What's your car?

bombTHEice

Yup, straight line I got nothin' unless we're above 6k RPM. I can keep spinning to 9800. Living in Colorado, I have a close enough escape to some mountain roads to play on. The RX8 isn't hard to mod, it's just a little pricey given the small market for it.

Problem is it's hard to find good pieces for the rotary, like to turbo the car you really need to make sure you get a good turbo kit and installed very well. My friend who has an Rx8 told me he put a turbo but didn't like the feel something to do with how the rotary reacted :S lol

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHI**IEST CAR YET!!

Forest Green 1996 Saturn SL2. 1.8 Litre engine, 4-speed automatic. 155,000 miles. So many mechanical problems, it has a vibration known as the "death roar."

Kelly Blue Book: $900.

Who wants to buy a car? :puke:

Huzer: Where do you live in Colorado?!

Edited by Mils

SHI**IEST CAR YET!!

Forest Green 1996 Saturn SL2. 1.8 Litre engine, 4-speed automatic. 155,000 miles. So many mechanical problems, it has a vibration known as the "death roar."

Kelly Blue Book: $900.

Who wants to buy a car? :puke:

Huzer: Where do you live in Colorado?!

I'm in Denver (Wash Park).

2000 Civic Si. First repairs done this year - oxygen sensor and ball joint. After this car, it'd take a LOT to get me out of a Honda. My father-in-law had a '90 Accord for 11 years and sold it still in solid condition, only just starting to rust. I have virtually no spots of rust. Cheap on maintenance, high on resale (if I was ever going to sell it) and great on gas. And it looks good. I expect to have it another 3-5 years at least.

My wife drives a 1998 Acura 1.6 EL. Basically the same as my Civic except leather and 4-door. Inherited it when her mom died. Brilliant car. Barely any work. Runs like a charm. Still expect to have it another 3 years or so.

Honestly, after the experience of these three cars, why would I look anywhere else?

I have a 1999 Subaru Impreza TS......I'm up here in peterborough ontario so it works great in the winter. i've had it on the trunksroads in Alberta, if you ever want a car that has superior handling and AWD, this is the car for you. Gas is decent, but I definetly will be looking for a manual subaru soon....its too boring driving an auto after having a manual.

Just pick this one up last week:

HPIM1983.jpg

1992 Toyota MR2 GT - 5spd manual

3SGTE engine ~230hp

Mid-Engined, rear wheel drive, 2 seater

And now my daily driver:

17-06-08_1146.jpg

2001 Acura Integra GS 5spd manual

Edited by fromage

Just pick this one up last week:

HPIM1983.jpg

1992 Toyota MR2 GT - 5spd manual

3SGTE engine ~230hp

Mid-Engined, rear wheel drive, 2 seater

And now my daily driver:

17-06-08_1146.jpg

2001 Acura Integra GS 5spd manual

You my friend have a great collection of cars, how much did your JDM end up costing you ?

That's a slick looking car you have there !!

I'll surely be looking at VW for my next car. although that Rav-4 looks tempting.

I don't own a car right now but plan to buy one in 2010-2011. I like Volks and Toyota but won't snob other brands.

Is Toyota Matrix a good car ??

I don't own a car right now but plan to buy one in 2010-2011. I like Volks and Toyota but won't snob other brands.

Is Toyota Matrix a good car ??

depends on what are your needs. I have a kid and expecting another one so it's the perfect compromise between a car and a minivan. it's a good value for your buck but I dont think my next car will be another matrix.

My sister has a Matrix. They like it lots.

Like you said: they !!

I dont know if joe has kids( i doubt he does). had I been single I would've probably picked a more exciting car.

then again I,ll probably have 5-4 quality years with the car after I've paid for it.

I own a 99 corolla and I dont think I'll ever sell it. It still in a pretty good shape for a 10 years old. Its only a bit more expensive on gas than it used to be but I can live with that.

Like you said: they !!

I dont know if joe has kids( i doubt he does). had I been single I would've probably picked a more exciting car.

then again I,ll probably have 5-4 quality years with the car after I've paid for it.

I own a 99 corolla and I dont think I'll ever sell it. It still in a pretty good shape for a 10 years old. Its only a bit more expensive on gas than it used to be but I can live with that.

Thing is : Unlike the majority of 18-35 years old men, I don't like to drive a car. I mean, I like it, I can go from point A to point B, bring stuff with me, etc. But I don't like to be driving a car. I just like to go fast and have fun with the handbreak on the snow. Highway driving is somewhat cool because it's going fast and we don't have to stop every 20 seconds.

I've never learned to drive manual cars and don't want to learn cuz the last thing I want to do on Earth is to change gears and think about the clutch. Using 2 feets for driving makes me wanna puke. When I drive, I have to focus on the road and I hate it. I like to be on the passenger seat thinking about other things than driving.

That being said, I don't really mind about "exciting level" of a car. I mind about : cost, fuel cost, space, able to go up to 140 km/h and security. :)

I've got a 2006 Mazda 3 GT Sport. I absolutely love the car, runs really great, and is really quite powerful for a 4 cylinder engine, while still getting good gas mileage.

I was all set to get another one when my lease expired next year, but now they changed the way the new ones look and I'm not sure I like it enough.