Trouble in Leaf Land

zumpano21

LMAO, Ferguson must have known this was coming; but chose not to talk about this...

It is believed that Bell will get 6 months of jail time.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

I hope he is in jail in mid April if you catch my drift.

It is possible the league or team will suspend him the entire season since he is going to jail. I am not an expert at law but this may prevent him from crossing the border. I say this because he is suppose to start his jail time next spring.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

Must be nice to be a professional athlete ... you get jail time and basically get to go when ever the F you want. What about average Joe ? would he get this kind of treatment for this crime ? no he'd be ripped from his family and would probably get a stiffer sentence. But forbid that a pro hockey player or any athlete have to miss games during the season. As if they don't have enough money to survive missing work for 6 months

:puke:

By the way, still more trouble in Leaf Land; JFJ is still GM.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh well, Bell, you're a moron for drinking and driving. Good thing you make millions and dollars and paying for freakin' cab seems like a hassle.

Have fun in federal-pound-me-in-the-ass prison.

Must be nice to be a professional athlete ... you get jail time and basically get to go when ever the F you want. What about average Joe ? would he get this kind of treatment for this crime ? no he'd be ripped from his family and would probably get a stiffer sentence. But forbid that a pro hockey player or any athlete have to miss games during the season. As if they don't have enough money to survive missing work for 6 months

Nicely put !! :clap: That's exactly my view on this mess.

He gets to defer his sentence to a more convenient time in his life?!?!?!

UN-FU*&ING-REAL

This is nauseating

A funny thing about this that shows a lot is that this is not reported on TSN.

What are they doing ?? Protecting criminals because they are Leafs players ??

Staal brothers made TSN headlines for partying too much, being 20 make noise drink

alccool and give a punch or two to some jacks is a bigger fellony to TSN than drinking

and driving.

Guess the Staal brothers don't wear the right shirt.

A funny thing about this that shows a lot is that this is not reported on TSN.

What are they doing ?? Protecting criminals because they are Leafs players ??

Staal brothers made TSN headlines for partying too much, being 20 make noise drink

alccool and give a punch or two to some jacks is a bigger fellony to TSN than drinking

and driving.

Guess the Staal brothers don't wear the right shirt.

I noticed this right away as well. If it was a player on any other team it would have been picked up and headline news.

People get deferred sentences all the time in plea deals. It's usually part of the arragnement and a "reward" for saving the court's time and money.

That all being said, the league and or MLSE needs to step up and suspend him. MADD better be all over both the league and MLSE to suspend him indefinitely and have him serve his time ASAP. Nothing is gained from having a guy that is jail bound playing in the league for the upcoming season, and it sets a bad example that the league and team are tolerant of drunk drivers.

BTW, TSN is probably confirming with their own sources first about the news before publishing. They won't post something that says "with files from Sportsnet", their #1 rival. Sportsnet carries Leafs games as well, so it's not an issue of protecting a partner.

Looks like he will not have any trouble with the border. If his sentence was over a year he would not be able to cross the border.

I had a DWAI and could not cross the boarder to Canada for 5 years. Seems like Bell did much worse, of course I am not a professional hockey player so maybe it is different

Edited by Adirondack Bud

I had a DWAI and could not cross the boarder to Canada for 5 years. Seems like Bell did much worse, of course I am not a professional hockey player so maybe it is different

DWI's are considered much more severe in Canada than in the US. I know people who got .08's and cross to the US all the time with no issue. Since Bell is a Canadian citizen who is convicted of the charge in the US, I'm sure the border issues aren't that big of a deal.

Same here, I tried finding the story on TSN and I got nothing.

They slipped it in seventh spot overall in their sidebar. Just cannot say anything bad about a LOSER organization without upsetting the flock. Plus "Your Call" is not an option to laugh at them with our comments. And people are happy this loser station is going to broadcast a bunch of habs games with loser X-Leafs doing the commentating in intermission. (Healy the bench warmer and Cup backup whiner will say LEafs are better) The other idiot that hosts will say Leafs are better. DumbDumb Domi still on there? At least he contains his homerism for the most part.

What'd I say when they acquired him? This isn't the first time he's DUI'd. The guy's a headcase.

I found the article on TSN but they make it hard to spot.

Have you seen the TSN schedule? Colorado is on more then the Leafs (and the Flames, Canucks, Oilers and Senators). Habs have the most games out of all Canadian teams with 13 games being shown.

Something's finally clicked with TSN, good to see.

Have you seen the TSN schedule? Colorado is on more then the Leafs (and the Flames, Canucks, Oilers and Senators). Habs have the most games out of all Canadian teams with 13 games being shown.

Something's finally clicked with TSN, good to see.

HOWEVER, Leaf broadcasting station has more leaf games this year to make the FLOCK pay for futility. DOH...I have the Leaf channel too..... :hlogo: