The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

I also absolutely love The Big Bang Theory. I've also really gotten into Big Love and have always been a huge House fan.

Cant wait for shows like Weeds and Entourage to come back this summer!

Yeah, Scrubs has gotten back to its roots. Not as much outrageously silly stuff this season, with a more serious overall tone that makes the funny stuff even funnier. When I first heard that they were considering continuing the show without Zach Braff, I pretty much wanted to cry. Meeting the new interns, though, and I think I might actually enjoy a spin-off. If you haven't already, you should check out the Interns webisodes online, they're pretty good.

While I have liked 24, I will admit it's nothing new. I would enjoy a season with a totally outside threat without a single mole. Now THAT would be a shocker!

A Spinoff would work IMO if Dr. Cox stayed on and a new lead intern were introduced. Turk would have to go since Carla and JD are gone, Eliott would probably have to go too although i think it's possible for her to stay.

The Janitor and all of the amazing bit characters staying on, I think it could work.

What sucks about 24 is that I really enjoyed Redemption and liked where the show was heading, but by the 2nd or 3rd episode it felt like I had seen everything before. When Agent Walker was "killed" by Jack it was the last straw for me, an exact copy of what Jack had to do in season 1 to Nina.

I also absolutely love The Big Bang Theory. I've also really gotten into Big Love and have always been a huge House fan.

Cant wait for shows like Weeds and Entourage to come back this summer!

Big Bang Theory is awesome !!!!!!!

My favourite show right now is How I met Your Mother

Cobie Smulders (Robin) is HOT (and she's canadian)

Yeah, Scrubs has gotten back to its roots. Not as much outrageously silly stuff this season, with a more serious overall tone that makes the funny stuff even funnier. When I first heard that they were considering continuing the show without Zach Braff, I pretty much wanted to cry. Meeting the new interns, though, and I think I might actually enjoy a spin-off. If you haven't already, you should check out the Interns webisodes online, they're pretty good.

I love Jo/Denise. She's my favourite.

That was just syndication, I mean new episodes.

I know. I meant that if they're willing to fund new episodes, it's a good sign they wish they hadn't let the rights to the re-runs slips away. I hope they do pry the re-runs away from Comedy Central, they always aired it at better times.

I know. I meant that if they're willing to fund new episodes, it's a good sign they wish they hadn't let the rights to the re-runs slips away. I hope they do pry the re-runs away from Comedy Central, they always aired it at better times.

I don't know, you can only keep showing the same episodes over so many times. AS has had so much great original content, makes sense to make more room for it. New Futurama episodes would net them a crapload more viewers though.

Makes me wonder who would get it in Canada if Cartoon Network got it since YTV and Teletoon both air episodes nightly. I'd have to think Teletoon.

• 1 month later...
Right, I forgot about Leno's new show. No, I knew the ratings weren't great but NBC has always had more of a willingness to stick it out with shows over other networks so I was hoping they'd keep it up with Chuck.

Yeah, they mistreated Scrubs for years, but it ended up lasting 7 years on the network.

Just looking over their schedule, I know Chopping Block already has the axe. Life has been doing worse than Chuck lately. Medium has done decently and has been close to cancellation before. ER is ending. Kings has bombed big time. Friday Night Lights apparently got two more seasons thanks to the DirecTV deal.

If NBC does ditch Chuck, I think there's a chance that instead of canceling it completely, they might shift it over to USA network like they did with Criminal Intent. I think Chuck would be a nice fit to pair up with Burn Notice or take Monk's time slot when the show ends next season.

Wow, Life is still on? I thought that was canceled a while ago. I watched the entire first season of Friday Night Lights, I was expecting something a lot different. Garbage show, just turned out to be The OC with a little bit of football thrown in. It'd be a sham if that lasted longer then Chuck.

What network it's on doesn't bother me since Chuck is a show I download. It's on right before 24 and I don't want to sit in front of the TV for that long. Just as long as someone has it so it can continue getting put up on the internet, lol. Plus it's REALLY getting interesting now with all this Orion stuff. If they cut it off here, I'd be super pissed off.

News reports has the network working hard to keep Chuck. They like the show, they've invested a lot in the show, the fans like the show, even the critics like the show. It's just viewership that's down, but apparently they think that may come up as well. From what I'm led to believe, Chuck has a better than average chance of staying.

News reports has the network working hard to keep Chuck. They like the show, they've invested a lot in the show, the fans like the show, even the critics like the show. It's just viewership that's down, but apparently they think that may come up as well. From what I'm led to believe, Chuck has a better than average chance of staying.

Yeah, that's what gives me hope for the show. They've always advertised it a lot and the early renewal last year definitely implied execs have a soft spot for the show, as it easily could have been a victim of the writer's strike. I wish there was a way to take DVRing into account for ratings. The biggest reason ratings are down is because Fox moved House to the same time slot, but you know a large percentage of people who are watching House instead of Chuck are taping Chuck and watching it later.

Speaking of NBC shows, I'm guessing Jets liked Heroes this week. Another Ali Larter triplet down, only one to go. :lol:

Yeah, that's what gives me hope for the show. They've always advertised it a lot and the early renewal last year definitely implied execs have a soft spot for the show, as it easily could have been a victim of the writer's strike. I wish there was a way to take DVRing into account for ratings. The biggest reason ratings are down is because Fox moved House to the same time slot, but you know a large percentage of people who are watching House instead of Chuck are taping Chuck and watching it later.

Speaking of NBC shows, I'm guessing Jets liked Heroes this week. Another Ali Larter triplet down, only one to go. :lol:

They do have a way to take DVRing into account. Those numbers come out a couple of days after the regular numbers come out. Biggest gainers are things like Chuck and Life.

I haven't really watched Heroes since it came back, I was gonna watch them all this summer because I got so far behind. You spoiled the moment for me. :(

• 4 weeks later...

TV Guide's Top 10 (they really mean 11) list of shows that will probably get cancelled

1. Chuck (well f*ck)

2. Samantha Who

3. Gary Unmarried

4. Kings

5. Dollhouse

6. Terminator: SCC

7. Reaper

8. Life

9. Worst Week

10. Knight Rider

11. Private Practice

Next week could likely be the last episode of Chuck ever. :( The shows creators are already considering it the series finale so they've prepared for if they don't get picked up again next year. It's supposed to be "satisfying"

Next week could likely be the last episode of Chuck ever. :( The shows creators are already considering it the series finale so they've prepared for if they don't get picked up again next year. It's supposed to be "satisfying"

I looked around for that article, and found this quote: "If, in two weeks, that is the last episode of the show to ever air, it will be one of the least satisfying finales of all time. Chris Fedak, the guy who created the show, said people will set their living rooms on fire."

I will be extremely pissed if they cancel Chuck without trying to find it a different time slot. Other shows they move around all the time trying to make it work. For goodness sake, no show is going to do well against a ratings juggernaut like Dancing with the Stars and an established show like House. You put Chuck on Friday at 8 and it would likely finish 2nd to Ghost Whisperer. Another thing I'm hoping for is Medium to get the axe. From what I've read, it would be dark for an 8 or 9 PM show and they'd have to make some significant changes. It's been on the chopping block before, so maybe it can be the show to take the fall on Monday night.

lol, conflicting opinions from the shows creators cause the article I read had Josh Schwartz saying fans will be really happy with it.

This....does not comfort me. Last week could've been a season finale on its own.

TV Guide's Top 10 (they really mean 11) list of shows that will probably get cancelled

1. Chuck (well f*ck)

2. Samantha Who

3. Gary Unmarried

4. Kings

5. Dollhouse

6. Terminator: SCC

7. Reaper

8. Life

9. Worst Week

10. Knight Rider

11. Private Practice

Apparently the Guide didn't get the notice. Knight Rider was cancelled weeks ago because it's the worst show ever to air on primetime. Okay, my exaggeration, but I loved the original and this was brutal to the extreme highlighted by TERRIBLE acting.

Typical that shows like Life and Kings are getting axed (can't comment as to Chuck, I never watched it). They're more intelligent than the average show out there and the viewing public, by and large, are complete morons who don't want to think at all. I'm surprised Fringe has lasted this long, though I suspect it's because all the old X-Files fans are desperately clinging to a sci-fi intelligent show. Boston Legal was canned because it was WAY too intelligent (and I'd like to point out that its numbers were significantly above some of the shows that will remain).

Well, a caveat to that. Apparently the numbers the networks care about most is the 18-49 share. Which, I have to say, is completely ridiculous since everyone with half a brain knows that the baby boomers are the ones retiring, the ones with the time, and the ones with the excess cash to spend. Completely blind from the networks, if you ask me. They cater to poor kids rather than the people with the money - you know, the ones they should be targeting the ads to?

Stupid, stupid, stupid. They should all be fired. I'm really holding back here, because I know some of the choice words I have have been axed by a mod or two in the past. :P

I'm surprised Fringe has lasted this long, though I suspect it's because all the old X-Files fans are desperately clinging to a sci-fi intelligent show.

JJ Abrams is one of the biggest names out there today as well, having him as the creator helps give it some life as well. My dad loves the show, I find it terribly boring.

Apparently the numbers the networks care about most is the 18-49 share. Which, I have to say, is completely ridiculous since everyone with half a brain knows that the baby boomers are the ones retiring, the ones with the time, and the ones with the excess cash to spend. Completely blind from the networks, if you ask me. They cater to poor kids rather than the people with the money - you know, the ones they should be targeting the ads to?

Stupid, stupid, stupid. They should all be fired. I'm really holding back here, because I know some of the choice words I have have been axed by a mod or two in the past. :P

Hey, come on, whos more likely to buy an iPhone? The 22 year old who wants to be cool or the 62 year old who has no idea how to turn it on, let alone use it.

(22 was just a random age I chose and has no relation to the fact I am 22 as well. Nor the fact I reaaaaaally want an iPhone. Honest. *shifty eyes*)

Apparently the Guide didn't get the notice. Knight Rider was cancelled weeks ago because it's the worst show ever to air on primetime. Okay, my exaggeration, but I loved the original and this was brutal to the extreme highlighted by TERRIBLE acting.

Yeah, seeing that on the list gave me up the author is an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Typical that shows like Life and Kings are getting axed (can't comment as to Chuck, I never watched it). They're more intelligent than the average show out there and the viewing public, by and large, are complete morons who don't want to think at all. I'm surprised Fringe has lasted this long, though I suspect it's because all the old X-Files fans are desperately clinging to a sci-fi intelligent show. Boston Legal was canned because it was WAY too intelligent (and I'd like to point out that its numbers were significantly above some of the shows that will remain).

I think Kings was doomed by it's concept. The series premiere of the show bombed miserably, so nobody was drawn in by the premise of the show. I don't think it has anything to do with being an intelligent show. Chuck definitely isn't an intelligent show, which is one reason it's so much fun. It's in no way stupid, but it's fun, goofy, sexy, and exciting. As for Fringe, I can't imagine that it's in any danger of cancellation. It's competing with Bones and 24 to be the network's second highest rated scripted show. Many of the episodes have rated higher than the show's premiere, which is a great sign.

Well, a caveat to that. Apparently the numbers the networks care about most is the 18-49 share. Which, I have to say, is completely ridiculous since everyone with half a brain knows that the baby boomers are the ones retiring, the ones with the time, and the ones with the excess cash to spend. Completely blind from the networks, if you ask me. They cater to poor kids rather than the people with the money - you know, the ones they should be targeting the ads to?

Yeah, quite stupid. People below 50 are the ones who are getting laid off, have house and car payments to make, etc. Even without those things I've never understood why the 18-49 demographic is so important. If older people are buying things too, why should advertisers care? That's one good sign for Chuck, it's ratings in that demographic have been on the rise in recent weeks.

I'll use the spoiler thingy in case someone hasn't seen tonight's episode of Chuck.

Tonight's episode without a doubt should have been the season finale. It would have been an excellent way to end a show that might not be back next year. It had good elements of closure - Chuck is rid of the intersect, Morgan making his dream happen, the implication that Chuck and Sarah will be together, Chuck's family reunited, etc. It also had enough elements to keep people wondering during the summer. Will Chuck and Sarah really be together? Is Morgan really leaving? How can the show go on if Chuck isn't the intersect anymore? This episode was a perfect opportunity to not totally piss off fans if the series is canceled. I'll be even more pissed at NBC if they air a cliffhanger and then cancel it.