The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

Yeah, lots of Canadian shows air early. Chuck was on Sunday nights instead of Mondays, don't know if they still do that since I just download the show. Which reminds me, they need to get rid of World's Worst Superman.

Lost was indeed brilliant tonight. I think it's the first episode where I managed to call the entire thing as it unfolded. Usually I have crazy theories while it's on and they're pretty much never right. :lol:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/03/30/castl...ed-by-abc/46727

Castle renewed for 22 episodes next season. Really glad the show has grown throughout the season and lifted itself from any thoughts of cancellation. With Castle and Fringe already renewed, all of my focus returns to hoping for season 4 of Chuck. This season has been shaky at times, but it's been pretty good the last few weeks. Unfortunately, ratings are down and the current state of NBC is the only reason it has a decent chance to be brought back.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/03/30/castl...ed-by-abc/46727

Castle renewed for 22 episodes next season. Really glad the show has grown throughout the season and lifted itself from any thoughts of cancellation. With Castle and Fringe already renewed, all of my focus returns to hoping for season 4 of Chuck. This season has been shaky at times, but it's been pretty good the last few weeks. Unfortunately, ratings are down and the current state of NBC is the only reason it has a decent chance to be brought back.

Great news! Where's the dancing banana when you need it?

V returns tonight. Ratings from before Christmas can get tossed in the garbage. It's all about now. Curious to see if this can break out and become a legitimate show.

Chuck has mostly been lousy this year, right now I don't really care if it comes back or not.

First three episodes were awesome (two of them because of Captain Awesome), then it got kinda iffy for awhile, but it's been excellent against since the episode where Morgan found out. Excited for the Shaw story arc to come to an end - he sucks.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/04/01/abc-a...%E2%80%9D/46838

Good grief. For the next 7 weeks, ABC is going to have a countdown clock for the final episode of Lost. It is going to be displayed on ALL prime time shows on ABC. What are they thinking? That's going to be SO annoying.

Lol as someone who doesn't watch ABC shows other than Lost and Modern Family, I think that's phenomenal.

I don't know what the LOST ratings will be on the finale, I suspect they will be quite large but nothing close to MASH/Seinfeld/Friends territory, but you'd have to say that this is going to be one of the most anticipated TV events in recent memory.

Lol as someone who doesn't watch ABC shows other than Lost and Modern Family, I think that's phenomenal.

Apparently the article was posted on April 1st and if you kept reading, it just kept getting more ridiculous. Re-reading it, there was mention of Jimmy Kimmel appearing during the entire finale to announce how much time was left, including counting down the final 180 seconds - during the show.

Finally watched Dexter s1e1. It looks really nice, just as you guys and some of my friends said. Looking forward to watch the whole thing. If it wasn't 2h30 am, I'd watch 1 or 2 more episodes right now...

Anyone here watch Modern Family? I've become addicted to this show. Such a smart well written comedy. Been a while since a show like this has been on the air.

Anyone here watch Modern Family? I've become addicted to this show. Such a smart well written comedy. Been a while since a show like this has been on the air.

Yeah I don't think I've been this excited about a comedy since Seinfeld. Maybe Flight of the Conchords but that was almost more of a mini-series, Modern Family started off very strong and has only gotten better IMO.

And Joe, enjoy the ride that is Dexter. Season 1 is tremendous but in my opinion it only ranks 3rd among the 4 seasons. The first book follows the first season fairly closely, and I'd recommend giving that a read if you enjoy it.

Edited by Quebecois

Yeah I don't think I've been this excited about a comedy since Seinfeld. Maybe Flight of the Conchords but that was almost more of a mini-series, Modern Family started off very strong and has only gotten better IMO.

And Joe, enjoy the ride that is Dexter. Season 1 is tremendous but in my opinion it only ranks 3rd among the 4 seasons. The first book follows the first season fairly closely, and I'd recommend giving that a read if you enjoy it.

Modern Family is my new favourite show this season. Similar to you, I haven't been this excited about a comedy since 30 Rock aired its first season.

As for Dexter, I assume you're ranking Season 3 last place? :)

Modern Family is my new favourite show this season. Similar to you, I haven't been this excited about a comedy since 30 Rock aired its first season.

As for Dexter, I assume you're ranking Season 3 last place? :)

Yeah I rank it 4,2,1,3. Not that 3 was that bad though, it was still Dexter haha.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/04/12/conan...d-its-tbs/47988

Conan will return to television in November on TBS, bumping George Lopez's show to midnight. A real coup for them. Conan brings them big name recognition in latenight and Lopez gets a big time lead in, that TV execs are so uptight about. I had a feeling he wouldn't end up on FOX. There were just too many issues with syndicated shows on all the FOX affiliates.

More stupidity from NBC (or maybe a bad sign about Chuck's future) - they're airing the 2-hour season finale head-to-head against the series finale 24. To set this up, they had a rerun last week and will have another next week. Seriously? Why go up against 24 on purpose? How do they think it's a good idea to go up against the series finale of a long running show?

Speaking of 24, I'm very mad at last night's episode. Was it really to much to ask for Jack to end the show happy?

• 2 weeks later...

Dang, just found out Brent Butt's new show is on the air. Looked it up on YouTube and found a channel made by the same people who put up a lot of Corner Gas episodes. Unfortunately, CTV isn't being as nice with Hiccups as they were with Corner Gas and all the Hiccups episodes were removed. I wish countries weren't so stingy when it comes to letting people watch there shows. What does CTV gain by limiting viewership to Canada - a crappy deal with a US cable channel like Corner Gas got that lasted for like a year?

Dang, just found out Brent Butt's new show is on the air. Looked it up on YouTube and found a channel made by the same people who put up a lot of Corner Gas episodes. Unfortunately, CTV isn't being as nice with Hiccups as they were with Corner Gas and all the Hiccups episodes were removed. I wish countries weren't so stingy when it comes to letting people watch there shows. What does CTV gain by limiting viewership to Canada - a crappy deal with a US cable channel like Corner Gas got that lasted for like a year?

Says the guy from the US where half the shows are unavailable in Canada. :P