Dan Cloutier On Waivers

jetsniper

I highly doubt anyone takes him and that contract. Either this is just a last ditch shake up attempt or they'll send him to Manchester.

Now is my chance to try out for the Monarchs :ninja:

I always thought Lombardi was a smart GM - but he really made a stupid move with Cloutier. Acquiring him and then giving him a fat contract despite the fact he was run out of Vancouver and hadn't even played a game for LA yet. He's never really shown any high level goaltending talent in my opinion.

For some reason, I don't see the Kings taking a gamble on a veteran goalie to replace him (i.e.: Gerber, Esche, Cujo). I see them more taking a chance on a rookie or young player. I get a vibe that Lombardi might be interested in Yann Danis if Bernier and Labarbera stink it up.

I still think he should of kept Garon around...

For some reason, I don't see the Kings taking a gamble on a veteran goalie to replace him (i.e.: Gerber, Esche, Cujo). I see them more taking a chance on a rookie or young player. I get a vibe that Lombardi might be interested in Yann Danis if Bernier and Labarbera stink it up.

Remember, they also have JS. Aubin and Jon Quick (maybe could be ready)

I think they're just going to give Bernier a try for at least the 9 game period before they have to send him back .. if he's awesome then he'll stay. if not then I guess Labarbera or Aubin will get a good look.

Lombardi said that he's sending Cloutier down as a " rehab " assignment. Basically like when Roger Clemens came back he started in the minors to get his rhythm back. I guess he feels that since Cloutier hasn't played regularly in 3 years that the work in the AHL could be positive. Hopefully to get his confidence back and basics back. It could work.

If that's the real reason, there's no need to put him on waivers, especially since the regular season hasn't started yet. If they want him to rehab with Manchester, all they have to do is ask him to go for ten days. If they put him on waivers, he either declined the request, or the Kings want to get rid of him.

If that's the real reason, there's no need to put him on waivers, especially since the regular season hasn't started yet. If they want him to rehab with Manchester, all they have to do is ask him to go for ten days. If they put him on waivers, he either declined the request, or the Kings want to get rid of him.

But it's not technically a rehab assignment, as per the rules. As you say, he'd only be able to be down there on official rehab for a limited amount of time. If what CHF said is correct, they want him down there for a month or two, to get him some extended playing time.

But it's not technically a rehab assignment, as per the rules. As you say, he'd only be able to be down there on official rehab for a limited amount of time. If what CHF said is correct, they want him down there for a month or two, to get him some extended playing time.

Yup :) and I'm sure that they could be trying to get someone to take him ... if he plays well in the AHL then maybe someone will take him at half the salary on the way up .. or maybe they'll keep him down there the rest of the season then buy him out .. who knows.