O CANADA!

zumpano21

Wow. you only have 1 problem with the report that's gotta be a 1st....

So a good job consists of a 40hr work week?

As far as Tim's they offer a health plan..........along with other benefits

http://www.timhortons.com/en/join/team-2.html

Man the season can't start too soon........... ^_^

Edited by kenadian

Wow. you only have 1 problem with the report that's gotta be a 1st....

So a good job consists of a 40hr work week?

As far as Tim's they offer a health plan..........along with other benefits

http://www.timhortons.com/en/join/team-2.html

Man the season can't start too soon........... ^_^

less then a month before the rooke camp opens up !!!

no its called good 'career' jobs versus jobs that are just jobs.

Low paying jobs versus high paying jobs people want.

That's the problem here, the Bush administration always touts job growth but its always growth in the low paying jobs department.

I think you can find employment in a career occupation if you really apply yourself. I have to agree though with your observations as government unemployment rates do not count those not collecting UIC.

no its called good 'career' jobs versus jobs that are just jobs.

Low paying jobs versus high paying jobs people want.

That's the problem here, the Bush administration always touts job growth but its always growth in the low paying jobs department.

If everyone had the jobs you are talking about though wouldnt society collapse ;)

no you are missing my point. People with MBA's and Master degrees are working at the local grocery stores. High quality jobs that people WANT aren't being filled instead they're getting woefully inept jobs. Its a product of globalization and the disappearance of the middle class in society. Now you've just got the rich and the poor. When it takes an MBA or a degree with 3 years experience to answer phones at a local bank or business industry giant for 30k with no benefits you know we're *bleep*.

Even in the economic powerhouse of the west everyone I know is struggling. Which proves my point. And these are people with university degrees

Even in the economic powerhouse of the west everyone I know is struggling. Which proves my point. And these are people with university degrees

your annectodal evidence proves nothing.

BTW - I have a university degree and I'm doing fine.

your annectodal evidence proves nothing.

BTW - I have a university degree and I'm doing fine.

And I bet you worked real hard to get where you are which is a great achievement!

I on the other hand worked real hard with my Electronics background to get into a large manufacturing company as one of their top sales reps. Now they are gone and I find nobody wants to pay for performance as they are also worried I will work into taking their jobs. (I had my own company for many years as well so lots of experience) Biggest problem for me is that Wallmart and the large superstores now buy direct from Chinese manufacturers thus leaving any manufacturing representation in Canada to local distributors. This in turn means if you have a problem, good luck with getting your questions answered as the distributors have 1000's of product sku's and know little about what they sell. Plus they have to rely on broken Chinese/English translations.

Oh well, maybe I will flip some burgers on the BBQ tonight to pratice for my next career occupation ^_^

Or maybe I will move to Montreal just so I can watch HABS live instead of RDS. :clap:

that's what I'm talking about.

Last time I checked they don't outsource lawyers who made the laws that have now outsourced the jobs to China.

No wonder people hate lawyers so much now, so glad I didn't go into law.

I know someone who was 'overqualified' for a job so he didn't get it. OVERQUALIFIED what a load.

And I bet you worked real hard to get where you are which is a great achievement!

I on the other hand worked real hard with my Electronics background to get into a large manufacturing company as one of their top sales reps. Now they are gone and I find nobody wants to pay for performance as they are also worried I will work into taking their jobs. (I had my own company for many years as well so lots of experience) Biggest problem for me is that Wallmart and the large superstores now buy direct from Chinese manufacturers thus leaving any manufacturing representation in Canada to local distributors. This in turn means if you have a problem, good luck with getting your questions answered as the distributors have 1000's of product sku's and know little about what they sell. Plus they have to rely on broken Chinese/English translations.

Oh well, maybe I will flip some burgers on the BBQ tonight to pratice for my next career occupation ^_^

Or maybe I will move to Montreal just so I can watch HABS live instead of RDS. :clap:

I guess I wasn't very clear. Pierre said he know people who are having trouble getting proper jobs, ergo the economy must be bad. This is not a logical conclusion. I do not disagree that many university educated people have trouble getting good jobs (my gf for example), but PTG's "proof" was anecdotal irrelevancy.

that's what I'm talking about.

Last time I checked they don't outsource lawyers who made the laws that have now outsourced the jobs to China.

No wonder people hate lawyers so much now, so glad I didn't go into law.

Nice combination of specious logic, ad hominem attacks and general ignorance. Classic PTG.

well the economy isn't great its inflated. For example you go to Vancouver and you'll see help wanted everywhere. Problem is its not the Help Wanted signs people with skills want to see. Then when they spend god knows how many years working on a skill then get to the work force and they won't get hired, its frustrating. Then to see all the stories on the news about the economy yet you have a 4 year degree and the employer won't except anything less then a masters. Then eventually its going to get to the point that a masters won't cut it anymore.

Its a sad state of the world when you have people with high valued skills working at a grocery store. Its becoming just as bad as immigrants have it when they're working at a toll both yet they're an engineer because the country won't accept their degree. Its becoming like that for natural born citizens not just immigrants anymore. I honestly don't pay attention to these reports anymore because they don't tell the whole story. The whole story is that the high skill jobs are being outsourced and you have good young professionals working meaningless jobs and in most cases 2 jobs just to pay rent. Its pathetic and sad.

you response came off smug and I was offended. I take offense to hard working people like (Fanpuck) who can't find a job when they are qualified.

lawyers have it easy. They've got a million options once they pass the bar. The rest of us aren't that lucky.

you response came off smug and I was offended. I take offense to hard working people like (Fanpuck) who can't find a job when they are qualified.

lawyers have it easy. They've got a million options once they pass the bar. The rest of us aren't that lucky.

It is unfortunate that you interpreted my response as smug, my response was angry at your insipid brand of argument.

I note that you still haven't responded to the base allegation - that you take a bit of anecdotal evidence to "prove" that you are right.

I know about outsourcing and the bifurcation of economic opportunities and I don't necessarily disagree that in many areas the job market in the US is poor, but what ticks me off is that you just come out and make sweepingly huge statements with pathetically inadequate evidence to back them up.

BTW - you know nothing about the practice of law, least of which is that we do not spend our time writing laws, that is the legislature's job.

we do not spend our time writing laws, that is the legislature's job.

That's right. Lawyers spend their time consulting thesauruses :P

*ducks*

and the legislature is a bunch of lawyers.

What do you want me to do? Go into too much information? Use personal experiences from people on HW? This isn't a trial and I'm not under oath, so like a doctor I'm not going to give out personal information. You want me to out people. I don't do that.

And yes the world is bigger then Saint Louis Mo. Life is bigger then Saint Louis. But the problems Saint Louis has are problems that still plague the world and the country. If somebody was to create a perfect city with the most problems Saint Louis would be up near the top. And people are more important then profits and job reports that aren't saying the whole story.

Edited by Pierre the Great

and the legislature is a bunch of lawyers.

bill frist is calling. Also there is a difference between having a law degree and practicing law.

What do you want me to do? Go into too much information? Use personal experiences from people on HW? This isn't a trial and I'm not under oath, so like a doctor I'm not going to give out personal information. You want me to out people. I don't do that.

Wow, you just don't get it! Using personal experiences from HW posters would be no better! Not only are people not asking you to out people, people wish you would put less personal information into your posts. Firstly, its all anecdotal evidence. Secondly,

it is annoying and in no way elucidates your point.

Give me some statistics, give me some studies, some articles. Go tell me to read Paul Krugman or Malcolm Gladwell, tell me to read some Steven Leavitt or find me some government, Pew Center, or even Heritage Foundation study. Give me something resembling a utile fact.

The way you respond to my comments leads me to believe that you either aren't really reading what I have to say or are willfully ignoring a real argument, instead opting to rail against some straw man that doesn't exist.

BTW - a doctor would generally not have to reveal personal information of his or her patients if the doctor is under oath. Neither would a lawyer.