The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

Also watched Teadstone ... a tangental "spin-off" from the Bourne movies (Treadstone being the group that "made" Jason Bourne) ... well written, good performances and overall interesting ... I enjoyed it ... but it is almost as if the season ends at the midpoint of the story they are telling ... was looking forward to season 2 to resolve some story threads, but it seems it has been cancelled by USA Network due to moderate matings and a change to their programming approach ... but apparently (according to some TV columnists/bloggers) it has done well on DVD and "syndication", so perhaps the actual producers can peddle it to another broadcaster/network/content-provider.

• 4 weeks later...

Paramount has a TV station apparently.  Found a new, original show during free preview called "Yellowstone" that is quite good (about 8 episodes in).

Other classics worth mentioning (not new): Shameless (US version), The Boondocks, Greg the Bunny as a few that may or may not be previously mentioned.

Currently a show in Canada on History network called "Alone" that I dig as well.

20 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

Paramount has a TV station apparently.  Found a new, original show during free preview called "Yellowstone" that is quite good (about 8 episodes in).

Other classics worth mentioning (not new): Shameless (US version), The Boondocks, Greg the Bunny as a few that may or may not be previously mentioned.

Currently a show in Canada on History network called "Alone" that I dig as well.

Greg the Bunny :wub:

On 8/14/2020 at 12:35 PM, JoeLassister said:

Greg the Bunny :wub:

It had been so long I had to look up the name. Don’t meet many people Who know it.

I’ve watched it twice many years ago and am curious if it stands up to time. Gonna have to find it online.

18 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

It had been so long I had to look up the name. Don’t meet many people Who know it.

I’ve watched it twice many years ago and am curious if it stands up to time. Gonna have to find it online.

I "watched" an episode  in a bar in Scotland in 2010 (or 2011).  Even if it was on mute, I was laughing and decided to buy the DVD  as soon as I came back home.

Now that the Habs playoffs are over I need to find some new panem and circenses.

I searched and it didnt come up so I'm wondering if anyone has seen Letterkenny?  It is incredibly funny, and sort of reminds me of the Trailer Park Boys in the sense that its ridiculously stupid but its almost impossible to not laugh at it.  The show is based in a small town in Ontario and somewhat involves hockey.

Did anyone see the 2 Don Cherry movies?  The creator and star of Letterkenny played Cherry - and he did an amazing job.  He also was in another show that I thought was really good too called 19-2,  which was a Cop show that was based in Montreal. 

On 8/22/2020 at 6:58 PM, Sir_Boagalott said:

Now that the Habs playoffs are over I need to find some new panem and circenses.

I searched and it didnt come up so I'm wondering if anyone has seen Letterkenny?  It is incredibly funny, and sort of reminds me of the Trailer Park Boys in the sense that its ridiculously stupid but its almost impossible to not laugh at it.  The show is based in a small town in Ontario and somewhat involves hockey.

Did anyone see the 2 Don Cherry movies?  The creator and star of Letterkenny played Cherry - and he did an amazing job.  He also was in another show that I thought was really good too called 19-2,  which was a Cop show that was based in Montreal. 

I had Letterkenny on my Hulu queue, but didn't get to it before I paused my subscription.  I'm generally not a fan of stupid comedy, but Canadian stupid is usually better than American stupid, so I do plan on giving it a shot at some point.  I must have been really bored at some point, because I actually did see the Don Cherry movies. I found him amusing when we wasn't going too far, but I generally didn't like him, so I'm not quite sure why I did. But they actually were pretty good. I got a little bit of sick enjoyment out of his son being so mad at Montreal.

If you want something more serious to go with Letterkenny, I can't suggest Person of Interest highly enough if you haven't seen it before. Great premise, great characters, great balance of serial/episodic, and unlike so many shows, a great ending.

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote numerous replies to this but my browser kept crashing.

I thought the Cherry documentaries were good, but that was mainly due to Jared Keeso playing him.  I couldn't really picture anybody being able to play Cherry but he did an amazing job and totally pulled it off.  I dont think its possible for another actor to have played Cherry better.

I find Letterkenny to be really funny, but its mainly the insults they say because they are constantly chirping other people and the comebacks are usually even funnier.

I honestly dont watch a lot of regular network TV shows.  I've had decent access to TV shows for years so I mainly watch specialty channels shows.  ex:  in the early 2000's I was big into HBO's Six Feet Under, The Wire, Rome - those were all great shows. 

I have seen Person of Interest and it was decent but I didnt follow every ep.   For reg TV shows I definitely watch the Blacklist - thats a really good show. 

I also watched The Good Wife and thought it was really good though I dont know anyone else that watched it.  It's sort of a Law show but there a lot more to it and every ep theres a law case so there lots of cameos of other lawyers they are up against and different judges that are returning characters.  Micheal J Fox is in numerous eps and plays 1 of the other lawyers and he's the biggest sleazeball lawyer on the show so every ep he is in is definitely worth seeing.   There is even a spin off of it called The Good Fight and its alright.  The redhead from Game of Thrones was on it but she left the show after se2.   

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2020 at 4:11 PM, Fanpuck33 said:

Really liking Transplant, the Canadian medical drama that CBS picked up down here in the states to fill air time with. Hope it sticks around.

It was renewed in Canada back in the summer so if the ratings are decent in the US, perhaps it'll be used as a summer series next year (assuming we have a 'normal' TV season first).

• 3 weeks later...