Official Jersey Unveiling Thread

Mr. Nasty

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the ISLES.... they look deformed to me, the sleeves look long and they look too short maybe it's just the way they're hanging.

Yeah, it's just that the hangers aren't wide enough to span the whole shoulder width of the jersey, allowing the shoulders and the rest of the sleeve to sag.

Sens look the same to me.

The face is slightly different and it's wearing a hoodie now. Plus theres a new shoulder patch.

Basically just a flag with a big O in the middle.

2 more days till the Lightning unveil theirs and 6 more days until the Canucks.

The face is slightly different and it's wearing a hoodie now. Plus theres a new shoulder patch.

Basically just a flag with a big O in the middle.

2 more days till the Lightning unveil theirs and 6 more days until the Canucks.

There's been some leaks on both team's new logos etc. I guess we'll see it they're real or not.

This is the proposed leaked one. I like them except for the little guy in the crest.

http://www.canucksandbeyond.com/index.php/...nucks_uniforms/

Not those ones. Those are fake. ;)

Here:

Possible New Logo

The first post you will see it, however it's not a guarentee. Apparently the hockey hall of fame shop accidently leaked some of the logos and quickly took them off but, there was a picture of some of the hats. The logo was the same as the one in the link i posted but there was also green. Red should be gone. 5 more days until the unveiling.

I like the fake ones better. I've always disliked the current Canucks logo. I've never understood what the killer whale has to do with anything.

It was an alteration of the ownership's trademark, Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment. It goes back to when the Griffiths family owned the team and the failed Grizzlies of the NBA.

I like the fake ones better. I've always disliked the current Canucks logo. I've never understood what the killer whale has to do with anything.

Reasons for the whale are:

The company that owned the Canucks was Orca Bay so hence why the whale kind of made sense. Also the artwork of the first nations who used to inhabit this area go into the drawing.

It actually makes sense in a way. I wish we had something like Johnny Canuck or something else as our logo(as long as it looked good of course), however I do still like the one we have now and it signifies the Vancouver area. The way the new logo(if it is true) has been cleaned up, it looks a lot sharper IMO.

You are correct Tony, it's September 4th.

The link I posted before is great for the new jerseys. It has the date of when every team will unveil theirs (assuming a release date has been announced) so if you're looking for info on the new jerseys, go to that site.

http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/

Yeah the Orca Bay Sports (a seattle group) bought the team and got rid of Johnny Canuck among other things. But I like the Orca, plus Johnny Canuck sort of gives off BC as this too much:

Orca Bay wasn't McCaw's group, it was the Griffith's family's company. They formed it when they got the NBA expansion team.

PUKE....

TBAY

I find the trend is towards simplification of the jerseys but that looks like a grade schooler did it in computer class on MS paint. Give me a break.

Agreed....that T-bay jersey sucks.

Next jersey up is the Vancouver Canucks, they unveil theirs tomorrow. After that is the Calgary Flames who will unveil theirs a week from now.

5 teams still have not set unveiling dates for their jerseys. The New Jersey Devils, San Jose Sharks, Colorado Avalanche, Anaheim Ducks and Buffalo Sabres.

I doubt we'll see anything from the Sabres since they just added the Buffaslug to their arsenal or the Ducks since they just debuted their new look last year too but I'm expecting new ones from the other three teams. Some of the concept art I've seen for the Avs has looked pretty sharp. Especially this one:

avsnewjersey.jpg