Habs have tough schedule

Habitforming

The pre season schedule is horrid with 6 games in 7 nights (one in NS and one in NB) but not all current habs will play in those. However, I was looking over the Canadiens full schedule and noticed that they have it pretty tough.

There are 10 back to back games, 2 are home and homes with the same team. The bad part is that they are all very good teams.

Oct 26-27 @ Carolina, @ Pittsburgh

Nov 16-17 @ Sabres, host the Bruins

Nov 23-24 @ Sabres, host the Sabres

Nov30- dec 1 @ Devils, host Predators

Dec 22-23 @ Thrashers, @ Dallas

Feb 2-3 host Isles, host Rangers

Feb 12-13 @ Lightning, @ panthers

Feb 16-17 host Flyers, @ Flyers

March 8-9 @ Los Angeles, @ Ducks

March 28-29 @ Sabres, @ Leafs

5 times they are on the road for both games, only one time they are at home for both games, and the rest are a split between home and away.

All this and then the last 6 games of the season are the Senators,Buffalo and the Leafs all 2x each. Ouch!

It looks like the NHL is trying to help us with our January blues this season as it seems to be our easiest month (on paper at least) but all in all, it could be a wild finish again.

Edited by Habitforming

The pre season schedule is horrid with 6 games in 7 nights (one in NS and one in NB) but not all current habs will play in those. However, I was looking over the Canadiens full schedule and noticed that they have it pretty tough.

There are 10 back to back games, 2 are home and homes with the same team. The bad part is that they are all very good teams.

Oct 26-27 @ Carolina, @ Pittsburgh

Nov 16-17 @ Sabres, host the Bruins

Nov 23-24 @ Sabres, host the Sabres

Nov30- dec 1 @ Devils, host Predators

Dec 22-23 @ Thrashers, @ Dallas

Feb 2-3 host Isles, host Rangers

Feb 12-13 @ Lightning, @ panthers

Feb 16-17 host Flyers, @ Flyers

March 8-9 @ Los Angeles, @ Ducks

March 28-29 @ Sabres, @ Leafs

5 times they are on the road for both games, only one time they are at home for both games, and the rest are a split between home and away.

All this and then the last 6 games of the season are the Senators,Buffalo and the Leafs all 2x each. Ouch!

It looks like the NHL is trying to help us with our January blues this season as it seems to be our easiest month (on paper at least) but all in all, it could be a wild finish again.

YES !!! finally I get to see a Habs game here at home ! :clap::clap: But it's in freakin March ! :( ... well i've waited almost 4 years so I guess I can wait a little longer :hlogo:

Here come the excuses...................... ^_^

Seriously though, Guy will NEED/HAVE to manage the players better this year, getting guys into games earlier, and giving some guys more icetime. And he'll need to get some of the extra bodies into the lineup.....of course if we're winning games leave the linup alone!

I say get/give the rookies icetime early in the year to see what they can do, [sure they'll make some mistakes but as long as they don't keep making the same mistakes] because if he's not confident with them early in the year he won't be when the push for the playoffs is on (and they'll see even less icetime)

YES !!! finally I get to see a Habs game here at home ! :clap::clap: But it's in freakin March ! :( ... well i've waited almost 4 years so I guess I can wait a little longer :hlogo:

DITTO........plan on going to both as well as one of either Phoenix or SJ..........

6 in all courtesy of http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app?service=...ge=TeamSchedule :)

Sun Sep 23, 2007 Bruins Canadiens 4:00 PM

Sat Nov 10, 2007 Canadiens Senators 3:00 PM

Sat Jan 5, 2008 Capitals Canadiens 1:00 PM

Sat Feb 2, 2008 Islanders Canadiens 2:00 PM

Sun Feb 3, 2008 Rangers Canadiens 2:00 PM

Sat Mar 8, 2008 Canadiens Kings 4:00 PM

Why 6 loses? We play decent afternoon games don't we? Don't be pessimistic :P

PS: 1 more post until 100 (prob not a big thing but hey let me have my time cuz i don't post here often, usually read alot, but its gonna take time untill 200 :P)

At least there are only 2 matinees. One at 4PM and one at 2PM. Plenty of sunday matches also but they are at 7 or 8 PM EST.

Sun Sep 23, 2007 Bruins Canadiens - 4:00PM

Sun Feb 3, 2008 Rangers Canadiens - 2:00PM

No more stinky sundays Habs :puke:

Tough schedule? They play the exact same schedule as everyone in there division.

Yeah, I agree. The schedule is almost never an unfair schedule in the NHL. Only if there was a 8-10 game road trip would I start to call it otherwise.

yeah afternoon games are dreadfull, especially against Ottawa... :puke:

well its the start of a new season and only 48 days left till puck drop in Carolina

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

• 2 weeks later...
The real question is how often the Habs will get the main slot on Hockey Night in Canada. THOSE nationally-viewed games seem to be guaranteed losses. :angry:

And I thought SRC was doing something to regain the Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday.... guess not RDS extended their contract =/ ... can't rely on CBC it's 2nd Leaf Channel >.< gggrrr

Why 6 loses? We play decent afternoon games don't we? Don't be pessimistic :P

PS: 1 more post until 100 (prob not a big thing but hey let me have my time cuz i don't post here often, usually read alot, but its gonna take time untill 200 :P)

1-5 last season in games with a start time earlier than 7pm ET. The only victory was a 4-3 OT win vs Pittsburgh.

1. January 6, 2007 - NY Rangers 4 @ Montréal 3
  2. January 7, 2007 - New Jersey 3 @ Montréal 0
  3. January 13, 2007 - Montréal 3 @ Ottawa 8
  4. February 3, 2007 - NY Islanders 4 @ Montréal 2

5. February 4, 2007 - Pittsburgh 3 @ Montréal 4 - OT
  6. February 24, 2007 - Montréal 2 @ NY Islanders 3
Edited by RobRock

Yeah, I agree. The schedule is almost never an unfair schedule in the NHL. Only if there was a 8-10 game road trip would I start to call it otherwise.

we have a 6 game xmas trip which is back breaking enough

we have a 6 game xmas trip which is back breaking enough

Chicago always has a lengthy road trip before Christmas (end of Novemeber, I think) when the circus comes to town that supposedly "kills" their season every year. There are many examples of these road trips... good teams rise above them. If we can't survive them, we aren't worthy of being a contender. I hope our players and coaching staff, rather than cower in fear like some fans on this board, embrace the challenge of exorcisising some bad demons. It's like the Riders going to Edmonton... the fact that we have to play them in order to win isn't the reason we lose, it's the fact that WE CAN'T BEAT THEM. Same for Montreal and these Christmas swoons. It's not that the schedule is unfair or tough that we lose at that time of year, it's because we can't win games.

Chicago always has a lengthy road trip before Christmas (end of Novemeber, I think) when the circus comes to town that supposedly "kills" their season every year. There are many examples of these road trips... good teams rise above them. If we can't survive them, we aren't worthy of being a contender. I hope our players and coaching staff, rather than cower in fear like some fans on this board, embrace the challenge of exorcisising some bad demons. It's like the Riders going to Edmonton... the fact that we have to play them in order to win isn't the reason we lose, it's the fact that WE CAN'T BEAT THEM. Same for Montreal and these Christmas swoons. It's not that the schedule is unfair or tough that we lose at that time of year, it's because we can't win games.

have you considered a career as a motivational speaker?

have you considered a career as a motivational speaker?

:lol:

I think their lives are more like Greg Kinnear in Little Miss Sunshine rather than Owen Wilson in You Me & Dupree, unfortunately.

But hey, I'll give the Habs this speech in training camp without monetary reward... just season tickets. :clap: :hlogo: