Montreal vs. Tampa Bay | Game Thread | 04/23/04 | Game 1 | Round 2

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot make so many turnovers against a team like Tampa, they are very oppurtunistic and will burn you all the time. They showed it tonight...

Damn that Lecavalier, sleeps his way through round-1 and only shows up to play his hometown team... Thanks alot Vincent, punk!

Tampa is a very good team, they're beatable though. Habs need to cut down the turnovers 100% and we'll give ourselves a better chance of winning.

Oh and yeah, Souray did kick Sarich's ass, that was kind of funny.

Its as simple as this... we want to win game-2, and the series?

CUT DOWN ON THE TURNOVERS!

All 4 Tampa goals tonight were as the results of turnovers (4th was because we were beat to a puck we should of gotten) ...

They need to also quit being caught with their heads down. That defender kicking the stick to Theodore so he could pick it up mid-play (with the play being led by Tampa in Montreal's zone no less) was so bad it was hysterical. I can't get over that one. Almost as bad as Kovalev against Boston in Overtime. Worse in a sense. At least Kovalev had pain as an excuse.

:mad:

<i>All 4 Tampa goals tonight were as the results of turnovers (4th was because we were beat to a puck we should of gotten) ...</i>

And it could have been worse. The turnovers were ridiculous tonight. I don't think poor ice is a good excuse, but the puck was bouncing everywhere tonight.

I'm not too worried yet. I have confidence that we will come out strong in game 2 and get this thing tied up heading back to Montreal.

:ghg:

Originally posted by Spider-Man NL
Originally posted by Guy10

highlite of the game.........the left hook by Souray!!!!

Yes, that was awsome, did you see the close up of Sarich after Souray clocked him?

:lol:

photo6.jpg

Is it just me, or Sheldon looks like Bert Raynolds on this pic?

I said after the Boston series that if the Habs lose to TB I wouldn't be too disappointed because they showed such heart and courage coming back from a 3-1 deficit.

Hello?!!!! Heart and courage? Well who the *&?! was I watching last night? They were pathetic. Sure Julien will make some changes for game 2, but his biggest problem is desire. That's been the story with the Habs though. It's almost as if they have to be on the ropes to come out with inspired play, or, they think they are better than they really are after that Boston series.

They have to realize that the only way they win games/series is by team effort, 100% every shift and the DESIRE to win.

Best habs last night? Komisarek by a county mile. Sure the mistakes were there, but he seemed to be the only guy to bring his Boston game to Tampa. The rest thought they were above hard work.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

where are all the theodore haters?

where is the thread "lets start garon in game 2"?

Please don't get them started - please

It will catch like a virus, and spread, wreaking havoc on all Montreal boards everywhere...

28 days later - Nothing! 28 hours later, we'll have the biggest bandwagon since the Carolina Hurricanes of 2002.

In fact, now that I think about it, why sholdn't we start Garon for game 2?

Ah! :puke: I'm sick! :guru: I'm going crazy! :wall:

where is the thread "lets start garon in game 2"

Actually, there was a Theodore hater:

3rd page

Read Kovalev's post.

There will always be people who blame Theodore. When ever there is a loss, he's receive the blame. It's ridiculous.

The Habs are absolutely nothing without Jose Theodore.

[Edited on 2004/4/24 by Ribeiro]

Originally posted by Ribeiro

where is the thread "lets start garon in game 2"

Actually, there was a Theodore hater:

3rd page

Read Kovalev's post.

There will always be people who blame Theodore. When ever there is a loss, he's receive the blame. It's ridiculous.

The Habs are absolutely nothing without Jose Theodore.

[Edited on 2004/4/24 by Ribeiro]

]

Actually I am not a theodore hater. I think he's a great goalie. He made big saves in game 1. But, the goal he gave up where he tried to grab his stick was stupid. When you have got players like st louis and lecavalier or fedotenko lined up in front of you, and you are seeing the way your defense is ######ing up, you need to stay in your net to make a save. But I wouldnt start Garon for game 2 cuz as I watched the game again and saw all the saves Theo made, I would start him.