The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

A thug saying they'd rape Harley Quinn isn't too bad?

It's a double entendre so it doesn't bother me.. She could also mean she just wants to beat her up which is probably how I took it when it came up in the game.

I mean it's not great but it's not something I'd get jumpy over either.

The basic premise is that a US Marshall (I think that's what he starts out as) is chasing down his runaway teenage daughter. They come across the town of Eureka and things start going weird. It turns out, Eureka is the home of the country/world's greatest scientists and everyone in the town is essentially a genius. He ends up becoming the sheriff and has to figure out how to save the town each week from experiments gone wrong. Felicia became a pretty significant part of the show this season.

You didn't ask about Warehouse 13, but I'll go there anyway. If you'll recall the end of the first Indiana Jones, they lock the Ark of the Covenant in a secret warehouse (which is revisited in the latest movie). This is basically a spin-off of that idea, as secret service agents guard a warehouse full of supernatural artifacts of historical importance and track down artifacts that are causing trouble. Very good chemistry between the leads makes it an excellent show.

Ok, I am definitely checking both of these out once my winter break gets here.

I've been really bad at remembering Chuck is on Fridays, I keep watching it on Mondays or Tuesdays so I only just watched the last new one today. Except I think this last one is over a week old.

But anyway, that might be my favourite episode of Chuck ever. I've never laughed out loud at the show that much and that was some cold-blooded shit from Casey at the end. Holy crap. Well deserved obviously but I did not see it coming. Friggin awesome.

WTF @ Walking Dead

SOPHIA'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD, DAMMIT!

:(

I thought that whole scene was AMAZING. As soon as Sophia walks out of the barn everyones face just drops. I think they all just realized that they weren't just killing walkers they were killing slaughtering Herschells family in front of his face.

I thought that whole scene was AMAZING. As soon as Sophia walks out of the barn everyones face just drops. I think they all just realized that they weren't just killing walkers they were killing slaughtering Herschells family in front of his face.

Umm... spoiler alert? Some of us work shift work and can't watch the episodes right away :P

Fantastic scene though.

Well shoot, this might be the first Friday where I watch Chuck right away, haha. You've got me excited. I saw Danny Pudi (Abed) say he was on tonight's episode on his twitter. Looking forward to that too.

Also is it bad I keep re-watching Troy and Annie's song from last night (well this morning for me)? For completely different reasons obviously. =P

And now I just watched Community.

It wrinkled my brain.

I've just discovered Community and am still in the process of catching up. I'm almost done Season 1.

And I'm completely smitten with Alison Brie. :wub:

And I'm completely smitten with Alison Brie. :wub:

Yeah, I am too.

You'll love this newest episode when you get to it.

Loved it.

I thought Jim Rash killed it at the end with only two lines.

His tone of voice when he said "Oh, Britta is in this?" and then "Why don't we let Britta sing her awkward song!"

He killed me with both of those lines.

Planning to check out Terra Nova, Community and Castle, while catching up on Person of Interest during the winter break. Anyone got other suggestions? So u can tell which kinda shows I like, I watch Chuck, How I met Your Mother, Entourage and 24, so pretty much open to everything...

I marathoned season two of The Walking Dead last night. (Spoilers, obviously)

This is a cool show. I like the relationships that are building within the group, how networks of friends and enemies are building and shifting - X is friends with Y and Z but Y and Z don't like eachother and are close to different people in the group. The characters are all pretty cool too. The only ones I don't like are (I forget their names) but the black guy who cut his arm and Sophia's mom because they don't seem to really add much to the gruop, and also Carl because I think the boy's an annoyingly bad actor. I'd prefer a more realistic kid. I also didn't like Sophia and was happy she died. The best part about that scene for me was that they had been searching for her for days and finally realized that she had been right next to them all along, already bitten.

At the end of the first season I was worried Season Two would be about finding the cure for the epidemic. But that thought never even surfaced throughout the entire season. Instead it went back to surviving. That's the real strength of the show: that it isn't about saving the world, winning the war, or finding an eternal solution to the zombie apocalypse - it's just about surviving in this world, hand to mouth, day to day, moment to moment, in nature red in tooth and claw.

My favourite moment so far was Shayne saving himself at the end of Episode 3, where he shot (I think) Otis, the fat guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Started Dexter 6 a few days ago. I'm at episode 4.

The 4 horses scene at the end of the 3rd was sick !!!

Yeh, there's a lot of sick imagery in this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Season 3 of Breaking Bad. Almost caught up!

It reminds me of Death Note. Any Death Note fans out there??