The Cube

SAKS-AVENUE

You're judging your opinion on Cube on one game? He played a solid game tonight but usually gets pushed around all night, especially in front of the net. He also has problems handling big forwards down low. Gorges is better at these things and a smoother passer - he's not a star and never will be but he's a safer option and he's proven it in the very few games he's played. Bouillon is a #6 defenceman at best and one good game doesn't change a thing.

One guy I feel good about is THE CUBE. As the salary cap becomes an issue, teams will be forced to find inexpensive talent to fill the holes at the bottom of the barrel. Boullion will definetly give us a solid effort in the barrel every night. He is very underated and understandbly so, given his size.To me he is not only a bulldog but a fierce bulldog. After the crap he went through last year I refuse to judge him on the past season and expect the old Boullion back from the year before. I found myself cheering for him more then Saku sometimes, and even Souray aswell. He just brings something to the game that I love. The pounding sound and rattle of mic'ed hockey boards. The Tucker feud?............I can't wait.......F$%CK I can't wait. Let's get the band wagon rolling.

I feel THE CUBE needs his own appreciation thread ahead of time, before.................... he dummies that meek pesky little bitch.

angryfire.gif

I started this thread in July and it's based on the past three seasons not as you say "One game". BTH.... I usually like your comments about things but I think you under value The Cube just like you over valued Jann Bulis. No biggie........everyone is entitled. I'm just not feeling the Boullion bashers . I like him and I hope he sticks around.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bouillon's been our 4th best d-man this year. That says something about some of the other guys, but he hasn't hurt us in any way.

Gorges isn't really battling Bouillon for a spot. And it's not like we can pencil in O'Byrne for the whole year based on one game, either.

Fact is, there are 4 d-men who have played every game that they've been healthy for this team, and one of them is Frank. Patrice, Streit, and O'Byrne are Gorges' competition.

You're judging your opinion on Cube on one game? He played a solid game tonight but usually gets pushed around all night, especially in front of the net. He also has problems handling big forwards down low. Gorges is better at these things and a smoother passer - he's not a star and never will be but he's a safer option and he's proven it in the very few games he's played. Bouillon is a #6 defenceman at best and one good game doesn't change a thing.

Very well stated. I couldn't agree with you more. If the Cube continues to play, i will cheer for him to do well, but would much rather see Gorges in there.

• 2 months later...

Props to the Cube. I'm not his biggest fan, but he has been playing very well for the most part lately. A few ugly spurts, but mostly very solid, especially since being paired with Gorges. For whatever reason, they have a good chemistry together and Carbo can use them for a solid 12-15 minutes per game. They have rarely been scored upon this year, and that is solid for a 3rd pairing. Keep up the good work Cube. And great goal last nite. Well deserved. His play allows the Habs to be more patient with the young d-man prospects.

Bouillon had a bad year last year, at least partly due to injuries. But he's been solid this year, and very good lately. Him and Gorges are a great bottom pairing, mainly because they're both tough as nails. They don't shy away from contact and don't respond badly after getting rocked. At this point it looks good that we have Bouillon signed for another season after this, I think it will fit very well with our plans. We'll keep him around on our third pairing with Gorges, with one or more of Carle, Valentenko, and maybe Emelin as our 7th guy or coming in when someone's injured.

I can't see Cube in our long-term plans, but he's certainly regained his form this year, and has been particularly effective playing alongside Gorges. He has been playing his best hockey of late.

I can't see Cube in our long-term plans, but he's certainly regained his form this year, and has been particularly effective playing alongside Gorges. He has been playing his best hockey of late.

I agree, but I think we'll keep him around for next year.

Possibly but not if Carle or Tank have a really good showing at camp.

I think Boullion will be around next year for sure. If Carle and Tank have a great camp Gainey will still want depth. That is why he grabbed Brisebois this year. With Boullion back to good form, Obyrne and Gorges development moving along, Carle and Tank possibilities Boullion will be the depth guy and not a liability in anyway, No extra signings on D will be needed. The guy has not been a healthy scratch once this year. He'll start next season for sure.

Hey JMMR...... is our bet still going?

I think Boullion will be around next year for sure. If Carle and Tank have a great camp Gainey will still want depth. That is why he grabbed Brisebois this year. With Boullion back to good form, Obyrne and Gorges development moving along, Carle and Tank possibilities Boullion will be the depth guy and not a liability in anyway, No extra signings on D will be needed. The guy has not been a healthy scratch once this year. He'll start next season for sure.

Yeah I found it if he is a Hab next season on opening night you pick my avatar for a month.

If I do remember correctly he indeed was a healthy scratch for a few games earlier in the year.

There are players I would sooner see go than the Cube. I like him a lot more on D than Striet or Dandy. Even though Streit has his PP upside, I think I would rather see him go than the Cube. Plus I hate to say this, and I know I'm gonna catch some flack, but Teams with lots of Canadians and a Canadian Captain Win Cups. I know it's a Cherry quote, but it's true. I honestly hope the Cube is on the team next year.

Cube will be back next year, and that will be the end of his association with the habs. At that time he'll be 33 years old(going on 34) and I doubt he'll want to take a pay cut...in any case, as much as I like Cube, i don'T believe he's worth 1.85 million per year.

There are players I would sooner see go than the Cube. I like him a lot more on D than Striet or Dandy. Even though Streit has his PP upside, I think I would rather see him go than the Cube. Plus I hate to say this, and I know I'm gonna catch some flack, but Teams with lots of Canadians and a Canadian Captain Win Cups. I know it's a Cherry quote, but it's true. I honestly hope the Cube is on the team next year.

I would have to believe that the Cube will be back next year, and again be fighting for a spot along the Habs ever-better D-corps. He'll have to make it as the 5th, 6th or 7th d-man. Unless he is included in a trade by BG for some top level sniper.

Possibly but not if Carle or Tank have a really good showing at camp.

He's a veteran guy, and a physical player. If we let him go for another young guy then half of our top 6 would be very inexperienced. I'm sure his veteran presence has helped in the development of Gorges, and they seem to complement each other well. I'd be surprised if he left.

I bet one of Carle, Tank, and Emelin will make the team next year in the 7th spot, and another one or two will fill in for injuries.