2007 College Football Thread

Pierre the Great

How 'bout them Irish!

lololololol

Ty Willingham was 3-1 at this point in his final season at ND.

But lol your hand picked coach is going 0-4 nobody has ever done that.

When will the boosters of ND come out and just say it? They got Willingham fired because he was black. Everyone knows this to be true except for some reason actual ND fans, in denial eh?

:rolleyes: I guess that's why they just hired a black defensive coordinator after firing the white one. Yup, pure racism there. The fact of the matter is that after his first season, Willingham was terrible. His recruiting classes were terrible and the team's play was at best mediocre. Right now, Notre Dame is feeling the effects of those two horrible recruiting classes. No coach would be able to win with the offensive line and receivers Notre Dame has right now. Next season will be the better test of whether or not Weis is really a good coach or if Brady Quinn was just carrying the team. Weis will have his third full recruiting class in and many of them will have a year of experience under their belt. If Notre Dame is still mediocre next season, you can bet that Notre Dame will find a way to get out of that stupid 10 year contract they signed him to when NFL teams came sniffing around.

Btw, Weis was hardly their "hand-picked" coach. They wanted Urban Meyer very badly, so badly so that many say Meyer is why they fired Willingham in the first place. Weis was at best plan B.

Wellingham couldn't recruit because of ND's stupid entrance policies.

Then why did Holtz, Weis, and even Davie recruit so well? And God forbid a football team recruit smart players. We wouldn't want smart people playing football. :wacko:

And about firing him... This is the worst start in school history. The chances of going 0-8 to start the season is highly likely. Notre Dame fans, alumni, and boosters are not happy about that. After so much success in the first two years, he'll obviously get a 4th year. But if they suck again next season, they'll have no choice but to work out some sort of severance package, lest they look like they really did fire Willingham because he is black. If anything, Weis will have even less of a benefit of the doubt next season because he is white.

You cannot be serious. Are you really trashing ND because they actually take guys who might be ready for college?

NCAA is a business

Then why did Holtz, Weis, and even Davie recruit so well? And God forbid a football team recruit smart players. We wouldn't want smart people playing football. :wacko:

And about firing him... This is the worst start in school history. The chances of going 0-8 to start the season is highly likely. Notre Dame fans, alumni, and boosters are not happy about that. After so much success in the first two years, he'll obviously get a 4th year. But if they suck again next season, they'll have no choice but to work out some sort of severance package, lest they look like they really did fire Willingham because he is black. If anything, Weis will have even less of a benefit of the doubt next season because he is white.

You just proved what I was implying. Jumping the gun eh?

Crazy fanatics. Think its life or death.

You just proved what I was implying. Jumping the gun eh?

Crazy fanatics. Think its life or death.

How is ND fans being mad about their start jumping the gun? It's the worst school start in 119 years, I'd be pretty pissed too if I were an ND fan.

Thankfully, I cheer for Tim Tebow and the Florida Gators.

Because its ND. Everyone I know hates ND. Stuck up kids go there from where I live.

so... because you dislike some people who go to Notre Dame and a lot of people you know dislike Notre Dame, everything they do is wrong?

Wow.

so... because you dislike some people who go to Notre Dame and a lot of people you know dislike Notre Dame, everything they do is wrong?

Wow.

I went to a catholic school that wanted Notre Dame wiped off the earth. This is SLU country. Rivalries in catholic schools gets vicious. Worst then the Lutheran schools although those football and basketball games always had a feeling you were going to riot because of racial tensions.

ah, high school. Nothing beats a social justice speech on why we must send everyone to the hospital on the other football team because they are racist bigots and need to be eliminated.

it was like Brown vs. Board of education at my high school when we played the other teams. good times.

So yeah i hate ND with passion.

Edited by Pierre the Great