HW Playoff Pool

JLP

On Sporting News, dlbair's demons are in first going into the second round, with Zednified pushing.

Puck's Prowlers are prowling round the cellar.

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

On Sporting News, dlbair's demons are in first going into the second round, with Zednified pushing.

The playoff season is still young, I have faith :)

Plus I've got 7 trades left (used 3 to replace eliminated players)

Go me!

Lol.. i was so desesperated I traded Zednik when Habs were trailing 1-3... :wall: :wall: I also trade Souray

Now i had to trade for other Habs.. which means i don't have many lefts :nono:

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

I'm still 1st? Wow, I'm stunned, especially since I haven't been able to get to the pool page since my computer died, so I'm stuck with 2 guys that are no longer playing. If I'm still 1st after this round, you should all feel shame, and an array of sadness. :) (For those wondering where I'm typing this from, it's from a school computer, that blocks virtually anything...)

And after round 2, dlbar's demons are still in first place.

After some "strategery" I have enough trades left to make sure I have 7 guys in my lineup who are actually in the finals. Watch out for me!

dlbalr still has a decent lead after round 2. I'm sitting in second place with five trades left, not too bad I guess. The key for me is for Kiprusoff and Iginla to keep kicking butt.

GO CHIEFS GO !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Zednificatio takes the lead after round 3, but is out of trades and has 3 players who didn't make the finals.

The Chuko Chiefs are a close second and still has 3 trades left in case of injury.

Dlbalr's Demons dropped to third, and will have at least 2 players who didn't make the finals.

JLP's BakaYaros are in good shape as well, with all players playing in the finals.

Crosstown Rivals will have 3 inactive players.

With my team, I think I should be able to crawl past the Rivals and the Demons, simply because they have inactive players. Realisticly, I think I will finish 5th. not bad, considering I haven't done a salary cap fantasy game in 4 years.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Dlbalr's Demons dropped to third, and will have at least 2 players who didn't make the finals.

I'm not sure you have everything right on this one. I have a full, active roster for this round, with 1 trade left even.

Khabibulin

Regehr, Kubina

Gelinas, Simon

Richards

Conroy

Although, the way I'm falling (I used to be in the top 250 worldwide), you may catch me anyways!

• 2 weeks later...

One game left and it's Chunko or dlblair to win, slight chance I could slip by for the bronze but Zednified has soldiered on well with his short bench.

Fun pool, thanks guys!

Woooohoooooo. Yeahhhh. Wow. I win, I win.

It was fun, and very close in the end. dlbalr certainly could have won. I have to say that picking Iginla and Kiprusoff right from the start was the key for me. It allowed me to save my trades and be patient. Thanks to everyone that participated. I'll be back next year to see if I could get lucky again.

What ever happened to Puck ???? We need an explanation from the master of all pools...

Cheers.