CBC Bias against Canadiens?

habsfan69

CBC "Hockey Night In Canada" Anti-Canadiens?

Faceoff Magazine.com

Say it isn't so. Tell me I was dreaming when the gang at CBC's Hockey Night in Canada confirmed my lingering thoughts about their bias against Les Canadiens. Allow me to clarify.

On Sunday, April 18th I was watching game six of the Leafs/Senators game on CBC. At the break they did a segment on the Habs/Bruins series. The segment was approximately five minutes in length and their coverage, to my disbelief, was from a Boston Bruins fan perspective. The entire segment consisted of interviews from Bruins players and coach Sullivan. No voice from a Habs player could be heard other than a brief five second interview with Claude Julien to end the segment.

Am I missing something? Isn't this suppose to be a "Canadian" program on a Canadian station telling Canadian hockey fans about Canadian teams? Shouldn't they, instead, have told Canada about one of five Canadian teams in the playoffs who are on the brink of making a gut-wrenching comeback against the second seeded Bruins?

Excuse me Ron MacLean, Canada wants to know about the Montreal Canadiens and their thoughts on game 7, not Don Cherry's Bears.

As a program that doesn't hide their bias of their beloved Toronto Maple Leafs would it have killed them to say something good about the Canadiens? I'm in shock. The CBC should be ashamed of themselves choosing to cover the Boston Bruins and asking them what it will take to defeat the Montreal Canadiens when they should have been showing interviews of Saku Koivu and the gang and their take on the approaching game 7.

I have one question. If the Leafs were playing Tampa Bay in the first round do you think they give five minutes of coverage to Tampa and five seconds to the Leafs? I don't think so. No one in Canada cares about Tampa.

Where is Dick Irving when we need him?

Personally, I have been watching on RDS because I can't take the bias leaf announcers. I say screw TSN and CBC. Oh, and I can't speak French.

:ghg:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Habsfan69 did you reasd some of the comments people made about the article?!!

I know that CBC is bias and it pisses me off, but I can get used to them being against the habs. Its childish and worst of all it just means that broadcasting in Canada is simply turning their back on their hockey roots!!

Oh well, right?

I find it funny how Cherry can say he is a Toronto fan based on the fact that he lives in Toronto. I am a habs fan and I lived most of my life two hours south east of Thunder BAy and now I go to u of A in Edmonton and go home for the summer in Airdrie!!

Location means nothing!!! Its where you heart is. AS well it has nothing to do with numbers. Look at what the NHL has become after it started with a minority. Its not qunatity its quality.

Anyway, just thought it was funny to see what people on the forum had to say!!

Habs 4 ever!!!!

I hear you two loud and clear. I have to same problem with the CBC coverage...especially with the stupid announcers that we got... I wouldn't have minded even Cole/Neale combo or Cuthberg (sp?) but Healy and whatshisname.. Healy has one word in his elaborate dictionary... calamity. He must have used calamity in one segment like 15 times!! :o How did he manage to become a 'color' commentator?!? The guy should be behind ring-toss at wonderland!!

Originally posted by sabumnimhabs

I know that CBC is bias and it pisses me off, but I can get used to them being against the habs.  

I can't get used to it:nono: I live just west of Toronto and it seems to me that they will do a profile on every team BUT the Habs, unless there is a fight @ practice or some wild hockey drama! It's certainly a disgrace, and yes that is all you will hear about for 3 weeks "what went wrong with the Loafs" HEY CBC:-^

Even tonight...they had the Bruins hat on the CBC goalie mask and they'd zoom in on it during intermissions.

Everything they talked about was what the Bruins were doing wrong and how they could improve. Nothing about what the Habs were doing right/wrong...all through it was like that. At the intermissions, during play by play, etc.

It was disgusting...

Even the colour guy doing play by play couldn't get the Habs names right in regards to who was playing the puck...he kept referring to the wrong players all the time. Seeing as this is his job and he's had all the prep AND 7 games to get it right...just brutal.

I'm going to send CBC my thoughts on this...I hope everyone does.

this is what I wrote them...

"I think overall your job covering the NHL playoffs is superb, until we hear the squealing from the commentators for the Montreal vs Boston series. I think they are horrible as announcers and as color commentators (especially Glenn Healy who doesn't color commentate, but rambles on some theory of his from a play that was just witnessed). Could you please replace those two with either Bob Cole/Neale combo, or Cuthbert/Millen. Please, because I am starting to turn to the French broadcasting of the Montreal games, and I dont even speak french. Can anything be done about this please, or are we going to be forced to listen to two people sounding like amatures do the Montreal games?

Thank you for listening to my frustrations.

Sincerely.."

wow... I knew the CBC could be a bit anti-hab, but I guess I'm not so sad that I had to watch the boston announcers. Watching the game from the boston perspective was actually pretty cool - if you freeze frame you can actually see exactly were commentator Tom Caron's heart breaks.

Originally posted by simonus

wow... I knew the CBC could be a bit anti-habs, but I guess I'm not so sad that I had to watch the boston announcers.  Watching the game from the boston perspective was actually pretty cool - if you freeze frame you can actually see exactly were commentator Tom Caron's heart breaks.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

LOL!!

Looks like CBC will different anouncers for the Habs Series!!!

I noticed that Don Wittman and Glenn Healy were anooncing the Calgary Detroit Game!..

This means we should have Chris Cuthbert for our series!..

This is a major step up from Don Wittmans poor play by play! and No more Gelnn Healy running down the Habs!

:ghg::ghg: