The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

I have no idea where Lost is going, really looking forward to it though.

First question is, how much are we going to see of the present time, and then how much of it is going to be of them going back to the island?

I hope Desmond isnt done, one of my favourite characters. Overall a pretty good season, with the best episodes being the Finale and The Constant.

I was happy with the way they handled Desmond, I actually think he's done. He should be one of the first characters to actually get a happy ending to the time on their island. Unless he counts in bringing everyone back. Think they're gonna have to bring Walt back as well? Sawyer is still a big part of the show though so I'm sure we'll still be seeing a lot of the island. They were hinting a lot at a story with Charlotte and the island as well, plus theres Locke who is now the leader of The Others. Theres still a lot of story happening on the island.

I'd also like to say I don't think Jin is dead.

And a weird comment on another board I go to, someone said he thought moving the island would end up being the cause for the 2004 Tsunami. If you've seen whereabout the creators have said the island is and then figure out the approximate time period the show is at....it kinda makes sense.

• 1 month later...

I loved Lost as well. Next season looks good...and we might actually get an answer or two...Finally !

However, as for current series, I'm currently stuck on Rent -a- Goalie and of course can't wait for the return of my favourite.... Heroes in September !

I loved Lost as well. Next season looks good...and we might actually get an answer or two...Finally !

However, as for current series, I'm currently stuck on Rent -a- Goalie and of course can't wait for the return of my favourite.... Heroes in September !

It's my favourite too but last season was garbage. They started killing a lot of the annoying characters off though right at the end so I've got hope that Season 3 will be great. Sylar with his powers back should fuel the series again.

I'm excited to see Fringe, Abrams newest TV show on FOX. It's apparently a mix between Lost, Heroes and X-Files.

It's my favourite too but last season was garbage. They started killing a lot of the annoying characters off though right at the end so I've got hope that Season 3 will be great. Sylar with his powers back should fuel the series again.

I'm excited to see Fringe, Abrams newest TV show on FOX. It's apparently a mix between Lost, Heroes and X-Files.

2 things...

1) when does Fringe start?

B) season 3 for Heroes will be the shit, they have 9 new characters to introduce, including a nemesis for Hiro (and she's hot too :) ).

1. September 9th

2. I was dissapointed with hearing about more new characters but I went to wiki to check it out and it seems like they're all villains. Thats got a whole lot of potential so Sylar should be limited to fighting with, I'd assume, Peter instead of just going around terrorizing everyone. Tim Kring seems to be making his own little universe now.

• 1 month later...

Have to say that I can't wait for the next season of the Amazing Race, one of my favourite shows out there, and perhaps the best reality TV (although BB is always a classic).

On the French side, I discovered the Kaamelott series last time I was in France, and have been watching it online since. It's a short segments type comedy in the "Un gars une fille" mold which takes place in medieval times with many popular characters such as King Arthur, Merlin, etc. I think you can watch it on local television here, but I have no idea where or when, I can't watch the francophone programming here (except for hockey on RDS of course ;) ).

Another French show I like to watch online (this one I doubt you can watch on TV here) is the hilarious satirical puppet news show called Les Guignols de l'Info. They sure love to make fun of Americans with their Stallone army soldiers, and an idiotic, completely moronic George W.

Edited by CerebusClone

I watch Heroes, Dexter and Lost mostly, but I am eager to see The Fringe

I was partial to Chuck last season I'm not sure it will be back.

How about a mini-thread within this thread?

Which CSI's do you love: Vegas, Miami, New York, or all of them?

(The correct answer is all of them)

Miami the best by far.... I love Grissom but the other main CSI's are just brutal (I've only seen NY once)

Miami the best by far.... I love Grissom but the other main CSI's are just brutal (I've only seen NY once)

Why wouldn't Chuck be back? It was renewed for a whole season even before the writer's strike was over...

How about a mini-thread within this thread?

Which CSI's do you love: Vegas, Miami, New York, or all of them?

(The correct answer is all of them)

Damn, I got it wrong.

My answer is Vegas. The other two are terrible (especially Miami)

Grissom isn't on CSI anymore, he's been replaced by Laurence Fishburne.

And of course Chuck is back, it premieres on the 29th. Although it's numbers were way down when it came back in January, I don't think most people knew it had new episodes though. I know I didn't. Monday is gonna be killer though, I watched the Prison Break premiere this week as a last ditch effort to get my interest back and it worked. Two shows have to be downloaded because Terminator is going head to head with Chuck (Terminator wins my TV viewing) and Prison Break is going up against Heroes (Heroes wins my TV viewing)

So my Tuesday nights are going to be Fringe, Chuck and Prison Break. I don't think I have anything for Wednesdays and Thursdays will be loaded but not until the new year. Lost won't start till then and 30 Rock doesn't start until October 30th so for the time being it's just Earl and The Office.

Dexter is awesome, one of the best TV shows I've seen in a long time. Can't wait for the new season to start (at least the trailer is available).

Yeah me too. Even though Heroes is my absolute favourite, Dexter is very close behind, and to think it happened by luck.

I watched the first season of Dexter last year on the CTV feed (a year behind HBO/Showtime) after hearing the hype and was hooked. Since, then I have picked up both season 1 & 2 on DVD and crash watched both seasons in the last 3 weeks or so. I am now ready and pumped for season 3 this fall.

Almost forgot..........

I just finished wtaching the premier episode of The Fringe. It was kinda slow, but the first shows are always slow to some extent to establish character and direction of the show. Overall I liked it, and I think it will only get better as the story opens more and more. Very X-Files feel to it.

Edited by Habitforming

10,000th post!

It's that time of year again. Summer shows are starting to come to an end and Fox has even premiered some shows.

Might as well start the season with a good, old fashioned list:

Saturday and Sunday: Nothing but football

Monday: Chuck (Sep 29), Heroes (Sep 22), 24 (Nov 23, then early Jan)

Tuesday: NCIS (Sep 23), *Fringe (Sep 9), Eureka (summer run)

Wednesday: Bones (Sep 3), Mythbusters (varies, new eps running now)

Thursday: Lost (early 2009), Burn Notice (summer run ends Sep 18)

Friday: Monk and Psych (summer run ends Sep 12), **Crusoe (Oct 17)

TBA: Scrubs as a mid season replacement on ABC

* Watched the premiere and it wasn't too bad. Nothing to get real excited about, but it seems like a decent X-Files knock-off.

** I obviously haven't seen it yet, but the concept intrigues me. I am interested to see if Sean Bean is some sort of villain, he always seems to be a bad guy.

Fanpuck, we already had one going.

Why not just post there?

That thread was 3 years old. My thread has become an annual thing. It started out as the 24 thread and developed into the general TV thread since more and more shows were becoming serialized and we were discussing them on a weekly basis.

Plus I needed a nice, big thread for my 10,000th post. ;)

That thread was 3 years old. My thread has become an annual thing. It started out as the 24 thread and developed into the general TV thread since more and more shows were becoming serialized and we were discussing them on a weekly basis.

Plus I needed a nice, big thread for my 10,000th post. ;)

Who cares how old it was? The latest post is from 2 days ago.. Edit: Nevermind, last post is from one minute ago. :D

I don't like having a new thread for every TV season, I like being able to just look back in the same thread to see talk about older episodes which is why I started the general thread. Having to search and jump around threads is just annoying and cuts into the flow.

Edited by jetsniper

Yeah me too. Even though Heroes is my absolute favourite, Dexter is very close behind, and to think it happened by luck.

I watched the first season of Dexter last year on the CTV feed (a year behind HBO/Showtime) after hearing the hype and was hooked. Since, then I have picked up both season 1 & 2 on DVD and crash watched both seasons in the last 3 weeks or so. I am now ready and pumped for season 3 this fall.

Almost forgot..........

I just finished wtaching the premier episode of The Fringe. It was kinda slow, but the first shows are always slow to some extent to establish character and direction of the show. Overall I liked it, and I think it will only get better as the story opens more and more. Very X-Files feel to it.

I taped Fringe but just haven't felt like watching it. I'm just not that excited about it anymore especially considering I have an already bloated TV schedule. Although if I really wanted to cut it down, I'd just end up watching Heroes and The Office. Only two shows that matter (although Heroes has to deliver this season, otherwise it's on its last legs)

There. All threads merged into one, giant mess of a thread. Happy? Was it really that important to you that your thread be the "official" tv thread? So much for yearly traditions and 10,000th posts.

Who cares how old it was? The latest post is from 2 days ago.

Before that the last post was over a year ago. An entire season of TV went on in the meantime.

• 4 weeks later...

A couple things

- Does anyone watch Dragon's Den? The newest Dragon is my dads boss that I keep talking about. He owns part of the Flames so thats how I get to all the hockey games I see (seeing the Avs in 3 weeks and Sens in December) and his vacation home in Windemere is where I've spent my last...5 summer vacations.

Notthing really interesting, just a weird little tidbit I thought I'd share.

- Heroes has been about a billion times better then last season so far. If they canned Ali Larter, I would have zero problems with this season.

-Chuck has been good too but man, the way too obvious product placement is downright embarassing. From last nights episode for example

vlcsnap-84562.png

I remember there was a couple really bad ones for Call of Duty 4 and Guitar Hero last week as well.