The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

Says the guy from the US where half the shows are unavailable in Canada. :P

Half? That's quite an exaggeration. The only shows that have come up in my conversations with Canadians about TV that are not available up there are some of the shows on USA network. Really, I don't understand it either way. The stuff they advertise on Hulu isn't unique to the US and I'm sure a lot of the ads on CTV aren't unique to Canada. Our two countries need to do a better job of sharing.

Seriously, though, why do you think CTV is being so protective of Hiccups? Even now, every episode of Corner Gas is on YouTube. You would think they would also take those down to help with DVD sales. I also find it hilarious how much Amazon charges for Canadian exports. Season 6 of Corner Gas costs something like 60 bucks plus shipping, while I can get it from the Canadian Amazon for half that.

Half? That's quite an exaggeration. The only shows that have come up in my conversations with Canadians about TV that are not available up there are some of the shows on USA network. Really, I don't understand it either way. The stuff they advertise on Hulu isn't unique to the US and I'm sure a lot of the ads on CTV aren't unique to Canada. Our two countries need to do a better job of sharing.

Seriously, though, why do you think CTV is being so protective of Hiccups? Even now, every episode of Corner Gas is on YouTube. You would think they would also take those down to help with DVD sales. I also find it hilarious how much Amazon charges for Canadian exports. Season 6 of Corner Gas costs something like 60 bucks plus shipping, while I can get it from the Canadian Amazon for half that.

I've told you a million times I don't exaggerate.

Now it's starting to make sense. Shortly after the YouTube videos of Hiccups were taken down, Ben Silverman's (former NBC Entertainment head) new company bought the US and international distribution rights. When Corner Gas got big on YouTube, the contract with WGN had already run out, so CTV must not have cared about non-Canadians having access to it (although you'd think they would want to protect DVD sales).

Edited by Fanpuck33

• 1 month later...

What was everyone's take on the series finale of LOST? Obviously, I knew that they couldn't answer EVERY question that popped up over the 6 season, so I thought they did a pretty good job wrapping things up. It was really nice to see

all the ill-fated couples re-united in the end

and I thought it was especially cool to see

Charlie thanked for his sacrifice that may have saved all or most of them.

. I was a little disappointed that the

flash-sideways were essentially meaningless

and in retrospect would have preferred more time spent on the actual island. All in all though, it was a great run, and I will truly miss that show.

I really enjoyed the finale. I realized a while ago we weren't going to get answers to many of the significant questions, and the finale was really all about the characters and I was ok with that. From a character point of view, it was basically flawlessly done IMO. Really happy with how it turned out and will really miss it now that it is gone.

• 2 weeks later...
Am I the only who finds Chuck's sister more attractive than Yvonne ?

I think she's prettier, but I find Yvonne hotter :wub:

I think she's prettier, but I find Yvonne hotter :wub:

Haha

The chick playing Chuck's sister is Sarah Lancaster ; I think the 1sttime I saw her was on the show " Off Centre ", in 2002.

(Off Centre was badass ans super funny, but cancelled because of the sexual innuendos)

Toss up, 2 different kinds of women.

But yeah, Yvonne is hot too; I like her intense stare; combine that with her boobs and her Eastern Euro background and you're set.

Oh what the hell, i'll take both ^_^

• 4 months later...
Videotron has (finally) added NBA TV and NBA TV HD

86 and 686

:clap:

That coincides with the rebranding of the channel from Raptors NBA TV to NBA TV Canada. Before, it could only be offered in Ontario (like Leafs TV for example). Since it's now a national channel, other carriers could pick it up.

That coincides with the rebranding of the channel from Raptors NBA TV to NBA TV Canada. Before, it could only be offered in Ontario (like Leafs TV for example). Since it's now a national channel, other carriers could pick it up.

Yup

And its not limited to Raptors games

Plus, they have Hardwood Classic games with Jordan, Bird, Magic, Isiah, Wilkins, Hakeem, etc

Edited by rafikz

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If two and a half men ever comes back on will you watch it without Charlie Sheen? There have been rumours that he will be replaced and with todays news that he has been fired that seems like the most likely scenario. To me, he made this show and it will never be the same. I think CBS made a bad move not riding it out with him. He makes them so much money.

If two and a half men ever comes back on will you watch it without Charlie Sheen? There have been rumours that he will be replaced and with todays news that he has been fired that seems like the most likely scenario. To me, he made this show and it will never be the same. I think CBS made a bad move not riding it out with him. He makes them so much money.

Was not a real big fan of this show, but knowing it earned Sheen the biggest salary on tv might be a sign of some quality show.

On another note, finished Dexter 5 in 4 days, watching 3 episodes a day. Definitely didn't help my insomnia problems...

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up that if Hobo with a Shogun is playing in your city, do yourself a favour and check it out.

If your a fan of genre movies, splatter films or fun action movies it's a good time. Just watched it this afternoon and loved it.

I would bet that in 10 years it will be looked back on as being right up there with Evil Dead on the cult horror / action best of lists.

Edited by BrenDittero

• 1 month later...

Fox...I'm not too happy with you right now. I watch 3 primetime shows on there and they all got cancelled late last night. In their place go spinoffs and more lame teenage comedy attempts. Oh, and 3 more hours of Simon Cowell, as if 1 singing show on that network isn't enough. American TV, how much more can it be dumbed down?

Fox...I'm not too happy with you right now. I watch 3 primetime shows on there and they all got cancelled late last night. In their place go spinoffs and more lame teenage comedy attempts. Oh, and 3 more hours of Simon Cowell, as if 1 singing show on that network isn't enough. American TV, how much more can it be dumbed down?

Haven't watch a TV show since the end of 24, Lost and Prison Break.. did I miss anything ?

Haven't watch a TV show since the end of 24, Lost and Prison Break.. did I miss anything ?

Many have come, most of them have gone as a lot of series are one-and-dones since there's no patience anymore. Scripted shows are quickly being dropped for cheaper 'reality' shows. Other networks better have some decent new ones next year...

Game of Thrones. Check it out.

I've been catching old X-Files reruns lately. It's awesome. I used to watch that show every week for nine years. Haven't seen it since it ended tho.

Nor have I managed to get myself to follow any other series (with two exceptions: Monk and the first season of the new version of V). Actually, the way the X-Files ended really soured me on following series and has done so ever since, almost, what, ten years later? lol I was very displeased with the ending and I swear to God, if I'd met Chris Carter in the street, I would have punched him in the face. I was really really disappointed with the ending.

The last number of years I've felt like the more people talk about a series, the less interested I feel to watch it. I gave 24 a shot but after having pained myself to sit through the first half of season 1, I just couldn't take it anymore. I thought they had come up with a great and very original format - but it was terribly poorly exectued.

Prison Break, Dexter, Legend of the Seeker, True Blood... I haven't watched a full episode of any of those, or any of the other series that are popular in Sweden.

Damn you, Chris Carter! :angry:

;)

I've been catching old X-Files reruns lately. It's awesome. I used to watch that show every week for nine years. Haven't seen it since it ended tho.

Nor have I managed to get myself to follow any other series (with two exceptions: Monk and the first season of the new version of V). Actually, the way the X-Files ended really soured me on following series and has done so ever since, almost, what, ten years later? lol I was very displeased with the ending and I swear to God, if I'd met Chris Carter in the street, I would have punched him in the face. I was really really disappointed with the ending.

The last number of years I've felt like the more people talk about a series, the less interested I feel to watch it. I gave 24 a shot but after having pained myself to sit through the first half of season 1, I just couldn't take it anymore. I thought they had come up with a great and very original format - but it was terribly poorly exectued.

Prison Break, Dexter, Legend of the Seeker, True Blood... I haven't watched a full episode of any of those, or any of the other series that are popular in Sweden.

Damn you, Chris Carter! :angry:

;)

In my opinion, Dexter remains one of the very best on tv.

Game of Thrones. Check it out.

Yeah, as a fan of the books, I'm liking the show a lot. (Missed tonight's episode though.)