Game Thread | Pittsburgh vs. Canadiens | 09/17/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rarely, especially since Carbo will be rolling almost two completely different teams.

Tell me about. Just like last year. Boston and Toronto fans were rubbing it in when they won and not realizing that they had their A- squads dressed every night while we had either B- team number 1 on one night or the other B- team 2 on another night. Two squads. This seemed to be lost on those fans.

And, we ended up with a solid preseason record anyway. Silly Ruins and Laughs :lol:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Read in the Gazzete today, Danis and Huet split game one, Price and Halak split game 2. Love starting the pre season this deep in goal. GO HABS GO.

ps Welcome back spidey, thanks for the thread.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Read in the Gazzete today, Danis and Huet split game one, Price and Halak split game 2. Love starting the pre season this deep in goal. GO HABS GO.

I guess in the second game they want to judge which of the two is better right now? I don't think they'd send Halak back to the AHL though so it doesn't really matter who's better.

The game is on RDS according to their online program guide:

RDS Program Listing Sept 17

That's wicked, though I don't know if it is on broadband on RDS.ca

I just want to see some great competition out of these guys. Youth pushing the older and younger vets in all aspects sounds good to me. Now let's just hope we can get some chemistry, momentum, hard work and a few breaks.

Pre-season schedule is packed but it should effectively trim out the guys who just aren't worth keeping around.

Love hearing about D'Agostini, O'Byrne, Price, A. Kosti. Not that I want to see anyone fail, I'd rather have all the young guys playing their best and providing a huge challenge for the entire team.

That's the sort of hunger this team needs. That and some more sandpaper in their game...that remains to be seen.

Go Habs!

ps Welcome back spidey, thanks for the thread.

I hate when they split games!

http://www.habsinsideout.com/2007/09/roste...ays_exhibition/

Roster for Monday's exhibition game announced

The roster for Monday's exhibition game against the Pittsburgh Penguins has been announced. Here's a look at who will face the Pens.

In nets, it will be Cristobal Huet and Yann Danis. On the blue line, Guy Carbonneau will go with Andrew Archer, Andrei Markov, Mark Streit, Mike Komisarek, Mathieu Carle and Josh Gorges.

The forward lines will be made up of Andrei Kostitsyn, Sergei Kostitsyn, Janne Lahti, Garth Murray, Michail Grabovsky, Tomas Plekanec, Kyle Chipchura, Corey Locke, Alex Kovalev, Jonathan Ferland, Tom Kostopoulos and Duncan Milroy.

The game is on RDS according to their online program guide:

RDS Program Listing Sept 17

Go Habs!

Excellant! Been waiting for the season to start... and the pre-season will do just fine.

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips

http://www.habsinsideout.com/2007/09/roste...ays_exhibition/

Roster for Monday's exhibition game announced

The roster for Monday's exhibition game against the Pittsburgh Penguins has been announced. Here's a look at who will face the Pens.

In nets, it will be Cristobal Huet and Yann Danis. On the blue line, Guy Carbonneau will go with Andrew Archer, Andrei Markov, Mark Streit, Mike Komisarek, Mathieu Carle and Josh Gorges.

The forward lines will be made up of Andrei Kostitsyn, Sergei Kostitsyn, Janne Lahti, Garth Murray, Michail Grabovsky, Tomas Plekanec, Kyle Chipchura, Corey Locke, Alex Kovalev, Jonathan Ferland, Tom Kostopoulos and Duncan Milroy.

Who's this Archer Kid? And it's good to see Danis getting another shot. No Higgins, Koivu or Ryder, it will be good to see if the youngsters can perform.

So my question is can anyone recommend a way to watch the game/s over the web?

I'm currently living in Dubai and the only hockey they know here is field hockey.

I'm willing to pay or subscribe to some website if anyone has any suggestions.

Is it possible to post an entire game on youtube, maybe broken up by periods?

Please advise,

Kjell

I'm currently living in Dubai and the only hockey they know here is field hockey.

Please advise,

Kjell

Center Ice Online is offering free viewing of live pre-season games. If you like that, you can subscribe for the regular season (I don't know how much it costs).

Please advise,

Kjell

Kjell, looks like RDS will be playing regular season games on rds.ca - I haven't read anything about the pre-season however...

Habsworld Thread Link

I don't imagine RDS will charge anything for the broadband feed...TSN does not currently for CFL games on their website

Sooo.... I have Center Ice and it hasn't even been activated on my satellite yet.. no NHL## channels. :/ Are they going to be appearing anytime soon? I'd like to check this game out.

i'd like to see

Kovy Plek Lahti

S Kost Grabovsky K. Kost

Kostopoulos Chipchura Locke

Murray Ferland and Milroy

Markov & Carle

Gorges & Komi

Streit & Archer

-The belorussian line is a nice fantasy and it would make them happy, but for team purpose it shouldn't.

-I don't like the Plek and Kovy reunion i am sold on the Higgins-Plek-Kots line wich is impossible

with this line up. Anyway it seems that what Carbo wants in order to make Kovalev haapy on a second line.

- Locke is a centre and doesn't have Carbo confidence, he will m ake him center 4th line

- Chipchura and Ferland had great chemistry in AHL how about trying it at the NHL camp level?

- On defense Markov and Komo are a lock and shouldn't be screwed around .

What i am expecting is more like

Big Kots-Plek-Kovalev

Lahti-Grabovski-Little Kots

Kostopolos-Chipchura-Ferland

Milroy-Locke-Murray

Markov-Komo

Gorges-Carle

Streit-Archer

I hope Crosby is in game 2

apparently he won't which pisses me off since i'm going to that game. at least I'll get to see carey price and that makes MAK happy !!!