does having a scripted show in front of it make? Isn't Dancing With the Stars pretty much the best lead-in ABC has? Hasn't Desperate Housewives been losing views every season? Doesn't The Bachelor get similar ratings to Housewives?

It's supposedly going to be a two part episode with the conclusion coming the next night. They better advertise it well, or people will easily miss the first half with it airing out of its timeslot. The show has been on the rise as it is, why fool around with it? I hope to God they're not doing this because its a crossover.

I'll never understand all this lead-in nonsense. What difference does having a scripted show in front of it make? Isn't Dancing With the Stars pretty much the best lead-in ABC has? Hasn't Desperate Housewives been losing views every season? Doesn't The Bachelor get similar ratings to Housewives?

It's supposedly going to be a two part episode with the conclusion coming the next night. They better advertise it well, or people will easily miss the first half with it airing out of its timeslot. The show has been on the rise as it is, why fool around with it? I hope to God they're not doing this because its a crossover.

Drastic example, ignoring network rights etc, to make a point.

If you put Battlestar Galactica at 8PM on Sunday night and followed it with Desperate Housewives at 9PM, how many of those Battlestar fans would keep their TV's on? 20%? Maybe?

If, however, you put on Grey's Anatomy on, let's say, Tursday's at 9PM and then move its spinoff from a Tuesday, let's call it, to Thursday at 10PM, you get a show - Private Practice - which goes from being in danger of cancellation to one that's very secure.

Just because people like to watch Dancing with the Idiots doesn't mean they'll watch Castle right afterwards. Reality TV is, of course, a whole other beast to try to understand, but unless it's Idol and the 23M who watch, the chances of rollover is lessened.

Remember, just because a marketing and placement ploy doesn't work on you doesn't mean it won't work on most other people who don't think about their TV, but just watch it without thought. When one show bleeds comfortably into the next, it makes them happy.