The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

As a new rule I don't watch shows that just started airing. I wait until they're a few seasons in to hear if they're worth it or not :P

Haha, I just started doing that with Entourage last week. Almost done season 2, I'm glad I kept going after season 1 because at that point I was hating it. Season 2 changed my mind though.

Haha, I just started doing that with Entourage last week. Almost done season 2, I'm glad I kept going after season 1 because at that point I was hating it. Season 2 changed my mind though.

Yeah the series really gets going in Season 2.

That's effing awesome! I remember seeing him, but it didn't dawn on me that it was the same character name.

Same, I didn't realize it till I was browsing imdb at midnight a couple months ago, haha.

• 1 month later...
Just watched Flash Forward, looks like a good candidate to fill my Lost once the final season finishes.

Another new show to check out is Modern Family. It's a mockumentary style show on ABC, the premiere had me in stitches.

Modern Family was great. Courtney Cox's Couger Town is the best comedy I've seen in a very, very long time. If MF had me laughing a lot, CT had me rolling on the floor and rewinding to see what I'd missed.

Glee is a bit hit or miss so far. Sometimes it seems to be just one big promo for the songs available on itunes. The pregnancy thing is getting a bit tiresome as well. Still funny though. "you think that's hard? I'm living with hepatitis! That's hard!"

Flash Forward premiered last night. Basically everbody on the planet blacksout for 2min 17seconds at the same time but instead of being unconscious they have a vision of the same exact date/time in the future.

Now they're trying to figure out how to stop what's going to happen... one guy see's a dead family member he thought he lost, another girl sees herself having an affair, one guy sees nothing and thinks he's goign to be dead... etc.

Edited by nhfarber

Flash Forward premiered last night. Basically everbody on the planet blacksout for 2min 17seconds at the same time but instead of being unconscious they have a vision of the same exact date/time in the future.

Now they're trying to figure out how to stop what's going to happen... one guy see's a dead family member he thought he lost, another girl sees herself having an affair, one guy sees nothing and thinks he's goign to be dead... etc.

Sounds like a future epic fail

Flash Forward won its time slot so hopefully the success continues. I'm always cautious of getting attached to shows that might be on the road to cancellation.

Modern Family was great. Courtney Cox's Couger Town is the best comedy I've seen in a very, very long time. If MF had me laughing a lot, CT had me rolling on the floor and rewinding to see what I'd missed.

I watched Cougar Town too, mostly for Courtney Cox...that aspect didn't disappoint but I didn't find the show to be particularly funny to be honest. I'll probably give it another chance next week though.

It's two years in a row now that absolutely nothing has caught my eye when it comes to new shows. Everything looks terrible.

Last time I was excited about a new show was Heroes and that went down the drain pretty fast, I don't even watch it anymore.

It's two years in a row now that absolutely nothing has caught my eye when it comes to new shows. Everything looks terrible.

Last time I was excited about a new show was Heroes and that went down the drain pretty fast, I don't even watch it anymore.

Game of Thrones is just about cast for the pilot.

New Shows I'm Trying:

Community: Nothing special yet, but I like Joel McHale.

NCIS: LA: Didn't expect to be impressed, and I wasn't

the forgotten: Has potential, I like the setup

Cougar Town: Decent

Eastwick: Pretty much a chick show, it was average, but I like the people in it

Flash Forward: Really liked it, but I worry that they won't know what to do with it long term

Flash Forward: Really liked it, but I worry that they won't know what to do with it long term

My thoughts exactly, I wonder if they will be able to keep up with the level of suspense from the pilot episode.

My thoughts exactly, I wonder if they will be able to keep up with the level of suspense from the pilot episode.

It seems like the only way it could work as a long term show (4+ seasons) would be if each season were a new flash, while the origin of the flashes are part of the overall mythos of the show, not being fully revealed till the series finale. If they try to drag out this flash for multiple seasons, I think it will get pretty stale.

Many people thought the same thing about Lost though. How can you have a whole series about a bunch of survivors on an island? I'm hopeful it will work out in similar fashion for Flash Forward.