Who is this Lahti

Nesquik

Seriously, I'm looking at topics and stuff, and I you guys already putting Lahti first line, how the hell did you get the idea of putting Lahti on the first line, why are you so confident in him I haven't seen him play I don't know anything about him and you guys already talk about him like if he was a God. Explanation please?

Selanne was interviewed in a Finnish newspaper about Montreal (playing with Koivu), Anaheim (That's where his heart is) and who is Lahti. Selanne said he is good enough to make our 1st line. Selanne owns the Finnish team that is Lahti's arch rival. Selanne has seen him play many times.

Washington were annoyed that we got him because they had him highly ranked for their org.

We'll see I guess. I don't see why Teemu would over rate a player who is going to a different NHL team than his. What would be the motive other than the truth from Teemu?

Once again - We'll see I guess.

But I'm pretty sure Finnish League don't play the same hockey as the NHL. Even if Selanne says he's a good player in the finnish league, is he good enough for the NHL. I don't know but I think you guys are putting way too much pressure on this guy. He hasn't even done anything yet and is already considered a first liner....

But I'm pretty sure Finnish League don't play the same hockey as the NHL. Even if Selanne says he's a good player in the finnish league, is he good enough for the NHL. I don't know but I think you guys are putting way too much pressure on this guy. He hasn't even done anything yet and is already considered a first liner....

You are just doing the exact opposite.

If others are guilty of "making out to be a god" then you are also guilty of making him out to be a fourth line/marginal player just because you don't know anything about him.

Seriously though, take the time and read some articles about him and watch some game footage (it is all over the net if you know where to look) and then make a more educated analysis on him.

The finnish league is far closer to the NHL style then the swedish and russian leagues just on physical side alone, IMO anyway. Lahti likes and plays physical hockey, and that seems to be where most of the concern is when teams bring players over from europe, can they handle the physical NHL?

Actually the finnish leauge is the leuge in Europe that looks most like the NHL.

I like Finnish players because they have "moutarde"

Sami Salo

Kimmo Timonen

Toni Lydman

Jere Lehtinen

Teemu Selanne

Olli Jokinen

All of these guys are feisty and do not back down nor do they turtle. Lehtinen is a 3 time Selke winner. When I think of Finnish players and their "system" it's almost like they have Swedish skill combined with more of a mustard NA style game. If Lahti can come close to being a Jussi Jokinen or a Niko Kapanen, I'll be happy.

He's a wild card. Selanne and Washington seemed to like him, but does that mean anything? If the Finnish league is most like the NHL, should we really be expecting first line talent from a guy whose career year is 34 points? Is there a reason he was never drafted? Is he simply a late bloomer? He has a lot of questions to answer, there is no doubt about that.

IMO, Lahti is probably BOb's replacement on the depth chart for Perezhogin. Lahti should at least provide some good 3rd line headaches for our opponents. I hope he's more but why wouldn't any fan?

I think he is intended as Bob's replacement for Ryder.

No doubt in my mind.

Maybe he's Bob's replacement for *insert name* ? ;)

All jokes aside, I will say that he's definitely got an intriguing reputation around him. Apparently, scoring 20 goals in the Finnish league is a huge accomplishment from what I've been told.

Maybe he's Bob's replacement for *insert name* ? ;)

All jokes aside, I will say that he's definitely got an intriguing reputation around him. Apparently, scoring 20 goals in the Finnish league is a huge accomplishment from what I've been told.

I think he's here to replace you Tony ... and your wonderful Frosted Flakes :lol:

Booooo, he can't replace me, I'M GREEAAAAAAAAAT! *jumps in the air*

Oh yes he can ... I heard he's going to replace you with that tiger that attacked Roy. At least he can ride a tricycle :lol:

Montreal may have a few ? regarding the new players which is much better than having no players to ?????

Looking forward to see what the makeup of the team is goin to look like.

Sportsnet has his stats: Janne_Lahti

I see he's playing for free this year... way to go Bob!

Hello again guys, about Lahti, he's power forward, uups, I mean he was power forward here in Finland. But I expect a lot from him. He is late bloomer. But as you said, we'll see. But trust me when I say, he will make an impact next year.......

-F-

Hello again guys, about Lahti, he's power forward, uups, I mean he was power forward here in Finland. But I expect a lot from him. He is late bloomer. But as you said, we'll see. But trust me when I say, he will make an impact next year.......

-F-

Hey FinHab, talk about making my day. Thank you. Very encouraging and a good inside report from your great hockey country. I think he will make the cut and do some respectable damage.

Saku! Kipper! Teemu!...And the list goes on. Suomi

Interesting playoff stats by Lahti. 9 games played and he scored 8 goals :o

That's why there was so much NHL interest in him, he's known as a clutch playoff performer and just had a career year.

That's why there was so much NHL interest in him, he's known as a clutch playoff performer and just had a career year.

We'll never know if it was a career year because he is here now. I think his stats show continued development and improvement every year (aside from one season, and who knows what happened there?)

You're a "glass is half empty" kinda person aren't you? :lol:

So... we're getting the next John Druce, then? Or Fernando Pisani?

We'll never know if it was a career year because he is here now. I think his stats show continued development and improvement every year (aside from one season, and who knows what happened there?)

You're a "glass is half empty" kinda person aren't you? :lol:

Nono, I mean he had the best season of his life so far. I'm not saying he won't improve those numbers in the NHL!