Game Thread | Pittsburgh vs. Canadiens | 09/17/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chipchura - I think Carbo has found his ultimate protegé.

He was really terrific. I like how he cycles offensively. If he loses the puck he makes an effort to recover and he did recover it at least once last night. Having him cycle in that fashion is awesome.

I also like how he was "johnny on the spot" in defensive situations. When our D pairing gave up our blueline, who was it who stole the puck away from the player in the high slot on 2 occasions. Who was it who went to help out Huet and got the puck behind the net on one dangerous play? Chipchura of course.

Yeah, it's only preseason and one game but Chippy really underscored some good points and showcased what is yet to come. That is; dependability

:clap:

Yea, i wonder how Chpichura works for the line combos. A couple of people mentioned Gorges good play, but that's all they mentioned. Any more info on him? I think he is a sleeper fo a regular spot, i like his game, smart, good skater and passer. Obviously needs to get physically tougher.

Begin Chipchura and Lapierre.

Maybe move smoke to a wing?

Should be interesting.

My negative vision on this postive win.

Before Carle got hurt he was pretty bad out there looked out of place, so was

Archer, what was he thinking dropping gloves against Laraque ?? this is not brave, it's stupid.

Little Kots is so far away that he shouln't be dressed in a game, let him learn in the AHL and in

practice. Grabovski is so light that when he is not skating the air conditionning blow him over the ice.

No matter how Locke is gonna be good he still has no chance to crack the line up, it's unfair

the guy is now able to do everything on the ice but not on Carbo game plan. Ferland and Kostopolos

played like Garth Murray not much more to say.

Locke looked pretty good - good enough to make me wonder if he isn't one of those players who gets overlooked because his game *shouldn't* work (too small, too slow) but somehow does. If the Habs cut him I wouldn't be 100% surprised to see him bob up for another team somewhere down the line and turn out to be a pretty effective player. Based on that one game, of course... :rolleyes:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Every one needs to calm down a bit. My gosh it was one pre season game.

I'm glad hockey is back.

Kovalev hasn't done anything in like 7 years, again 1 pre season game isn't going to change my mind on him. We'll talk after the season.

Glad to hear Gorges, Chipchura and Kosty also played well.

I think people are excited because it was almost the full penguins roster and one of two or three rosters for the habs, all with very few regulars.

That is promising, but no one is starting the parade plans.

Edited by Habitforming

A. Kostitsyn might not be with Plekanec and Higgins if he plays this well with Kovalev. Maybe Alexei wants him for his line. Good audition.

LOL Kovalev should have to audition to play on Kosty's line! Seriously Kovalev finally shows up and his harem is back to it's usual fervour. When he takes his routine 4 or 5 next games off then you can break out that old book of excuses. I am sure he is already playing injured in some of your minds. :lol:

Good game, we won, too bad Archer isn't very intelligent and got his face pounded for nothing. Carle got injured but no biggie no one expected him to make it this season. I can't wait till we dress our real team though. Ryder, Higgins, Koivu, Hamerlik are on the way.

I love how the season has just started and people are already starting to get negative on what should have been a positive win. It's going to be a long season only because you choose to make it that way. Here's an idea. How about just let the guys play and enjoy hockey again. At the end of the 7 pre-season games and the roster is set, then you can start to complain about people that have actually made the team.

I really don't see how Carbo can send Chipchura down if he keeps his play up.

And Kovalev - I love how he makes zero reaction after a beautiful OT goal. It's like he's saying "I'm really good - I know!" :P

Every one needs to calm down a bit. My gosh it was one pre season game.

I'm glad hockey is back.

Kovalev hasn't done anything in like 7 years, again 1 pre season game isn't going to change my mind on him. We'll talk after the season.

Glad to hear Gorges, Chipchura and Kosty also played well.

Lucky then that noone really cares about changing your mind about him.

Ko VA LEEEV!!!

:)